Holy paladin discussion

Hmm m i the only one that feel that holy pallies do need some buff... current buff in wotlk does seem to favour pally over other heal class... and if beacon of light do no perform well i think holy pally might be omitted from raid...

btw anyone testing in wotlk, can tell if the beacon of light is doing any gd??

Re: Holy paladin discussion

I don't think the holy tree needs any additional buff. Beacon of Light is like a HoT CoH. What more could you ask for? In a fight where the raid hugs you have the potential to outheal chain heal imo. Plus Judgements of the Pure greatly improves the real strength of paladins: Being the most powerful single target healer and paladins were never designed to be AoE healers. Many paladins in SW bet on spell haste to increase their HPS in a way add heal ist not capable of and JotP is a huge boost here. Infusion of Light is really nice for emercengy heals => Shock + instant HL. Not to mention 20% +heal from Avenging Wrath, the new ability to shield people and Divine Guardian => 3 paladins who simultaneously bubble can absorb 90% of the raid damage for 10 sec(!) or you could arrange a rotation for certain boss abilities. Imagine this at Eredar Twins for example: If someone nuked the raid with Conflagration you could probably avoid a wipe with enough paladins.

I just don't know about this Beacon. 10 yards isnt that much, and theres plenty of times and plenty of fights where people are spread out. If we use Beacon for the 'chain heal' aspect, it might be needed, but as a HoT I think that the Sheath of Light in the Ret tree is pretty damn viable.

You're not thinking about this straight. It's a targeted AoE HoT. So you cast it on the main tank and he's the one healing all the other melee around him.

His threat goes through the roof. This is an exceptional spell for raid situations, but it is likely that it will only be cast on the MT or OT. It's not too bad in instances if everybody sticks close enough to the MT.

I do think the rank 5 cost is very big (2k) but the rank 2 is 980 mana atm.

It's a nice opener as it helps the tank gain threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Isah
    I do think the rank 5 cost is very big (2k)
    However this can easily be overcome now because
    -Totems are raid wide. Hello Mr Mana Tide!
    -Hunters, Ret Paladins and Spriests are Mana batteries (Correct me if am wrong?)
    -Our mana will be higher anyways aswell as Potions restoring more mana.

Somhow, I think Paladins will be able to use R5 if the raid leader is smart and gives Paladins the support they need.

My question is how long does Beacon of Light stay on the main target?

And if they move from one radius to another, will the HoT proc on the new nearby ally when the target moves.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Isah
    You're not thinking about this straight. It's a targeted AoE HoT. So you cast it on the main tank and he's the one healing all the other melee around him.

His threat goes through the roof. This is an exceptional spell for raid situations, but it is likely that it will only be cast on the MT or OT. It's not too bad in instances if everybody sticks close enough to the MT.

I do think the rank 5 cost is very big (2k) but the rank 2 is 980 mana atm.

It's a nice opener as it helps the tank gain threat.
    The healing is atrocious, it's 10 yards so it's barely going to hit anyone 10 yards wont even hit the melee behind the average raid boss, and with all of the the threat changes they're going for, I'm going to be even less worried about the nearly non-existent worrying I did about threat in BC

It needs at least a 20 yard range, and an initial upfront heal that synergizes with the tree somehow and bumps up the potency.

I think holy paladins are getting really screwed over in the pve area.

However it looks like a lot of the new pvp abilites are seriuosly good.

PVE vise - holy palas will be very much lacking compared to other classes. You wont save anyone with a possible instant HL IF something crits...

PVP... Well - palas will always be based on luck cause lets face it... its all about crits. Both dmg and healing. So... ppl can deside if they want to play a class like druids that have no luck based abilites or palas that have 50% luck based abilites + cds. Now... Guess what the Arena players are picking....

IFs and BUts are never good for a healing class. Cause the outcome is always measured in ppl beeing dead or alive. Skills.... abilites... Again - are all the skilled ppl playing druids in Arena or ?...

erm i nv feel pally healer as a weak healing class.. if not there wun be over 80% of holy pallies... lol i think whether it is a good healing class or not still be back to players...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    PVE vise - holy palas will be very much lacking compared to other classes. You wont save anyone with a possible instant HL IF something crits...

PVP... Well - palas will always be based on luck cause lets face it... its all about crits. Both dmg and healing. So... ppl can deside if they want to play a class like druids that have no luck based abilites or palas that have 50% luck based abilites + cds. Now... Guess what the Arena players are picking....

IFs and BUts are never good for a healing class. Cause the outcome is always measured in ppl beeing dead or alive. Skills.... abilites... Again - are all the skilled ppl playing druids in Arena or ?...

I disagree with you.

PvE wise:
    depends on spec:
    sheath of light = MT healer
    Becon of Light = raid healer

The only thing we need changes for is increasing Becon's healing range from 10 to 20 yards, and you will suddenly find it absurdly powerful, especially in fights which need you to clumps up together.

We got an active mana regen ability with judgement of wisdom.

Also, DF holy shock + instant HL will definitely save people. Hell, it will save the raid because tanks in high lvl raids will almost always eat a ton of spike dmg. If you are not aware of, we will be the best spike dmg healer in the game. With sheath of light in the play, you are wrong. we will definitely have a solid place in MT healing. (we also got a shield that can toss on someone else to absorb some dmg, a weak one compare to the priest's but theirs will cause a soul weakness, ours won't. which will work well together with healing priests on the MT)

Our problem in BC is lacking AoE healing, and Becon is the a great spell, but it needs a bit of tweaking. But please don't feel like the world is coming to an end. Like I said, all they have to do is increase the healing range and mana cost. It's a great concept and it has a lot of potential.

PvP wise, we got a range dmg that returns mana back to us. We have a quick instant heal and when it crits, it gives an instant big heal. I bet most PvP healers will be sheath healers. so if they crit, they put a HoT in as well. Just stop here and think about the efficiency, and how much less buttons to press than the priest.

our range judgement will not only give us mana back, but also buff our haste. even if it's only 6%, we are less likely to get locked up. If you arena, you will know. Most of the time my allies died are within the last split sec of my cast. the chance is reduced thanks to 6 sec holy shock, and also the haste buff. + infusion of light.

This might have been mentioned before but i cbf searching through all these threads just to find it. Am i the only one who noticed that Wotlk Shockdins might actually be ridiculously powerful? As it is currently, most of us have probably seen full S3 geared shockdins unlease 6-7k bursts in arena, in a matter of 2 seconds, destroying anything below 50%hp. Pls feel free to correct me if i am wrong, i very well might be. Anyway, check out this spec I came up with.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...03513105000000

1. Notice how Conviction increases BOTH spell and melee crit by 5%? Instead of just melee crit like it is currently?

2. Sanctified Light increases Holy Shock crit by 6%

3. 5% from Holy Power + 6% from Sanctified Light + 5% from Conviction + 3% from Sanctified Seals + 3% from Imp JotC = +22% crit for holy shock and 16% for all holy spells.

4. Fanaticism has been increased to +25% crit for judgements that can crit, which means JoR will have a 25% + 16% = 41% + base spell crit, chance to crit.

5. Sheath of Light coupled with Imp BoM will add more spell dmg than Holy guidance ever can. Applying these WotLK talents to lvl70 stats, I have 512 ap unbuffed in holy gear, Wotlk Imp BoM adds 330AP based on the current max rank BoM, which equates to 842 AP, which in turn translates to ~252 extra spell dmg. Compared to Holy Guidance which barely hits 180 extra spell dmg in full t6.

6. Taking a full s2 lamellar geared pally(~915sp), and add 252 to it, u get 1167 sp. Also such a pally would have about 20% base spell crit.

So lets sum it up, in this spec, you get:

- a 6 second cd Holy Shock that has a [22+basecrit]% = 42% chance to crit.
    - an 8 second cd judgement that has a [41+basecrit]% = 61%chance to crit.
    - regular SoR procs if u are in melee range.
    - typical 70% pushback resist
    - 3 second cast time Holy Light with a [22+basecrit]% = 42% chance to crit.
    - 1.5 second cast time Flash of light with a [16+basecrit]% = 36%chance to crit.
    - HoT's for every heal crit.
    - almost constant fully stacked Vengeance, so +15% dmg.
    - Seals cannot be dispelled.
    - Repentance.
    - 30% reduction of fear and disorient.

I don't know about you guys, but this sure as hell seems really, really badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackthat
    I don't know about you guys, but this sure as hell seems really, really badass.
    Yes, yes it is.

Still waiting for my single target Prayer of Mending-type spell. Then I might be interested in the paladin changes in LK.

Shealth of Light - from what I hear does not stack, kinda pointless as a MT healer as you'll be constantly overwriting a "great" HoT with potentially a "lousy" HoT from a FoL crit.

Beacon of Light - just two bosses in BC I haven't seen (Muru & Kil'Jaden) I can count on one hand where more than 8 people are grouped together. In a raid environment, paladins have zero need of a HoT and for PvP they have it now via Sheath of Light. I'd much rather see something that either improved my single target healing, which leveraged our crit gained from holy tree

Quote Originally Posted by hi675
    Still waiting for my single target Prayer of Mending-type spell. Then I might be interested in the paladin changes in LK.
    I believe Sacred Shield is what Hand of Purity wound up as.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=48788#comments

In case you don't want to click on the link, LoH no longer takes any mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=48788#comments

In case you don't want to click on the link, LoH no longer takes any mana.
    Which is just plain awesome in my opinion.

Basically it makes Holy paladins kings of Single Target healing once more.

Not only do we have an emergency *oh Sh*t* heal every 20 minutes, we can force that heal to be a crit heal, OR have another "oh Sh*t heal" every 2 minutes.