Thread: WOTLK Specs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WOTLK Specs

With incite, stalwart protector and sword and board, and the AP scaling of your abilities, threat will be through the roof in wolk. As it is right now, no one should be pulling aggro if you're doing things right and your dps knows how to manage aggro. thats y vigilance is crap. The way it was in the alpha when it didnt have the 10% threat reduction was at least useful as an OT ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay
    With incite, stalwart protector and sword and board, and the AP scaling of your abilities, threat will be through the roof in wolk. As it is right now, no one should be pulling aggro if you're doing things right and your dps knows how to manage aggro. thats y vigilance is crap. The way it was in the alpha when it didnt have the 10% threat reduction was at least useful as an OT ability.
    Yea during the Alpha I was so excited for vigilance as it being used on the OT and MT buffing each other, however I think they realised how imbalanced it would be in a double tank fight and decided to nerf it.

I thought this was going to be a cool thread about pvp specs and what would be cookie cutter builds.

Instead its a topic about tanking or something extremely boring and nerdy.

0/10 for everyone thats replied.

Quote Originally Posted by nuMbxx
    I thought this was going to be a cool thread about pvp specs and what would be cookie cutter builds.

Mine as well include yourself then, thanks for the reply

Briefly checked out some of the prot specs here, suprised to see that no one put some points into imp.heroic strike :-\

As it stands now, it's every raid-protwar to exchange all white dmg with HS dmg ;D All tho, I don't know how things will work out in tbc :-\

With the info I got, this would be my MT spec: http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Few things I might reconsider;
    Anticipation - Might give to much dodge, depends on the gear available in wotlk, hate spiky rage gain.
    Imp deff stance - Remains to see how many spell dmg bosses we'll get to tank after DKs arrive.
    Shockwave and anger management - going to give shock a chance. If it isn't a great threat boost, I'll dump that and anger management for stalwart defender
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

Quote Originally Posted by Loliiten
    Briefly checked out some of the prot specs here, suprised to see that no one put some points into imp.heroic strike :-\
    So u didnt checked mine l/ i feel ignored now /wrist
    But lolithen u should rly go after 2rage per parry/dodge instead of anger menagment, it will be much much more efective.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyllo
    So u didnt checked mine l/ i feel ignored now /wrist
    Well, I did now, and you don't have imp.HS either >

Sidenote; didn't read up on the imp shield bash, 10% shield slam dmg might be worth looking at
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

My new final judgement after realizing that heroic strike would have a 15% crit with my build.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Until I've seen shockwave and vigilance first hand, I am to assume currently, that they are good talents. I've revised and gotten imp heroic strike, and 1 imp shield bash for the 5% damage up of shield slam.

LOL i must have pasted some other spec o.O this is mine:
    And only think what i can change is going for imp shield bash and revange cuz of more dmg instead of 5 points in 1h spec. hehe
    And loli u should go for sterw defender tbh

LOL i must have pasted some other spec o.O this is mine:
    And only think what i can change is going for imp shield bash and revange cuz of more dmg instead of 5 points in 1h spec. hehe
    And loli u should go for sterw defender tbh
    Not sure whom this was in reference to, "sterw defender"? Stalwart Protector? Yes absolutely, don't take 5 out of 1h spec, absolutely worth it. imp shield bash> revenge, the skill does more damage I believe, + as a warrior, you want to be hit for rage, stunning makes it so inconvenient for you. Oh, and no imp disarm, endgame, there will be no use for that seeing as no bosses will be able to be disarmed, and trash should be easy anyways.

yea Stalwart Protector, was absorbed by watching movie :P
    God wtf is with this talents, its all the time coppying not the spec i made........... or someone is messing with me or im fucking drunk, but im not so someone is messing with me.......... grrr 1s will make new 1 and try to check if its mine after pasting.......

ok this must work, dunno what was wrong with previous ones...... i used firefox not opera to make this spec so it must be it! :P

no no no, absolutely take 2 out of imp taunt, put one in anticipation. I would say that you should get cruelty, so I would take out of imp shield wall and imp defensive stance to have enough points to put in that. I also like the shield bash talent, so I would somewhat consider putting 1 in there, but keeping 1 in imp shield wall or defensive stance is fine too, it's the tanks choice whether they think they need it or not.

Unforunetly with my guild boys dps imp taunt is more then need, this hot boys are going all out on trashes, pyroblasting/aimshoting etc from verry start, im not sometimes able to get to mob and he is 70% already in bt/sunwell XD. So its my need unfortunetly this 2 in taunt :P.
    Also history teached me that imp shield wall is verry helpful when there is some mess going arround, for examlpe someone with ghosts on teron is getting dc, so im shieldwalling and healers got like 20s free to heal raid etc.
    Also im not after avoidence during tanking that much, i prefer shield block value, i know its seams strange for some ppl but buffed and trinketed im blocking 1.4k every hit atm, and 1k every hit without trinkets, so this 1 dodge will not save my life i belive :P but we will see how it will be during wotlk, atm im ~36% dodge and 25% parry when i need so its not making big deal.

Well, I've thrown my 2 cents in to what I believe is the most useful spec, if you believe shield wall is worth it, keep 1 point in it, -2 seconds won't kill you, put the other point in anticipation. I highly recommend cruelty but if you truly believe you need the taunt cd reduction it's up to you.

Safeguard and Imp disarm are wastes. my 2 centz
    This user has been banned.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nuMbxx

And 0/10 for you my friend.

When you realise that there is more to this game then PvP then please feel free to come back.

Unforunetly with my guild boys dps imp taunt is more then need, this hot boys are going all out on trashes, pyroblasting/aimshoting etc from verry start, im not sometimes able to get to mob and he is 70% already in bt/sunwell XD. So its my need unfortunetly this 2 in taunt :P.
    Well, if that's the case they should l2p and chill.. I know it's great fun to joke around and try to nuke trash as fast as possiple, but it shouldn't affect your specc. You specc for the boss fights, not the god damn trash :P If they don't understand this your GM should have a chat with them, imo.

Re: WOTLK "Tank" Specs

I'm glad I finally found the warrior tank discussion on these forums!

Anyhow, to throw in my two-cents: I think a lot of people have been misjudging Shockwave. They seem to think it's a thinly veiled attempt to AoE tank like a pally. In all honesty, I will very rarely use it like that (mostly 5-mans), but the main purpose of it would be to pull. Yes, .25 of your attack power is not much, but how much damage does your gun/bow/thrown weapon do? Can it hit multiple targets? Obviously it's going to take some getting use to (where exactly the cone stops in front of you for example), but I'm definitely picking this one up.

As for safeguard and imp. disarm. Everyone has very valid points about these two. Maybe safeguard will be useful on a Gruul-like boss when you are undergeared and can barely take the punishment it dishes out, but after a little bit of gear up (for tanks and healers), that won't be a problem anymore. Also, in a 5-man, what would be the point of reducing the intervene damage? It's not as though any of those hits would be life-threatening to a tank (shouldn't be anyway). As someone said, imp. disarm would be great on a boss that could be disarmed, but considering that only low-level bosses (Attumen, lol), and mobs are able to be disarmed, it's not that great unless you're worried about trash.

Vigilance: Another poster brought up a good example for this one. On nightbane, when a pally throws down consecrate to grab aggro from the skellies, vigilance would allow the pally to take less damage, and for the warrior to constantly have taunt up so they can taunt the adds off of him. Obviously this is a rather limited usage, but should there be another encounter like that (or like the murlocs on Tidewalker), this could be handy. Although pally tanks will always have the edge in circumstances like that.

Hope this helps

Re: WOTLK "Tank" Specs

Quote Originally Posted by Teferi
    Vigilance: Another poster brought up a good example for this one. On nightbane, when a pally throws down consecrate to grab aggro from the skellies, vigilance would allow the pally to take less damage, and for the warrior to constantly have taunt up so they can taunt the adds off of him. Obviously this is a rather limited usage, but should there be another encounter like that (or like the murlocs on Tidewalker), this could be handy. Although pally tanks will always have the edge in circumstances like that.

Hope this helps
    the pally will generate less threat and your aoe will die. Same with murlocs on tidewalker, but worse since you have 3 warlocks spammin seed. Besides, they don't even hit plate for very hard. The best use for vigiliance would be on a dps since salv is gone.
    This user has been banned.