Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Priest WotLK New Talents Discussion

They killed priest wand spec, instead giving us +5% more healing/damage... more of a buff to SPriests than anything. Damn.

Shadowform now provides a 30% threat reduction on top of a spec able threat reduction talent? Nice.

I can live with the CD on COH, because I'm sure fights will be adjusted for it, further its now an INTELLIGENT HEAL! (and every healing class has a AOE heal, so its less of an issue).

Serendipity seems like it would work amazingly well for downranking and spamming. Low mana cost downranks, that Overheal return back enough mana that the net cost (after taking your MP5 into account) putting you AHEAD of what mana you were at prior to casting.

Imp Holy Concentration seems like its completely OP. 16% clearcasting chance? Then chaining in 3 60% haste casts?

Divine Providence seems like it might be a skipable talent, it really depends on how much AOE healing will be required.

Guardian Spirit seems... interesting. The +40% healing buff to the target seems like it might be the primary reason to cast it. Not the prevent death. Lets say you hit an enrage timer, or you are healers down at 5% on a boss. Pop that on the tank to give a surge of healing done. The "prevent death" is nice, but it keeps the tank alive at 10% HP instead of dying... though it prevents the "I just was about to get a HUGE heal off on you" from happening. Or if you time it right, if the tank is at 20% insta buff them with the spirit, and then cast your biggest heal... it should keep them alive just in time to get your big heal off. (Read: Macro that buff with a trinket and max heal)

Fatherohealy

Re: Priest WotLK New Talents Discussion

6 second CD on Circle of healing = Priests can no longer raid heal in WotLK.

Priests no longer being able to raid heal = WTF was blizzard thinking and me probably moving on from this game when WotLK hits. I cant be more straight forward about how I feel on this one.

The outcome of this CD is more than just simply nerfing a spell it's taking away an entire facet of the game from a class. It would be like making Paladins no longer able to AOE tank or Mages no longer able to CC.

Grats Shamans, come WotLK you will be the only class capable of effectively and reliably raid healing. You really needed that because you were underrepresented in raids as it is (can you feel the sarcasm).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    and me probably moving on from this game
    Please, by all means, do so.

Basing your raid healing ability around a modified 41 point talent .. is stupid.
    CoH is now a smart heal, it also can heal "Raid" wide & not just on individual
    groups. That alone warrants the CD. Ever think for one second that WotLK
    might not be the 1 button spam fest that healing is now? There are still plenty
    of reasons to bring holy, disc and shadow priests to raid. If you can't understand
    the benefits a priest provides with their new talents/skills then please quit the
    class.

Priests no longer being able to raid heal = WTF was blizzard thinking and me probably moving on from this game when WoTLK hits. I cant be more straight forward about how I feel on this one.

Aww... you cant sit back and spam 1 button on whoever is lowest on health? im sorry.. go play an easier game if you cant stand being a better single target healer, they are changing the way dmg happens in lich king raids, so far every healer has some means of mitigating Alot of tank dmg, shammy spirit link, priest guardian spirit saving a tank from getting killed... last stand on a shorter cooldown... things are changing, dont look at it with your BC mindset, and if you dont like it War is --->

edit, back on topic, the shadow changes have me more excited about wow than i have been since creating a lvl 1 toon for the first time, dispersion? yeah! gimmie a oh shit button that heals me and gives me mana, i like that.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Fatherohealy

Ok to compare, this CoH CD would be like putting a 12 second or more CD on chain heal (CoH heals for less than half of chain heal). Effectively making it so you cant rely on the spell you just use it as a bonus now and again.

Hate all you want this is drastic.

I'm a hardcore gladiator and ive noticed that some of the priest abilities from talents require crit chance, now is this just a way for blizz to make fun of us or is disc gear getting resilience? Any1 know :>?

Anybody notice that Inner Fire now gives bonus healing now as well as the armor, with the talent increasing both aspects by 30%. Hooray for shitty talents being remade into something useful. Plus with Shadow looking like the new big bad PvP destroyer I'm crazy excited for WotLK. 100% spell pushback resist FINALLY! AND AN AOE!

Priests no longer being able to raid heal = WTF was blizzard thinking and me probably moving on from this game when WotLK hits. I cant be more straight forward about how I feel on this one.

The outcome of this CD is more than just simply nerfing a spell it's taking away an entire facet of the game from a class. It would be like making Paladins no longer able to AOE tank or Mages no longer able to CC.

Grats Shamans, come WotLK you will be the only class capable of effectively and reliably raid healing. You really needed that because you were underrepresented in raids as it is (can you feel the sarcasm).
    We can't even be the same "Mana battery" as we are now either. 5% > 2% mana returned. Yes the damage output will be higher than it is now because of new talents/skills which allow us to do more damage but compared to the higher mana pools, its gonna be less necessary.

I see priests as being totally screwed in PvE, screwed thanks to the stupid attempts of making us (especially shadow priests) more PvP based. And we don't even look that great for PvP to begin with anyway (Compared to the other classes new skills/new talents). Stupid attempt by blizzard in my opinion.

The only reason you would want to bring a priest to end game raiding is to provide locks with the +15% shadow damage so they can do their pewpew and give everyone fortitude/shadow protection.

Edit: Excuse me If I missed any point or stated anything wrong, I haven't been reading much about priests in a while since I basically taking a break from WoW till WotLK comes out.

For every Light, there is a Shadow.

Save Net Neutrality, spread the word!

I'm suprised no one has picked up on the light well change

Now only breaks if the damage is more than 30% if your health so for most party members its a viable in fight top up
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Very interesting changes indeed
    kaze ga yoseta kotoba ni
    oyoida kokoro
    kumo ga hakobu ashita ni
    hazunda koe

The 6 second CD on CoH is absolutely unacceptable. This really limits our AoE healing ability. I cast this spell all the time. I rely on it a ton. My friends make fun of me for how much I cast this spell. I cast it when I am bored. I will be really disappointed if they change this spell, I guess they are afraid it will be too powerful. To take a 41 point talent and put such a huge CD on it too big of a nerf. Leave the spell alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    I'm suprised no one has picked up on the light well change

Now only breaks if the damage is more than 30% if your health so for most party members its a viable in fight top up
    thats because lightwell still sucks socks :>

Quote Originally Posted by Darkminded
    thats because lightwell still sucks socks :>
    Whats wrong with it now?

cd on CoH doesnt stop you from raid healing just use Prayer of Healing instead which can hit anyone in the raid now, without cd but with a casting time instead. combine those and you can raidheal very good.

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    cd on CoH doesnt stop you from raid healing just use Prayer of Healing instead which can hit anyone in the raid now, without cd but with a casting time instead. combine those and you can raidheal very good.
    I'm looking for info on this but I can't find any. Can someone link Prayer of Healing info from WotLK?

I'm looking for info on this but I can't find any. Can someone link Prayer of Healing info from WotLK?
    P'o'Mending is raid wide, P'o'healing still looks like party only

Deleted

Whiny kids are whiny, it seems...
    Hate the changes? Stick to pre-WotLK install!

At least don't go troll the forums with your crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo
    Whiny kids are whiny, it seems...
    Hate the changes? Stick to pre-WotLK install!

At least don't go troll the forums with your crap.
    People will always have something to complain about. Such is life. I would hope that people can remain respectful, in their disagreeing with the current changes to WotLK, but that's too much to ask for on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra
    We can't even be the same "Mana battery" as we are now either. 5% > 2% mana returned. Yes the damage output will be higher than it is now because of new talents/skills which allow us to do more damage but compared to the higher mana pools, its gonna be less necessary.

I see priests as being totally screwed in PvE, screwed thanks to the stupid attempts of making us (especially shadow priests) more PvP based. And we don't even look that great for PvP to begin with anyway (Compared to the other classes new skills/new talents). Stupid attempt by blizzard in my opinion.

The only reason you would want to bring a priest to end game raiding is to provide locks with the +15% shadow damage so they can do their pewpew and give everyone fortitude/shadow protection.

Edit: Excuse me If I missed any point or stated anything wrong, I haven't been reading much about priests in a while since I basically taking a break from WoW till WotLK comes out.
    I completely disagree, every spec will be wanted in a raid. Shadow for our oh so capable mana batttery status & an increase in dmg, a lot more dmg. Disc for a mighty mighty main tank healer along with a mana battery for the healers. Holy for raid healing, have you forgot about prayer of mending? its amazingly efficient, and renew is a mighty fine hot.

Priests are gonna be justtttt fine