http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVG...Zcxxcf0qVhVcso

Deep Holy/Disc (Guardian Spirit)
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVG0zhZcxxcf0qVhVIst

Shadow PvE (Not sure on the rest)
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVG0zhZZGcfzoizcVqVzA

Feel free to post build that u will use/try

Re: PvE Priest Builds @80

Take another look at Lightwell.

Also, every raid will want a heavy-discipline priest for Grace. Such a build could also throw out reflective shields every 3.5 seconds essentially for free. Something like this:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000
    Though there are surely things that could be tweaked or optimized.

Shadow Build @80, the only point to move around will be the one point I have in imp. shadowform. It could go where ever.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVoizcVqqzAo

Why do you want Disperion?

I'll go for something like this:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhkhhZZGcfcoizcVqVzA

Dispersion is the equivalent of a priest self innervate... 36% mana and health back over 6 seconds. Between that and shadowfiend you would have two big mana boosts every 5 minutes.

If you take mental agility in your tree the only spell that it will affect that you will use constantly will be SwD since mind flay will be refreshing SwP.

Yeah, thats kinda true.

But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if we got mana problems on long boss fights like now. Then I will value Dispersion

And, if you pull argo, you got an ''oh shit'' button.

Yes I'm a PvPer, I do that somtimes.

lol :3 ur second specc (guardian spirit) reqs only level 79, did u choose not to take the last point so it would look better?

I don't understand why anyone would throw 5 points is shadow weaving. If you're using an optimal rotation for boss fights (which is really the only dps that matters), and you don't cast a shadow spell within 15 seconds to refresh shadow weaving, you're doing something wrong. 100% is overdoing the talent, especially if you have multiple shadow priests raiding (usually 2 or 3 in the raid, anything more is excessive). From what I've seen and experienced, 3 points (or 4 if you're low on shadow priests) should be the optimal amount of points to throw in that talent. Anything more is a waste of points.

Just had to address that, judging from the talent choices I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Shadow priests in WLK do not stack anyway near as well as in TBC. You will likely have one in the raid and maybe a second though it is not really optimal. On any fight where you need to move a lot, or even move out of range (certainly they are only a few of those) going for anything less than 4/5 gives you a very good chance of dropping the stack.
    Even so, with two shadow priests, there should be no problem refreshing shadow weaving, even while moving (through personal experience in Sunwell, seeing as there are some prime examples of fights where you need to be moving (the spell itself is not changing, so comparing experiences is still relevant)). Not sure where you heard that taking more than 1 is excessive, but that's simply not the case at all.

Edit: From what it looks like, our damage is being buffed (as well as extra talents to do so), vampiric touch is being nerfed (but the extra damage should offset it, making it only a minor nerf), and any issues with running out of mana are being removed with Dispersion, as well as the addition of the reduction of mana used for shadow spells (added to the talent that gives us our spell hit). I"m not sure how only taking one is going to be beneficial, seeing as we're still going to be a huge support class, and now, competing dps-wise with others.

Edit2 (sorry!): Not to mention that our aggro is going to be massively reduced through shadowform (30% by itself, which is like a self-buffed salv)... we'll be able to throw points into imp vampiric embrace and help even moreso with healing (which again will be buffed because of the fact that we'll be doing more damage). I'm actually surprised that vampiric embrace wasn't nerfed slightly. Also, from what I could tell, the aggro from vampiric touch is being reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibey
    Why do you want Disperion?

because its like evocation and ice block combined but for spriests

Personally I'd go for something like this:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfmowzsVqizAo

Reasons:
    Shield > Silent Resolve since Ive never EVER found myself being in danger of outthreating someone with holy/disc spells. The dispelling effect doesnt matter shit in PvE as it stands. I'd rather be able to survive an otherwise one-hit-kill with a better shield.

4/5 Imp Mind blast: The optimal amount of points without spellhaste. I'm just gonna wait and see what spellhaste will be like in WotLK and take a point from imp. Vamp Embrace eventually.

4/5 Shadow Weaving: For raiding, I've never found myself needing 5 points because with straight dpsing, you'll never be in danger of loosing the debuff anyway.

2/2 Imp Shadowform: Coz the 70% pushback resistance is awesome wherever, and removing slow effects with fade will prove pretty decent also in PvE.

Dispersion: Yes, more innervates plx

Edit: PvP Shadow specc. Wont explain anything. If ur a good priest, you'll know why I put points where I put them, so chew on this one abit :P

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bgM...0xfiRikfVqbdho
    Retired

I'm gonna try out the following build for my priest

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Note that one this talent calculator, Spiritual guidance is listed as only buffing SPELL damage by % of spirit not healing.

Does anyone else feel like they are grasping for points at the beginning of the holy tree now? Rumors are that Blizz is trying to push Disc priest into being heavy single target healers and holy more towards AOE, even while they are nerfing CoH. Still it seems to me that there are several talents in the upper holy tiers that would be highly desirable to a single target healer (Holy Concentration, Empowered Healing, Serendipity) that will be unobtainable with Rapture and Grace being so high up disc. Just seems like they still need to work on some of the talent placements and not sure how this Guardian Spirirt will work out, but then again CoH was laughable when it first came out and has been gold through Hyjal and BT.

But hey, at least it looks like they are updating Inner fire.... a bit.

personally i wana see the stats on our pvp gear, cause looking at these talents, i want some spirit on it, maybe im crazy
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangelwing
    Note that one this talent calculator, Spiritual guidance is listed as only buffing SPELL damage by % of spirit not healing.
    Reading it closer it does say increase to 'Spell Power' which, if I understand it correctly, is just the new wording for the unified stats. So in that case, SG will still be beneficial for healing. =]

Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

My PVE Shadow Spec @ 80 --> http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo

Firstly... 4/5 Shadow Weaving. 3/5 Is all that is necessary if there are 2 spriests (which is not always the case) and 5/5 is just a waste of a point.

5/5 Imp Mindblast. No question. Assuming 0 haste, then 4/5 is the dps-maximizing amount. However, with the advent of haste as just another common stat (if you look at some of the dungeon WOTLK blues that have been discovered so far you notice A LOT of haste) then 5/5 is a definite increase in dps.

2/2 Imp Shadowform. While not necessary by any means, the only other place to put these points would be into mental agility to become slightly more mana efficient. However, the new spirit mechanics + meditation + inner focus + imp spirit tap + focused mind + pain and suffering should leave us extremely mana efficient. So I think the 70% passive spell pushback resistance PLUS the addition of fade as a semi dispel/escape would be a very nice addition to the spriest arsenal.

1/1 Dispersion. There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this will be useful in PVE. And while it will definitely be situational, I believe it will be very useful. Most raid encounters nowadays require you to move at least a few times during the fight, and often for more than 6 seconds. So, for example, if you know you're going to have to run around for a bit, you refresh dots, pop dispersion, and have yourself a little on-the-go evocate. Plus, if you were to pop dispersion right after a MB/SWD burst (and assume one of them crits!) then you'll also get 6 seconds of regen along with the dispersion, all the while having your dots tick so that you're overall dps hit is minimal.

The points in disc are pretty standard. The only thing I'm confused about is whether mediation and Imp spirit tap will stack at all (I doubt it). If they do then great, but if they don't then I would have to look at the actual imp spirit tap up-time to determine if meditation was even really worth it (although the only other useful spot to put the points would be imp vamp embrace).

Anyways, I would appreciate any comments or concerns with this suggested build. I can't wait to play my spriest at 80!

can someone tell me how improved shadow form works? the tooltip seems rather confusing...

Does it mean I need to use fade to get the 70% concentration effect or does the shadow form have it built in?

Joonas

Quote Originally Posted by kumarbar
    can someone tell me how improved shadow form works? the tooltip seems rather confusing...

Does it mean I need to use fade to get the 70% concentration effect or does the shadow form have it built in?
    You'll have 70% chance to avoid spell pushback by default and thus no need to use fade. Fade will remove movement impairing effects.

15+ Year Old Account