Thread: Item stats

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Item stats

From my understanding blizzard has posted that they want hybrid specs to be viable not by gear but by spec. With the introduction of spell power and other changes to the stats do you feel that this change with spell dmg gear and + healing being fused into the one stat will only be viable for say Sp/Holy priest and Resto Shaman/Elemental. I dont see Holy paladins using spell power as a dps source with retri unless there is major overhauls in the class mechanics to make crusader strike with spell damage again instead of ap and other such overhauls. Only problems i see is your again going to see the occasional resist on crusader strike.
    Anyone got a similar view on this or have i missed out on something major within the retri tree in the leakage of beta info?

-I'm not a retri paladin qq'ing about there spec btw! just a poor holy paladin looking for more viable ways in switching spec instead of spec and gear for grinding

Re: Item stats

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox
    From my understanding blizzard has posted that they want hybrid specs to be viable not by gear but by spec.
    I have seen no such post made by an Blizzard rep. to date, but would be interested in reading up on it, might you have a link?

With the introduction of spell power and other changes to the stats do you feel that this change with spell dmg gear and + healing being fused into the one stat will only be viable for say Sp/Holy priest and Resto Shaman/Elemental. I dont see Holy paladins using spell power as a dps source with retri unless there is major overhauls in the class mechanics to make crusader strike with spell damage again instead of ap and other such overhauls. Only problems i see is your again going to see the occasional resist on crusader strike.
    Anyone got a similar view on this or have i missed out on something major within the retri tree in the leakage of beta info?
    The change between being a Healing and Ret. Paladin is huge, and the change would not only require a spellpower change but also a complete change on your basic statistics (STR, INT, STA, AGI).

-I'm not a retri paladin qq'ing about there spec btw! just a poor holy paladin looking for more viable ways in switching spec instead of spec and gear for grinding
    Blizzard did announce the ability to hold two different talent specs in WOTLK, with the ability to switch between them free of cost. Switching from Healer to Shockadin should be well possible, but as I said before the change between a Caster Hybrid and a Melee Hybrid is far too great.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

where did you see that about the 2 different specs

They announced it at a developer panel at the World Wide Invitational:

7:34pm CEST: Q: Any plans to be able to switch between Talent specs easier? A: We are working on a plan to give players access to two Talent specs. More details in the future.

Source: http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/28...nda-dev-panel/

Edit: Found and added source.

Dunno if this has something to do with the topic but I think this "spellpower" thing sucks, "Do not fix what is not broken."

Leave spell damage and healing as they are ffs. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by jareth123
    Dunno if this has something to do with the topic but I think this "spellpower" thing sucks, "Do not fix what is not broken."

Leave spell damage and healing as they are ffs. -_-
    Please do not turn this into a QQ thread, thanks -- there is already plenty of whine about the spellpower change.

Bliz said they are looking into having 2 switchable talent trees right now, however it cannot be implemented just yet.

They have streamlined a lot of the gears though. From what it seems to me, I suspect Holy Pally might actually be using mail more than plate. Or else the items would come in multiple flavor, each ones favoring some stats a la green items, rather than items with fixed stats calculated for a certain shot/spell rotation for specific classes like it is now.
    All plate classes scales with AP (STR), almost exclusively, including Ret/Prot pally which converts their main stats to SP via talent.
    All mail classes need Int. If anything, I suspect these will be extremely loaded with INT, STR and AGI to combat Hunter's need for mana (and supplement their AP), and bumping AC back up for Holy Pally, all the while giving SP via Holy Guidance talent. Also, AGI is good for Hunter's RAP, and Pally and Shammy are both very crit reliant.
    All leathers will be loaded with AGI and INT for Druid's hybrid. Not too sure how that would work out with rogues though. Maybe they will favor AGI more, and more INT oriented druids would have to drop down for some INT in cloth.
    All cloth will be loaded with the normal caster stats--INT,SPI,SP, as all cloth wearers benefits from these now.

Looking at this scheme, any class can obtain all stats to tailor to their playstyle easily. A caster could choose to drop down and armor class to regain caster stats, bringing them in line with the fact that they are dedicated casters, with slightly less armor.

I personally hope that being a holydin with good healing gear means at the same time having good shockadin gear. This would allow for me to stay holy all the time.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

can anyone confirm if or not that the crit gained from agility also adds to your spell crit since they are both merged now?

Finally a viable reason for blizz to get off their asses and make actual enhancement gear besides tier and pvp sets. If agility and intellect only give melee and spell crit respectively, then we cant just take the same gear as hunters if we want our newly gained spell damage besides shocks. I look forward to this personally. That is of course if blizz gives a crap that the hunter gear wont work anymore. Maybe while theyre at it they can put strength on our gear instead of AP so we can get the fullest effect of Blessing of Kings.

- And always remember to Pew Pew Moar.