Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy PvP Relevant WOTLK Changes

Paladin WOTLK Additions/Changes: Summary (Holy PvP)

Referring to my favorite Holy PvP Spec:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Talents:

Holy:

-Spiritual Focus: Gives your Flash of Light and Holy Light spells a 14/28/42/56/70% chance to not lose casting time when you take damage. (Moved from Holy Tier 2 to Holy Tier 1)

-Divine Intellect: Increases your total intellect by 3/6/9/12/15%. (Previously increasing total intellect by 2/4/6/8/10%. Moved from Holy Tier 1 to Holy Tier 2)

-Unyielding Faith: Reduces the duration of all Fear and Disorient effects by 15/30%. (Previously increasing fear/disorient resist chance by 5/10%. Moved from Holy Tier 3 to Holy Tier 2)

-Healing Light: Increases the amount healed by your Holy Light, Flash of Light and the effectiveness of Holy Shock spells by 4/8/12%. (Moved from Holy Tier 3 to Holy Tier 2)

-"NEW" TALENT: Improved Concentration Aura: Increases the effect of your Concentration Aura by an additional 5/10/15% and reduces the duration of any Silence or Interrupt effect used against an affected group member by 10/20/30%. The duration reduction does not stack with any other effects. (Moved from Protection Tier 4 to Holy Tier 4)

-NEW TALENT: Tier 5: Blessed Hands: Reduces the mana cost and increases the resistance to dispel effects on all hands by 15/30%

-Pure of Heart: Reduces the duration of Curse and Disease effects by 25/50%. (Previously increasing the chance of resisting curses/diseases by 5/10/15%)

-Sanctified Light: Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy Light and Holy Shock spells by 2/4/6%.
    (Previously only increasing the critical effect chance of holy light by 2/4/6%)

-Holy Shock: Blasts the target with Holy energy, causing 1296 to 1402 Holy damage to an enemy, or 1431 to 1549 healing to an ally. Instant, 40 yd range. (Healing component range increased to 40 yards up from 20 Yards. Cooldown reduced to 6 Seconds down from 15 seconds)

-NEW TALENT: Tier 8: Infusion of Light: Your holy shock crits reduce the casting time of your next holy light spell by 1.25/2.50 seconds.

-NEW TALENT: Tier 9: Sacred Cleansing: Your Cleanse spell has a 30% chance to increase the target's resistance to Disease , Magic and Poison by 10/20/30% for 10 seconds.

-NEW TALENT: Tier 9: Enlightened Judgements: Increases the range of your Judgement spells by 10/20 Yards

-NEW TALENT: Tier 10: Judgements of the Pure: Your Judgement Spells increase your casting and melee haste by 2/4/6/8/10%

-NEW TALENT: Tier 11: Beacon of Light: The target becomes a Beacon of Light, healing all party or raid members within 10 yards for 2000 over 15 sec. 1.5 sec cast, 2330 Mana, 40 yd range.

Protection:

-Stoicism: Reduces the duration of all Stun effects by an additional 10/20/30% and reduces the chance your spells will be dispelled by an additional 10/20/30% (Previously increasing stun resist chance by 5/10% instead of reducing the duration of them. Moved from Protection Tier 4 to Protection Tier 2)

Skills:

Holy:

-Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed. Their effects have been folded into all relevant abilities.

-NEW SKILL: Sacred Shield: Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds. Instant cast, 35 Mana, 40 yd range , 30 sec duration (?)

-Holy Wrath: Sends bolts of holy power in all directions, causing 1044 to 1226 Holy damage and stunning all Undead and Demon targets within 10 yds for 3 sec. 1185 Mana, Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown. (Previously Not stunning Undead and Demon targets within 10 yds for 3 secs. Rank 1 of this might be useful to get off a turn evil on warlock pets.)

Protection:

-Blessing of Freedom , Blessing of Sacrifice , Blessing of Salvation and Greater Blessing of Salvation removed.

-NEW SKILL: Hand of Freedom: Places a Hand on the friendly target, granting immunity to movement impairing effects for 10 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time. Instant cast, 30 yd range, 25 sec cooldown , 6% of base mana

-NEW SKILL: Hand of Sacrifice: Places a Hand on the party member, transfering 30% damage taken to the caster. Lasts 12 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time. Instant cast, 30 yd range, 2 min cooldown , 6% of base mana

-NEW SKILL: Hand of Salvation: Places a Hand on the party or raid member, reducing their total threat by 2% every 1 sec sec. for 10 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time. Instant cast, 30 yd range, 2 min cooldown , 6% of base mana

-All Hand spells cost 6% of base mana which is 180 Mana at Level 70 (Human). 3/3 Blessed Hands reduces the mana cost to 126 Mana per Hand Spell at level 70 (Human).

-Seal of Justice: Fills the Paladin with the spirit of justice for 30 sec, giving each melee attack a chance to stun for 2 sec. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time. Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy for 20 sec, preventing them from fleeing and limiting their movement speed. Your melee strikes will refresh the spell's duration. Only one Judgement per Paladin can be active at any one time. (Previously making the afflicted target immune to fear effects)

Retribution:

-NEW SKILL: Seal of the Martyr: All melee attacks deal additional Holy damage equal to 35% of normal weapon damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted. Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy, instantly causing Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused. Instant cast, 14% of base mana. (Might be useful to break incoming polymorphs with the increased judgement range. Don't know how big the lag between the damage output and the damage input is though.)

-Avenging Wrath: Increases all damage and healing caused by 20% for 20 sec. 3 min cooldown (No longer Causes Forbearance. While active damage decreased to 20% down from 30%. While active healing increased by 20%)

-Hammer of Wrath: Hurls a hammer that strikes an enemy for 1140 to 1260 Holy damage. Only usable on enemies that have 35% or less health. 615 Mana, 0.5 sec cast, 30 yd range, 6 sec cooldown (Is now usable on targets that have less than 35% health "down" from 20%. Avenging Wrath + HoW + Judgement nuking inc)
    English isn't my first language. I'm still trying my best.

Re: Holy PvP Relevant WOTLK Changes

-NEW SKILL: Sacred Shield: Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds. Instant cast, 35 Mana, 40 yd range , 30 sec duration (?)

is the mana cost of that spell correct? 35 mana sounds realy low
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by friggo
    is the mana cost of that spell correct? 35 mana sounds realy low
    Actually I don't know it myself =/ At least this is what all the sites (e.g. MMO-Champion , wowpaladin.org) say.
    English isn't my first language. I'm still trying my best.

I doubt the mana cost to be correct. Power Word: Shield (Rank 12) costs 600 mana (and personally I consider Sacred Shield to be slightly better) thus I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around that value aswell.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Note, Seal of the Martyr is simply Seal of Blood for Alliance.

Horde will get Seal of Corruption, which is their version of Seal of Vengeance

Khody

It really seems like it's going to be important to add Holy Shock into our healing rotations regularly.

I like it.

I always hoped they would make it more viable and they sure didn't leave me dissapointed in that aspect.

There are few talents I like most in WOTLK:

1) Holy Shock Crits -> Instant HL
    2) Divine Guardian... awesome for some tough boss fights and arenas.
    3) Enlightened Judgements + Judgements of the Pure: finally holly pally will be able to throw some judgmenets at the boss and in addition get 10% speed cast increase!! Awesome

I was thinking this:

Dropping the end tier because the range is only 10 yards and being able to pick up "30 sec of HoJ" is nice and Divine Guarding looks awesome.

Did they raise the judgement duration back through any means? I judged in raids all the time in vanilla WoW, because we had lasting judgements and they were up for 45 seconds I believe it was. The range is a nice addition, but stopping healing so often isn't ideal

but stopping healing so often isn't ideal
    This is where Ret Pallies are useful. Lets say you have 2 Holy Pallies and 1 Ret Pally. The Ret Pally's Crusader Strike can keep all 3 Judgements up, and the Holy Pallies will only have to apply once (Unless teh fight involves a period where melee can not reach the boss, etc).

Anyways, it seems the average Pally spec will be less defensive than we are now. Heres my two specs I am considering for PvP:

More in Prot:

More in Holy:

More in Holy 2:

This spec is just a bit different than the above one, just a bit more self-defensive with Blessed Life. Not sure if I want it, but I don't want to be too squishy, either.

PvE I am not too sure. I don't want to respec every time I wish to PvP, though the Divine Guardian seems like a crazy useful talent for bosses in a bad situation.

Holy paladins will still suck badly in PVP. WHy ? Casue they still have not gotten any spell that can heal while they are CCed. Reducing the time you are cced will not prevent the oposition to throw their shorter cast CC to interupt paladin heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Holy paladins will still suck badly in PVP. WHy ? Casue they still have not gotten any spell that can heal while they are CCed. Reducing the time you are cced will not prevent the oposition to throw their shorter cast CC to interupt paladin heals.
    I have to agree with you there, Holy Paladins are still far too vunarable when it comes down to Holy lockout.

Personally I hope somewhere down the course of the Beta Blizzard will agree with us and alters a talent, for example adding 30% less silence duration to Stoicism would make a huge difference.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Paladins not being Druids does not make them "suck". They gave us a lot to work with, and in terms of pre-emptive reduction we've gained Sacred Shield and Hand of Purity. Not to mention a buffed up holy shock that crits and procs instant holy lights.

I will bitch though; Where is our mana regen? Illumination is still the same; suffering from a bullshit nerf due to early TBC scaling, that turned around and doubled back twice as hard when spirit was buffed into the heavens

I've yet to see or hear anything about any new methods of returning mana. Us having no chance of return from a zero'd out mana pool was always the biggest complaint of mine, and it's not been touched.

Khody

Revert illuminatin nerf and we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I have to agree with you there, Holy Paladins are still far too vunarable when it comes down to Holy lockout.

Personally I hope somewhere down the course of the Beta Blizzard will agree with us and alters a talent, for example adding 30% less silence duration to Stoicism would make a huge difference.
    But we already have that in imp conc aura

Sacred Cleansing is a MUST!

It's going to be so good, I am psyched about it ! >_<
    Judgements increasing haste also looks fun as hell, stack that with some gear haste and you'll be hitting 1.5 second Holy Lights (with Light's Grace up)!

Beacon of Light could be worth theorycrafting over - 2000 (+healing) AOE hot! How is that for lock out? As soon as you are not locked out Divine Favor, holy shock, holy light.

I think Paladins will rock face in PvP!

Aren't shockadins dead yet? Please? Haven't the recent changes made them pointless? Just go spec a real healing or ret spec.

I leveled as shockadin and very much prefer it to prot or ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Lol they should give paladins a heal that they can ONLY cast while CC'ed would be pretty instresting. xD