Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So where's Baron Rivendare now?

After seeing this picture below, I wonder... Is the Baron still the last boss of Stratholme in WotLK?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...bonhold_19.jpg

I still want his horse and probably won't see it drop before the new expansion comes. After that, I'd like to solo Strat on my priest for it (right now I'm clearing it with a fellow mage).

Re: So where's Baron Rivendare now?

We discussed it on IRC, and yes all the bosses in Ebon Hold are still in their respective instances.

Proof:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...bonhold_07.jpg
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...rdekeep_07.jpg

Khody

I can't wait to be 80 on my paladin and completly thrash through Strath quicker then I already do. WTB his mount.

Anyone thought about why he's not riding the normal DK mount like the one Darian Mograine is on?

Kinda weird some Death knights are riding them and some aren't.

Just Blizzard failing

Khody

I thought they would have changed them all to one kind. I kind of like the new death knight mount but the death charger fits toooo well.

I'm torn.

Deleted

Agreed with Khody but they must make new colours im growing abit tired of green, purple and red give them dark yellow or black with it what fits with undead/dk

Khody

They've never had a problem with recoloring items before! :P

Gief option for recolored Death Charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    I can't wait to be 80 on my paladin and completly thrash through Strath quicker then I already do. WTB his mount.

Anyone thought about why he's not riding the normal DK mount like the one Darian Mograine is on?

Mostly animation models, as in the new Mograine is a human on a mount while Rivendare is one model, same for the four horsemen who are 'one model'.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

I remember reading somewhere a long, long time ago that events in wow are done over time as you level technically. So that means that at lvl 20, or 55 in this case, what happens at lvl 70 or 80 hasn't happened yet to your character. As such, later lvl bosses could be shown elsewhere and just be in their dungeon when you get to a higher level.

In actuality those bosses would just be in two places at the same time, but if you are an RP'er or lore junkie, then that is how you would represent the flow of time and evolve and connect the story lines of the low and high lvls.

At least, that's my take on it.

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    Mostly animation models, as in the new Mograine is a human on a mount while Rivendare is one model, same for the four horsemen who are 'one model'.
    It couldn't be that difficult to replace the current model with the old. All it takes is time.

hope u get it drop before WoLK cause i have a feeling their gonna remove it from loot table

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Dyens

hope u get it drop before WoLK cause i have a feeling their gonna remove it from loot table
    If they didn't for TBC, then I'm not thinking they will for WotLK.

Maybe the death knight can choose between the baron mount and the mograine mount?

The Ebon Hold where you are seeing them is in the past. Hence why they're not in their respective instances.

Khody

I'm not a big lore person, but that would seem a little strange lore wise.

I'm not a big lore person, but that would seem a little strange lore wise.
    No, it makes sense. As much sense as having several timelines is.
    It's not worse than Caverns of Time really.

Luminair's explanation are correct.

Khody

Blizzard sure got lucky with the Success of Caverns of Time. They were a real hit or miss subject.

Blizzard sure got lucky with the Success of Caverns of Time. They were a real hit or miss subject.
    Even the Tanaris teleport should been implemented a half year earlier, at least.

And I can't wait for CoT: Stratholme !

If they didn't for TBC, then I'm not thinking they will for WotLK.
    idk i just have a feeling it will be removed just like the bear mount

A.K.A its to easy for anyone to farm at lvl 80 as strat would be 20x easier

but hey who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Even the Tanaris teleport should been implemented a half year earlier, at least.

And I can't wait for CoT: Stratholme !
    Cool echoey infinite dragonflight voice: "Why do you help the future lich king <Player>? If you do not interfere with our plans, you will have saved $39.99 by preventing Arthas from ever becoming The Lich King, and thus making this Expansion Null and Void."