Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Re: WOTLK pet talents trees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

wowhead one is a calc for talent using pre wotlk system

Looks like the final bm tier talent is gonna be pretty nice for your pet as 5 more talent points is alot!

Looks great overall and I agree completly that the endtier bm-talent is great.
    One thing I found strange;
    Dust Cloud
    Kick up an obscuring cloud of dust, lowering the chance for enemies to hit by 30%. Effects last 8 sec.
    (50 Focus, Instant, 20 sec cooldown)

Just sounds to insane, suspect every single boss is immune to this, otherwise hunters will be forced to bring some damn tallstriders into the raid=)

Theres a pet talent calculator here (unfinished) but you have to monitor your own limits, 16 for non 51 PT talent, and 21 with.

http://war-tools.com/t56207.html

http://www.originguild.eu/movies/Murukill.avi - 700kb download speed.
    *Our first kill pre 2.4.3 nerf. (exclusive nerdscreams!)

Quote Originally Posted by Trizade
    Theres a pet talent calculator here (unfinished) but you have to monitor your own limits, 16 for non 51 PT talent, and 21 with.

http://war-tools.com/t56207.html
    problem with that one is that it requires 5 points per Tier, while the actual in-game pet trees only require 3. Just a small warning to hunters preparing for the xpack and thinking they NEED to change to BM to get any of the end-talents

Great tool nonetheless

I being survival would probably still spec Ferocity for Call of the Wild just another buff you can add

Ok, something that I didn't realise is that each pet family only has access to one talent tree.

I thought it would be that each pet has access to all 3, and you decide how best to spec it.

Both of my 2 favourite pets though are in the Ferocity group, so I may have to decide on dropping one to get a pet from each talent group. Grrrr.

I take it there's no chance of extra stable slots yet?

15+ Year Old Account

Same here, and about the extra slots, alot of ppl are asking the same question. I've heard rumors there will be 5 slots in total ( 2 more then now ). If this is true or not, I don't know tho.

Just to double check the pets aren't losing there abilities right? Like my scorpid can still poison things right?

Quote Originally Posted by Masy
    this suxx owmawgawd

What's the point in giving a single tree for a determinate type of pet?!

Bah
    Having more options then just 1 Focus Dump and their 'racial'

@chunx0r:
    Scorpids will keep their Scorpid Poison, every pet type will actually get a unique ability.

Well, nice that we still can keep the unique stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    Just to double check the pets aren't losing there abilities right? Like my scorpid can still poison things right?
    yup, ALL pet types get a unique ability. scorpids get poisons, cats get prowl, owls get snatch weapon or something etc etc etc
    It's just a game.

The last post on the front page about pet talent trees - screenshots there says that the last tier pet talents require 20 points in the relevant pet talent tree. Anyone that can confirm this?

From what I've heard pet talent trees will only require 3 points per Tier. Would suck if only BM Hunters would get one of the nice abilities.

It is 3 per tier, you would have 16 points at lvl 80, if your BM youd get 21

Hmm, also looking at some of the specific talents, has 'Mend Pet' been nerfed?

If not, then why bother with this pet talent?

Lick Your Wounds* 1/1 for channeled 3 minute CD where pet heals itself for 25% of max health over 10 seconds (requires 1/1 Heart of the Phoenix). Req. 12 points in Ferocity Tree

A 10 sec channelled spell where the pet only heals itself to 25%? Mend pet is better than that and it's not channelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    Hmm, also looking at some of the specific talents, has 'Mend Pet' been nerfed?

If not, then why bother with this pet talent?

Lick Your Wounds* 1/1 for channeled 3 minute CD where pet heals itself for 25% of max health over 10 seconds (requires 1/1 Heart of the Phoenix). Req. 12 points in Ferocity Tree

A 10 sec channelled spell where the pet only heals itself to 25%? Mend pet is better than that and it's not channelled.
    its FOR 25% of max hp, not to 25%...

maybe its just an extra healing spell, so you dont have to waste mana on mend pet out of combat/during raid
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    maybe its just an extra healing spell, so you dont have to waste mana on mend pet out of combat/during raid
    This is possible, considering that it's like Consume Shadows for voidwalker pets, but can be used in combat. However, my best guess is that this is going to be changed significantly, because it really is pretty terrible right now.