my first topic, about the starter quests

Several people I heard said that the Area surrounding the DK starting place changes over time. So how will this work? Will everyone have their own instanced version, or will the players who come later see nothing of the old state it was in since it's a group effort?
    Because I really want to see it change, but with my priest stuck at 28 I'm not sure I can get it to70 pre expansion and get a DK

tl;dr:

Starting area instanced per player or not?

Re: my first topic, about the starter quests

Get it to 55 and you're good.

as long as you have a lvl 55+ toon on ur server your playing on you'll beable to make a DK to play!

Khody

How long has it taken you to get to 28?

You might want to look up a guide or something if it's been more then a week.

i dont think the area is single player-instanced. the wowwiki article http://www.wowwiki.com/Acherus:_The_Ebon_Hold says that it is a sanctuary like shattrath and the stair of destiny meaning no pvp, which then means all death knights will be in there together. more reading on death knights will tell you that as part of the new quests you lay siege to new avalon and tyr's hand. once you get outside of the instanced area you can look back at tyr's hand and see it in ruins. i believe that's what people are saying when they say it changes over time. and most like likely those 2 versions of tyr's hand will remain that way. even as players complete the quests to destroy it, it will remain intact in the instanced version for newer death knights, and outside will be the chronological view

hope that makes sense. any other thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

actually, i think that when you start in there, you'll have a solo instance
    meaning its just you in the starting area
    because
    A) that prevents questing from being impossible on day one, due to a rush of DK's
    B) that allows the area to change, and have it only effect your character
    C) The "Final Quest" event seems like a huge flood of NPC's and an incredible battle. Blizz most likely wants that to be a unique experience, not something every new DK sees every 10 min or so as others start the quest.

i certainly hope its solo instance...

if it's a solo instance then why is it a sanctuary? that implies other players will be in the same area as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

It's not a solo instance, but it changes as you complete parts of the quest line. For instance, as you and the other DKs proceed to slaughter the people of New Avalon, the city will start to burn, and the Scourge will set up posts further into the city. Ebon Hold becoming a sanctuary happens at the end, but I wouldn't want to ruin it for you.

According to here: http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Ebon_hold the zone is instanced.

I quote:

Acherus, The Ebon Hold is the instanced Death Knight starting zone, and later functions as a training area (much like Moonglade for Druids). It is the first zone in WoW to change for an individual as he/she progresses through its quest content. The Ebon Hold itself is a necropolis floating above the Eastern Plaguelands, although the starting zone extends down into the Scarlet Crusade towns of New Avalon and Havenshire. Quests here award the young Death Knight with gear (including a 5-minute PvP trinket and their first Relic) and talent points. Upon completing the quests offered in the zone, the Death Knight receives a spell called "Death Gate", which opens a portal back to Acherus.

Also, look at these maps, nr.1 is the instance, nr.2 is the normal corrupted version:

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?