THA3L47

[PvP] Shadow Dance Spec

It seems no one likes Shadow Dance at all, and I am a bit confused. My current thought process might be affected by my drowsiness at the current moment, but these seem to be the main reasons people do not like Shadow Dance.

1. Too much energy is required to fully utilize Shadow Dance's ability
    2. Bleed and Dot effects will negate the Shadow Dance's usefulness.
    3. Resilience will eat up the ambushes.

To me, I doubt people think differently, Shadow Dance is supposed to be an opening ability. This is what my sequence would be:

-Shadowstep
    -Cheap Shot
    -Ambush
    -Shadow Dance
    -Ambush
    -Ambush
    -Ambush

That is just a typical, theoretical Shadow Dance sequence. You can add a lot more such as Premed, Prep, and some finishers. I think what we are all forgetting is that in most PvP/Arena situations we have other people with us. Yes, you probably couldn't get a lot of due to energy consumption, but if other people can stun or keep the target occupied for energy to regen. We are rogues; it is our nature to hide in the shadows and just rape someone while someone else has the focus and I for one think Shadow Dance allows that.

Also, what I think we fail to realize, is that this is beta. I'm pretty sure Blizzard will do something about energy issues; maybe we will get more energy from PvP sets, maybe something else will happen that I am not clever enough to think of.

All in all, we shouldn't totally think that Shadow Dance is going to utterly phail.

And this is the spec I had in mind:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...20050135201051

Re: [PvP] Shadow Dance Spec

Why no master of subtlety? +10% dmg after every stealth seems like a nice addition to shadowdance

Why would you open with Shadowstep?

It's better to save it for when whoever you're attacking tries to get away.

Your the best rogue ive ever seen... doing an ambush after a cheapshot :x

I think this is a little better than yours

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...20050135201251

Opportunity is a must have 8)

15+ Year Old Account

You guys are forgetting that ambushes with appropriate talents will cost 45 energy - that is a huge boost, and how Ming has commented on his blog - the ambush's damage per energy point is thus increased by approx. 33%
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora
    Your the best rogue ive ever seen... doing an ambush after a cheapshot :x
    Noob get out of this thread. Shadow Dance makes you go stealth every third second for 9 secs or so, so yes, it is able to do this.

But still, even tho Ambush/Back costs 45 NRGY, we still need hell-uv-a boost in Ambush DPS, since its a joke in BC.

They should rather totally remove Ambush if it can be used in combination with Shadow Dance than buff it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AnArmedKurd
    They should rather totally remove Ambush if it can be used in combination with Shadow Dance than buff it.
    Didnt actually understand what you were trying to say... But why remove AMbush? Its not that good in BC as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatales
    Noob get out of this thread. Shadow Dance makes you go stealth every third second for 9 secs or so, so yes, it is able to do this.
    1. Nope im not going out of this thread since im not a noob and you need to read!
    2. Look this is the startpost list:

-Shadowstep
    -Cheap Shot
    -Ambush
    -Shadow Dance
    -Ambush
    -Ambush
    -Ambush

And again: no it aint possible to do Cheap shot and then an ambush... since the Shadow dance comes after the ambush... it should have been:

-Shadowstep
    -Cheap Shot
    -Shadow Dance
    -Ambush
    -Ambush
    -Ambush
    -Ambush

You got it?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora
    1. Nope im not going out of this thread since im not a noob and you need to read!
    2. Look this is the startpost list:

-Shadowstep
    -Cheap Shot
    -Ambush
    -Shadow Dance
    -Ambush
    -Ambush
    -Ambush

And again: no it aint possible to do Cheap shot and then an ambush... since the Shadow dance comes after the ambush... it should have been:

-Shadowstep
    -Cheap Shot
    -Shadow Dance
    -Ambush
    -Ambush
    -Ambush
    -Ambush

You got it?

Haha sorry my mistake I misread it Sorry bout that. You are right. He is the noob ^^