1. #1

    What would you change to the priest talent trees?

    On the priest talent trees in WotLK if you could, and why?

    Playing a shadow priest for the past 2 years myself, I wont comment much on the disc/holy tree, though mainly because i dont like the healing aspect of the priest when you can melt faces instead xD

    Overall Im pretty happy with the shadow tree as it is, allthough im a bit worried about how blizzard are gonna fix the mechanic refreshing SW:P on the target, say if you have spellhaste. If you recast MF every 2.6 seconds, and refresh SW:P at a 100% base, are you never gonna see a tick, or what?

    I'd honestly like to see the Vamp touch mana benefits go back up a couple of percents, even by an "improved vamp touch"-talent, if only for yourself.

    The overall increase in spell power and dot damage is good, but i have a bad feeling we'll only be overpowered in the early gear stages and in the long run do as we did in TBC; loosing to Warlocks, Mages, Rogues and Hunters on dps eventually (yes i know you guys are all primarily dpsers), and with our benefits now being well cut in half, makes me wonder about our future in 10 man instances, allthough Im confident that at least one shadowpriest will be taken to every 25 man raid.

    Also, dispersion, viable for PvE, or just a PvP cheat death ability?
    Discuss.

    edit: yay first
    Retired

  2. #2

    Re: What would you change...

    Mind flay max distance. Its realy low, it was 30 in the alpha, changed back to 20 in the beta. its also 20 now on the live servers.

    +- 25 range I think is fine.

    and buff VT to 3%

    Also playing a ShadowPriest (PvP)

  3. #3

    Re: What would you change...

    Im pretty happy too. I think we will do some good dps, and I think that's what Blizz is aiming for, so we dont get raid spots just because of our VT.

    But its just a Beta. Things can still get worse/better.

  4. #4

    Re: What would you change...

    I think we got a pretty good talent tree for Wotlk, and i think dispersion will be viable for PvE 36% mana and health over 6 sec will be worth 1 talent point. I hope that VT will be changed back to 5%. And i really like the Imp. spirit tap + Imp shadowform. So all in all i think its pretty good

  5. #5

    Re: What would you change...

    dispersion will be very nice for pvp, as with imp SF/fade combo. however, the mana regen espect will not be THAT much of an issue. if MF is refreshing SW:P, that is a good chunk of mana not used. also, they seem to be making more dps gear with loads of spirit to help out with twisted faith and meditation. even if VT is nerfed to 2%, the other buffs to mana efficiency may balance it out, if not make our mana eff better.

  6. #6

    Re: What would you change...

    Quote Originally Posted by Donjohn
    I hope that VT will be changed back to 5%.
    2% would be fine imo with all that new itemization .Otherwise it would be a bit overpowered.There is a reason VT got this slight nerf.
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

    [blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens.* [/blizzquote]

  7. #7

    Re: What would you change...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceko
    2% would be fine imo with all that new itemization .Otherwise it would be a bit overpowered.There is a reason VT got this slight nerf.
    ya cuz life tap then drain life isn't OP for infinite mana pool... while we're at it why don't we nerf warriors rage and after 5 mins of fighting, they get an 'exhaustion' debuff that makes them only able to auto attack for the next 45 seconds... same with a rogues energy.. cumon man, 5% of ur dmg back into mana is not overpowered considering all other classes in this game...

  8. #8
    Darkevader
    Guest

    Re: What would you change...

    Quote Originally Posted by seasonfour
    ya cuz life tap then drain life isn't OP for infinite mana pool... while we're at it why don't we nerf warriors rage and after 5 mins of fighting, they get an 'exhaustion' debuff that makes them only able to auto attack for the next 45 seconds... same with a rogues energy.. cumon man, 5% of ur dmg back into mana is not overpowered considering all other classes in this game...
    Bad argument, do hunters get 5% of dmg back as mana? How can u justify it for priests when they already have decent regen? I'm fine if it does end up being 5%, or somewhere around there, but your argument for it makes no sense imo. Just becuz locks never, or rarely, run out of mana doesnt mean that priests should have an infite mana pool.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Mortisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Same country as Radek Zelenka
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: What would you change...

    Quote Originally Posted by seasonfour
    ya cuz life tap then drain life isn't OP for infinite mana pool... while we're at it why don't we nerf warriors rage and after 5 mins of fighting, they get an 'exhaustion' debuff that makes them only able to auto attack for the next 45 seconds... same with a rogues energy.. cumon man, 5% of ur dmg back into mana is not overpowered considering all other classes in this game...
    Let me guess, what is my mana regen while casting with my warlock, I'll round it for you - > 0 < -. Guess why we can life tap/drain?

    "Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

  10. #10

    Re: What would you change...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nochar
    On the priest talent trees in WotLK if you could, and why?

    Playing a shadow priest for the past 2 years myself, I wont comment much on the disc/holy tree, though mainly because i dont like the healing aspect of the priest when you can melt faces instead xD

    Overall Im pretty happy with the shadow tree as it is, allthough im a bit worried about how blizzard are gonna fix the mechanic refreshing SW:P on the target, say if you have spellhaste. If you recast MF every 2.6 seconds, and refresh SW:P at a 100% base, are you never gonna see a tick, or what?

    I'd honestly like to see the Vamp touch mana benefits go back up a couple of percents, even by an "improved vamp touch"-talent, if only for yourself.

    The overall increase in spell power and dot damage is good, but i have a bad feeling we'll only be overpowered in the early gear stages and in the long run do as we did in TBC; loosing to Warlocks, Mages, Rogues and Hunters on dps eventually (yes i know you guys are all primarily dpsers), and with our benefits now being well cut in half, makes me wonder about our future in 10 man instances, allthough Im confident that at least one shadowpriest will be taken to every 25 man raid.

    Also, dispersion, viable for PvE, or just a PvP cheat death ability?
    Discuss.

    edit: yay first

    Refreshing a DoT is not the same as Reapplying a DoT, blue text has explained this. Refreshing a DoT will have it tick like normal

  11. #11

    Re: What would you change...

    What would I change?
    - 30 yrd Mind Flay (Alpha build)
    - Remove the +50% Crit Damage from Shadow Power
    - "Double Dip" Spell Haste via a Mind Flay proc' mechanic e.g.
    Each time your Mind Flay deals damage you have X chance of doing Z and Y.

    The class has much more synergy with Spell Haste than Crit. Even with +50% damage and Imp. Spirit tap the fact that we're restricted to only two spells capable of a critical strike (one castable every 6.5, and 12 seconds respectively) means that we still won't scale all too well.

    You can leave Imp. Spirit Tap as is. But you have no choice but to remove the 50% Crit Damage on Shadow Power or otherwise it would cause the class to become monstrously overpowered when combined with this Mind Flay proc'.

    Alternatively they could allow Mind Flay to crit like Arcane Missiles but that would require some major retuning of talents for balance reasons.

  12. #12

    Re: What would you change...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia
    Let me guess, what is my mana regen while casting with my warlock, I'll round it for you - > 0 < -. Guess why we can life tap/drain?
    Learn2WotLK

  13. #13

    Re: What would you change...

    Talents are fine(Well you can say VT, but I'm covering that with the increase of dps)

    Changing the scaling for shadow priests would be all that is needed now.

    The VT nerf makes us less beneficial in raids(The damage upgrade we are getting now is not making up for the nerf) and I think it should be compensated with PROPER scaling, the current scaling won't cut it. It just won't.

  14. #14

    Re: What would you change to the priest talent trees?

    move imp spirit up 1 Tier - it's ridiculous that we still won't be able to spec the last talent in the holy tree and losing addheal, while pushing other classes in dmg/heal with 23/38/0.

  15. #15

    Re: What would you change to the priest talent trees?

    Move Spirit to tier 3! It's not even half as good as BoK and Paladins can still have that at same time as last talent holy.

  16. #16

    Re: What would you change to the priest talent trees?

    Make Mind Flay crit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •