Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Priest WotLK New Talents Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Poonicus
    The 6 second CD on CoH is absolutely unacceptable. This really limits our AoE healing ability. I cast this spell all the time. I rely on it a ton. My friends make fun of me for how much I cast this spell. I cast it when I am bored. I will be really disappointed if they change this spell, I guess they are afraid it will be too powerful. To take a 41 point talent and put such a huge CD on it too big of a nerf. Leave the spell alone.
    If you rely on CoH all the time, you're a terrible priest and even more so a terrible healer. An experienced priest knows when to spam CoH, when to use it sparringly and when to not use it at all. Some fights renew is superior to CoH, for example Kalecgos and Kil'Jaeden. Other fights are more in need of Greater Heal spam. And then you have Illidan where you spam CoH, renew a ton and also spam Greater Heal. I personally think Illidan is the best encounter in the game for a priest. I just love that fight, even compaired to KJ. You need to play a druid or a shaman if you really want to be a healer who spams one button my friend. Sorry, no offense to shamans and druids but you really do hit 1-2 buttons. Hehe.

Anywho, back to CoH CD implementation. I call it that since it's not a nerf. Learn what nerf means please. I personally don't like the idea of a CD, but only because I know how to use the spell properly. But like others have said, damage taken in Wrath will more than likely be attuned for the CD. That and Lightwell looks to be a worthy use of a talent point.

I just hope they give priests a bit more melee survivability. When I say that, I mean ways of getting them off of us in arena so we can actually cast something. Or remove travel form for druids in arena so they actually know what it feels like to have a warrior or rogue sitting on your face an enitre match as you watch the other healer cast his extremely mana efficient heals go catform, run away and drink back to full.

Nogi

as you said yourself: "An experiance priests knows when to spam CoH"

lets not get alot into details of when you spam and when you don't. i agree - a good priest shouldn't relay on 1 button spaming. yet there are times where i'll chose to use 2 coh in a row, Melee on M'uru, After Kj Bomb when the entire raid is gathered up - and in many more SW encounter. in BT there is only 1 that CoH is extremely usefull which is RoS.
    i do see 6 sec CD on CoH as a nerf for SW encounters: meaning - no more spaming the CoH button on Felmyst, Twins, and more, spam healing a spesific group.
    Yet - i don't believe in WoTLK the lvl 80 10m and 25m will include these kinds of requirments (i don't know i just got the beta and will start exploring ASAP)
    after seeing the holy priest talents and skills, with druids and shamans (and aventually paladins as well), i doubt there will be any encounters with "spam chain heal" or "spam CoH". therefore - for the spam CoH couldn't relay on spaming this button on random low HP targets, but use it wisely when needed.

about the difference between the other classes:
    shamans - BL + totems + ankh, Druids - inervate + CR, Paladins - Blessings + aura

Priests - ability to sheild and massdispell, stamina buff (Improved Divine spirit -> nerfed to 6% from 10%, can't be full holy and have it)

Yes i do agree that they should give healer priests more ability to "Buff" their raid or their group like the other classes do. Yet i still think a priest has supirioty on all healing classes since a priest is the only healer that will be a damn good raid healer and a damn good MT healer (if he uses his spells correctly). But still geting an additional buff to the raid on the same lvl as BL or CR would be very nice for a priest.

Priest

* We'll be removing the imposed cooldown on Circle of Healing in an upcoming beta build. We'll experiment with the ability having no cooldown, but it's still possible we may decide it needs it. We are indeed concerned with the impact AOE heals such as Circle of Healing, Chain Heal etc. have in endgame raiding, but we haven't decided the best way to address the issue. (Source)

I liek

Do what I do, don't spec CoH and then they can't say you are terrible priest..

CD on CoH was/is not a game breaking change. Obviously blizz thinks its a bit op; which it is to some extent - something will be done to it before release. Whether thats adding the CD back or giving it a cast time who knows...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher
    CD on CoH was/is not a game breaking change. Obviously blizz thinks its a bit op; which it is to some extent - something will be done to it before release. Whether thats adding the CD back or giving it a cast time who knows...

41 point talents should NEVER be gimped. It's not an average spell. Why the hell don't they nerf chain heal instead

Fatherohealy

I don't care what anyone says yes a 6 second cd on CoH IS game breaking for priests. It's the difference between getting a spot in a raid for raid healing and not getting a spot. Period. You can NOT raid heal if you have to wait 6 seconds. A shaman will take your spot instead. How this is not completely obvious to some people is beyond me.

Yes they are absolutely making our tank healing stronger with the new talents and if you're into that congratulations you should be excited. You probably should also look into the Paladin class because they can do that and tank and dps.

Personally I like the previous role where the Priest is a jack of all trades master of none. It would be admittedly OP if we were better at hots than a Druid or better at raid healing than a Shaman or tank healing than a Paladin. We aren't. But we can pick up the slack in any of those areas if needed. And that fits into the lore and Blizzards own previous statements that priests are the most powerful healers in the game. Shamans you have healing and 2 dps specs. Druids you have dps tanking and healing. Paladins you also have tanking dps and healing. Priests have healing and party regen. Throwing off the balance of this to make us modified Paladins excelling at tank healing just does not make any sense.

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by dsc
    Its not game breaking to priests to nerf the hell outta it. i've seen it through progression on my ALT priest. from heroics to BT. priests who think they can heal with COH who suck unless its a fight that favors it. nothing a druid couldn't do. common, if you are healing raids as a COH priest you are NOT A MAIN PRIEST. a discipline/holy priest will prob rape you on heals that matter, and you are there for the same reason shammys are but to a lesser extent.. the chain heal factor.

I can't see COH being that importaint to priests who continue to fill a priest role. its a nice gimmick but not sumt i'd get worked up about.

instead how about fixing inner fire beyond casting it every trash pull or two (just in case) (or every case in pvp) better yet lets speed up our greater heals or toss a bit of a buff on our PWS or better yet make reflective shield speccable?

to cry that COH is nerfed means you are worried about loosing your spam spot to a shammy or a druid who works. = failed priest.

bitch about shit that matters.

I toss lower lvl flashes. poms and renews I like circle of healing if it doesn't require me blowing tons of points getting a mediocre spell. hell fliping POM on the tank tossing rejuves and working with flashes of spell rank and tossing greaters on the tank doesn't cover things for ya.... learn to play a priest is my opinion. ya cant do it with three buttons unless.... currently ya can bluff your way as a COH priest.
    Spirit buffer with an attitude. Ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    Personally I like the previous role where the Priest is a jack of all trades master of none. It would be admittedly OP if we were better at hots than a Druid or better at raid healing than a Shaman or tank healing than a Paladin. We aren't.
    Priests are better tank healers then Paladins by far, they may not be at the start of karazhan, but a fully decked out kara priest is better then a fully decked out kara palladin and this is true all the way up to Illidan. Renew to smooth out the damage, Gheal is easily spammable at Gruul and beyond, combined with tossing out a PoM EVERY Cooldown = a free shield slam for a warrior in threat. I think the biggest possible fight that priests really shine is Illidari council... other then Bloodboil/Ros cause there defaulted to us :P

I am gonna be going with this spec http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000 and either putting a point in Holy reach/Healing prayers/Lightwell or something in disc :/

Quote Originally Posted by BuffPriest!
    I just tested and im pretty sure he's right,
    We dont need our fear to be more dispel resistant(although it is nice), the problem with fear is it seems to be resisted a ton more than other spells, and can be broken with WotF/Trinket/Berserker Rage(warrior fear immune, not 100% sure of the name). Would be much better to make it have a fear and then a second debuff with a death coil type of effect(maybe with a smaller healing effect ;D, or none at all), no wotF/Berserker Rage through it(first few seconds of it at least).