Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hunger for Blood, assassination 51 point talent.

Discuss it.

From what I see this talent will literally make rogues virtually impossible to kill for mages, warlocks, shadowpriests and any kind of healer. One on one situation of course, but seriously, what the fuck? Maybe I'm misunderstanding some of the wording, but it clearly says that "if a bleed or magical effect is removed, the energy cost will be returned." In addition, it has no cooldown, which means it'll simply trigger GCD.

Let me see if I've gotten this straight.. Rogues basically have a 0-energy cost spammable skill that, each time they use it, they will get a 5% damage increase, stacking upto 3 times, to a total of 15% damage increase (being quite alot when we can expect double mutilate crits upto probably like 4-5k damage in WoTLK), and if they use it when they have a magical debuff on them or a bleed (quite often both in arena and soloplay), this skill won't cost any energy to cast at all, in addition to removing the respective bleed/magic effect.

Situation: Mage kiting a rogue. The mage has a 20 yard head-start of the rogue, and with Crippling still slowing more than a deep frost mages chill effects will, the rogue will slowly catch up. And with this talent introduced, all he has to do is run towards the mage while spamclicking this skill, and eventually he will get out of the slows/snares/WC-debuffs, while the mage won't have the time to keep turning around to cast a R1 frostbolt to keep him slowed.

Someone tell me, did I miss something in that talent description, or is it really as strong as it appears to be?

Re: Hunger for Blood, assassination 51 point talent.

haha rogues are op nerf !

ye, its pretty much OP atm. expect many changes thru beta ;p

To be fair, the rogue wont have shadowstep. you can just run around using instants and blink/IB when he's close. You just have to survive 1 sprint and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealK
    To be fair, the rogue wont have shadowstep. you can just run around using instants and blink/IB when he's close. You just have to survive 1 sprint and that's it.
    hees got a good point. any rogue speccing this far down in combat cant get to shadow step. or preperation at that.
    so 1 sprint is al the rogues opponent has got to survive.
    other then that it is indeed quite powerfull, thoug with the beta only just starting.
    i think it will get tweaked here and there.

Really?

Crippling is.. 70%.
    Chill effects, fully specced for it, will be 60%. The amount of spells the mages have that inflicts chill effects would be.. Cone of Cold, FB/FFB, Frost Armor.

Literally, as long as rogues get one or two hit on you, they will always be up your arse. They will always be faster, if properly enchanted. And they have numerous ways of getting close, I daresay, even more ways of catching up than I have getting away.

If this talents stay like it is, which I doubt and hope not, it'll be like dispell for priests. When you're up against a mage as a priest, you'll always be holding a finger on the /targetself /cast Dispell button. This is probably what rogues are gonna do as well. A mages chills will doubtfully stay on a wise rogue for long.

But tbh, this wasn't meant to be a topic regarding how well a mage would perform against this talent. Rather discussions generally. And for gods sake, nerf it during beta. Otherwise I'm rolling a rogue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Calath
    all he has to do is run towards the mage while spamclicking this skill, and eventually he will get out of the slows/snares/WC-debuffs
    No! D: that would be way to OP.

The rogue has to use it when a slowed effect is on him/her at the moment, else it takes energy :O

so the rogue basicly has to press W and wait untill he becomes blue or listen to the sounds or watch his debuff bar and THEN press it, so as u can see its not as easy as u think.

on a more serious note tho, mages get the 5sec stun which is pretty imbah :P kinda non creative, but imbah

and warlocks D: oh fuck >_< i play 2v2 with a warlock, a level 60 crap geared could beat a 80 s5 or w/e as long as the pet or death coil doesnt kill him.. geez.. isint skill cloak enuff?

What I meant was, when a rogue is chasing after a mage, he's bound to have some debuffs on him, otherwise he'd be up the mages arse spamming his Mutilates. No rogue is more than 20 yards away from a mage unless they have some slows on them, at which point they can "spamclick this skill and eventually get out of the snares/WC-debuffs".

The 5 second stun is a 1.5 second casted skill that's only useable in Frost Nova. It's a great skill, but it's far from "imba".

What I meant was, when a rogue is chasing after a mage, he's bound to have some debuffs on him, otherwise he'd be up the mages arse spamming his Mutilates. No rogue is more than 20 yards away from a mage unless they have some slows on them, at which point they can "spamclick this skill and eventually get out of the snares/WC-debuffs".

The 5 second stun is a 1.5 second casted skill that's only useable in Frost Nova. It's a great skill, but it's far from "imba".
    yes, i do agree with you :3 i was just trying out sarcasm.. i even used the "on a more serious note" after D: .. but yess i do believe blizzard will realise this before wotlk hits the stores

It's overpowering right now and will be nerfed. If not, the other class skills will somehow counter it, like shatter shield or whatever else comes about.

Yeah, this is one of those things that will definitely get hit with a nerf bat. Personally, I think it should be removed entirely. Rogues already have Cloak of Shadows to remove debuffs, this talent seems excessive.

On another note, I think its odd Blizzard keeps giving classes abilities to counter their weaknesses.

Does the magic remove effect on this proc unstable affliction? I dunno what/if any abilities a rogue has that can get silenced, but still would be fun

But ye agree doesnt seem like a very well thought out talent. Seems overpowered for pvp and from what i heard generally not worth it for pve.

Description says it can stack three times. This could mean that after using it the third time, we have to wait ten seconds for it to run out before using it again. But that's just guessing...

Quote Originally Posted by Reticeo
    Description says it can stack three times. This could mean that after using it the third time, we have to wait ten seconds for it to run out before using it again. But that's just guessing...
    Right click.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Right click.
    make it a debuff?

I hope it turns out like Cloak of Shadows and is just given to us instead.

(Yes, I'm kidding....even though my main is a full s3/s4 rogue, I still think it'll be nerfed but probably not removed.)

Let me see if I've gotten this straight.. Rogues basically have a 0-energy cost spammable skill that, each time they use it, they will get a 5% damage increase, stacking upto 3 times, to a total of 15% damage increase (being quite alot when we can expect double mutilate crits upto probably like 4-5k damage in WoTLK),
    way higher than 4-5k bud; right now on my rogue, my duel-crit mutilate is 5.3k lol
    Necrolite, 80 Rogue, Uldum, Undead
    Necrolost, 80 Rogue, Uldum, Troll
    Chogra, 80 Warlock, Uldum, Orc
    Narcosis, 80 Warrior, Uldum, Orc

loadedguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by bubky
    Does the magic remove effect on this proc unstable affliction? I dunno what/if any abilities a rogue has that can get silenced, but still would be fun

But ye agree doesnt seem like a very well thought out talent. Seems overpowered for pvp and from what i heard generally not worth it for pve.

cloak of shadows doesnt, im pretty sure this wont either. I wouldnt mind if blizz took away Cloak of shadows ( yes its OP) and keep this talent as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolite
    way higher than 4-5k bud; right now on my rogue, my duel-crit mutilate is 5.3k lol
    Not against a target with 450 resilience as most decent PvPers have. No way.

And resilience cap will most likely get heightened in WoTLK. :>

Quote Originally Posted by xano880
    cloak of shadows doesnt, im pretty sure this wont either. I wouldnt mind if blizz took away Cloak of shadows ( yes its OP) and keep this talent as it is.
    My main is a rogue, my alt is a priest. I pvp on my rogue and suck immensely, I pvp on my priest and suck (but not quite as immensely), yet I find Rogues piss easy to kill on my Priest (with Holy PVE spec and mostly PVE gear). Even with Cloak of Shadows. It's not OP. ^^