Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy PvP Relevant WOTLK Changes

Quote Originally Posted by hi675
    Aren't shockadins dead yet? Please? Haven't the recent changes made them pointless? Just go spec a real healing or ret spec.
    hehe, although is might not be good as a pure healing, the 60% healing HoT after a crit is pretty nice.

Since in the ret three 5% crit is also for spells i believe, wouldn't that mean holy paladins get 6%+5%+5% crit? Would be able to get about 35%-40% without to much trouble. with that you would get a HoT doing 60% extra healing after 35% of ur spells :O
    Might preffer that above the pure healing for lvling :O

Quote Originally Posted by pferd
    hehe, although is might not be good as a pure healing, the 60% healing HoT after a crit is pretty nice.

Since in the ret three 5% crit is also for spells i believe, wouldn't that mean holy paladins get 6%+5%+5% crit? Would be able to get about 35%-40% without to much trouble. with that you would get a HoT doing 60% extra healing after 35% of ur spells :O
    Might preffer that above the pure healing for lvling :O
    Hot would do. Holy paladin is still purely based on chance with most of his abilites. Crit here and crit there is needed to win. At the same time other classes are not effected by this.

ANd btw- the trend with the plate wearing healing gear in WOTLK is that crit % is beeing lowered - ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Holy paladins will still suck badly in PVP. WHy ? Casue they still have not gotten any spell that can heal while they are CCed. Reducing the time you are cced will not prevent the oposition to throw their shorter cast CC to interupt paladin heals.
    Well that's not true.

We actually do have a spell which "heals" while we are CCed.

-NEW SKILL: Sacred Shield: Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds. Instant cast, 35 Mana, 40 yd range , 30 sec duration (?)

It's basically even better than a heal/HoT because warriors will get less rage while hitting a target afflicted by Sacred Shield. And it's a shield. So it's effect won't be lowered by MS/Wound Poison/Aimed shot.
    If it scales with +heal it will be a pretty sweet spell for 2vs2/3vs3.
    English isn't my first language. I'm still trying my best.

Quote Originally Posted by October#EU
    Well that's not true.

We actually do have a spell which "heals" while we are CCed.

-NEW SKILL: Sacred Shield: Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds. Instant cast, 35 Mana, 40 yd range , 30 sec duration (?)

It's basically even better than a heal/HoT because warriors will get less rage while hitting a target afflicted by Sacred Shield. And it's a shield. So it's effect won't be lowered by MS/Wound Poison/Aimed shot.
    If it scales with +heal it will be a pretty sweet spell for 2vs2/3vs3.
    You mean the mini Power Word: Shield ? 500 dmg is one shot you know ? Not even a crit...

It will most likely have (like PW:S) the caster's armor. So it will most likely have about +65% physical
    dmg reduction. If it scales with +heal , too it will be a nice earth shield replacement for paladins.
    We won't be too heavily CCed anyway.
    30% less stun/blind/fear duration is pretty much the best thing we could get.
    50% less curse/disease duration (5 sec Curse of Tongues) will increase our chance to get a heal off , too.

English isn't my first language. I'm still trying my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Hot would do. Holy paladin is still purely based on chance with most of his abilites. Crit here and crit there is needed to win. At the same time other classes are not effected by this.

ANd btw- the trend with the plate wearing healing gear in WOTLK is that crit % is beeing lowered - ALOT.
    paladin is very crit dependend and thus, luck dependend. Not my favorite style actually although I do have a lvl 70 paladin. Atm he's in the fridge atleast till the WotLK talents become life.

And some point, i'm happy they will lower crit, at the same time its seem weird since some of the new talents are also dependend on crits. Curious how everything will work out for the paladin

What you guys thick of this Shockain build

I think this spec can be a very good option for pvp

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

I put some points in sheath of light for more spellpower and over time heals, and judgements of the wise for mana issues.

with this build u have a base +21% crit with holy shock and holy light, with +3% from Heart of crusader is 24% crit chance for holy shock, put some +spell crit gear and go kick some ass.

Sheathe of Light is a bit of a let down seeing it in action. No form of stacking, no benefit from any overheal currently.

What they should have done is put Judgements of the Pure in Ret for a 50% chance for 30% spell and melee haste. Drop it to 3 points.

Then put Sheathe of Light in Holy and raise it to 5 points. Still Procs a the 60% HoT (that works with overheal) and restores Mana/Runic/Energy/Rage, we had style of ability first with our T3, fuck Druids.

Also, Sacred Cleansing should really be at least 60% chance to proc. =/

After that, fix Beacon by raising it to 20 yards and making it initially drop a Flash of Light potent initial heal in it's radius, which each person it criticals on restoring the amount of the spell equal to 5% of our Illumination. Also put it under Healing Light. Then it'd be worth the full 51, using in all scearios and justify it's ghastly mana cost when compared to Flourish.

Currently, you have to hit 11 people within 10 yards, for full duration to equate to an untalented Flourish cast outside of Tree form. Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Then put Sheathe of Light in Holy and raise it to 5 points. Still Procs a the 60% HoT (that works with overheal) and restores Mana/Runic/Energy/Rage, we had style of ability first with our T3, fuck Druids.
    What? Druid 6 piece T3 was the restore mana/rage/energy. Pally 6p T3 was +armor/+AP/+dmg/+mp5 class based...

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Then put Sheathe of Light in Holy and raise it to 5 points.

I'm sure Ret Pallies everywhere disagree with this whole heartedly.