Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Flash of Light nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Haha - this is the most stupid comment ever made. Why bother put any number on a tooltip if its not based on the same basic formula of spell power ? Get a grip and realise the bull your talking about. Flash of light for priests and Paladins are exactly the same working spell for core mecanics of Spell Power. The bull you are talking about is the co-effiency between dmg and healing spells.

Incorrect, Sir Retard. Again, if you bothered to read any blue posts at all you would have read that they created Spell Power not only for gear consolidation, but for co-efficiency tweaks on a *SPELL BY SPELL* basis. If your addled brain can not understand that, it's your own fault.

At no point did I mention the difference in co-efficiency in damage and healing spells. Every spell will now have the potential to be tweaked on its own as need be. If you're delusional enough to still believe that they firmly believe that 1.5 second spells MUST have this co-efficient anymore, you're a moron.

You obviously haven't checked the spells for ALL other classes both healing and damage. Otherwise you would have seen that ALL spells get a very marginal increase in their base healing/dmg for a larger mana increase than preWotLK. This should give you an idea that NOTHING is wrong with pallies compared to other classes.

There are X number of Paladins in WOW.
    a)When you nerf one spec of paladins compared to other classes that are playing the same spec
    b)and then buff the two specs of the paladin class

c) then the outcome is pretty obvious.

SUnwell is not in alpha. This is what is happening in the game right now. Current 5 man content in sunwell is delebratly made to prevent holy paladins for doing it. Just to let the player base know that Holy palas can no longer support healing for 5 man groups.
    WotlK is a fresh start. Wotlk is NOT sunwell and it's not WoW classic or BC. BC changed almost everything compared to WoW classic. Refrain from using your bitterness over how BC treated paladins on your WotlK expectations. My point still stands, you should not attempt to pass judgment on something which is not even close to final.

Man it seems you can't see how paranoid you appear. They are not trying to punish holy paladins and they are not trying to piss you off on purpose. There is no "red headed bastard child".
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

You mind showing me the source showing anything diffrent ?

Go look and see the basic build up of stats in WOW. If you can't find it or havn't even seen it yet -then you wouldn't even understand the formula for SP even if I showed you.

But your welcome to belive there are 1000 diffrent spellpower formular for spells....
    I wasn't taking either side about this coeffiecient argument but you seemed absolutely convinced about it so I figured you had some sort of post suggesting this...

in SWP Holy light is in more prevelant use anyway, and with the instant holy light from shock crits we'll be amazing. The Judgement range is there because judgement of wisdom costs nothing (and is not on a GCD) so we can constantly judgement of wisdom in between heals to have another + mana ability. I guess people didn't see that. The new heal system will be more based on Holy shocks and HLs with a Beacon of Light on MTs to heal the rogues/etc. around him from time to time. We also get + 15% from int as well as +10% int from kings so we'll have even more crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel
    Incorrect, Sir Retard. Again, if you bothered to read any blue posts at all you would have read that they created Spell Power not only for gear consolidation, but for co-efficiency tweaks on a *SPELL BY SPELL* basis. If your addled brain can not understand that, it's your own fault.

At no point did I mention the difference in co-efficiency in damage and healing spells. Every spell will now have the potential to be tweaked on its own as need be. If you're delusional enough to still believe that they firmly believe that 1.5 second spells MUST have this co-efficient anymore, you're a moron.
    lol - show me those blue posts plz. I dont know who is delousinal if you think there are 1000 formulas created for how spellpower affects diffrent basic + healing or + spell values.

Again - show me this blue post cause you obviously have zero understanding of how stats and abilites formulas for WOW are working. And even if some blue poster is claiming this - then you are a moron thinking hes telling the truth in this matter.

BLizzard does not officially give out their basic formulas for stat builds in WOW. BUT that does not prevent ppl from finding out.

What you - "MR Retard" does not understand is that if you want to change the effect of Spellpower - then you simply change the basic healing value in the first place. Thats how things are balanced. They are not balanced by adding the 3rd hidden value. Cuase then you can remove all tootips for the game.

YOu really are a moron thinking that FOL for Paladin is (SP*1.3)*basic healing value while for priest its (SP*1)*Basic healing value.

I know the blue posters might want ppl to belvie this now when the stats are showing such moronic scaling. BUt its not. And it never will be.

Just get a clue.

maybe the blessing of light makes flash/HL have an increased coefficient, and maybe non of us have any ideas unless we are on the beta servers testing it---which it looks like neither of you are.

Daedalon just stop QQing about how its the end of the world for your class, honestly no one cares. Seriously its fucking the FIRST week of Beta, and you haven't even played your class yet, and have no idea how the new changes will be implemented. All you've done is read what is put up on the changes list and just start flaming shit that you haven't even tested let alone even grasped. How about you just stfu and sit back like everyone else, and wait till the beta tester comments start rolling in. Seriously? Complaining about something you have no idea about? ..... just stop

Quote Originally Posted by stubot
    dude, seriously what it looks like blizzard is doing is they are giving us healadins more to do in a raid, with the new "hands" spells and the buff to cleanse not to mention an AOE hot we wont be spending a 10 minute raid fight cast FOL 1000 times. you will have time casting downtime which will mean out of casting mp5 as well being a more dynamic member of the raid. so they mentioned the class was gonna get a significant change and this is how they've done it. I am honestly interested in how it will play out, it looks like were gonna have to learn to do more than spam FOL in an encounter to be useful. so yeah perhaps FOL isn't the be all end all of pally spells anymore and I think even SWP is evidence of that, but they've given us alot more to do and some neat spells to be a true support role.

Dude - what you dont understand is that its not BLizzard who determines what is needed and what is not needed for raids. Just ask the Ret paladins in TBC. They were given utilites to do diffrent things but they did not deliver in the basic stats (that are healing and dmg) so they got kicked out. You think hand of salvation is usefull ? Seriously ? LOL - You do realise that if PPL are compitent in the first place then they wont overagro and wont need to be hit with a spell that slows down their dmg... ITs a pure waste and just stupid if you think thats usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by Malediction
    Daedalon just stop QQing about how its the end of the world for your class, honestly no one cares. Seriously its fucking the FIRST week of Beta, and you haven't even played your class yet, and have no idea how the new changes will be implemented. All you've done is read what is put up on the changes list and just start flaming shit that you haven't even tested let alone even grasped. How about you just stfu and sit back like everyone else, and wait till the beta tester comments start rolling in. Seriously? Complaining about something you have no idea about? ..... just stop
    And you base your info about me not knowing anything about the current beta test on what ?

Quote Originally Posted by TS Aeonin
    maybe the blessing of light makes flash/HL have an increased coefficient, and maybe non of us have any ideas unless we are on the beta servers testing it---which it looks like neither of you are.
    Blessing of light has been removed .... lol

Thats why we can actually compare priest and Paladin FOL now.

Spellpower:

* All items and effects which grant bonuses to spell damage and spell healing are being consolidated into a single stat, Spellpower. This stat will appear with the same values found on items which grant “increased spell damage and healing” such as on typical Mage and Warlock itemization.
    * For classes which do not heal, they should see no change in the character sheet other than new tooltip wording.
    * Healing characters will see their bonus healing numbers on the character sheet decrease, however, all healing spells have been modified to receive more benefit from spellpower than they received from bonus healing, with a net effect of no change to the amount healed by their spells. Some talents have had to be rebalanced to accommodate this change, but the amount healed will remain roughly the same. In addition, some talents will provide only healing spell power.

Tyvm.

Hate to repeat myself Runoor.....

Well - lets see...

Maybe its time to look at the numbers and see whats going on

This is heal per mana of FOL for a paladin in WOTLK

FOL rank 7
    3,27 - 3,65 healing per mana point
    FOL rank 8
    1.95 -2,18 healing per mana point
    FOL rank 9
    1,87-2,09 healng per mana point

Now lets look at FOL for priests

FOL rank 9
    2,34-2,72 healing per mana point
    FOL rank 10
    2,47-2,86 healing per mana point
    FOL rank 11
    2,45-2,83 healing per mana point

Only based on these numbers we can safely say that Paladins are no longer the most mana efficent class. And dont forget that the trend in WOTLK is to lower the critcial chance on all gear. Now ... ask yourself - would you take a priest or a Paladin into 5 mans or raids for healing ? Even for just tank healing ? Isn't it obvious ?

DUDE! Stop posting three times in a row and edit your posts!

Edit: And where on earth did you read that BoL has been removed?

"Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed. Their effects have been folded into all relevant abilities."

Doesnt mean its taken away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh00n
    I agree, this guy's ruining the post. nubs i swear...

Quote Originally Posted by Typh00n

Edit: And where on earth did you read that BoL has been removed?

"Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed. Their effects have been folded into all relevant abilities."

Doesnt mean its taken away from the game.
    Again... what part of "Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed" did you not get.

HOw can "blessing of light makes flash/HL have an increased coefficient" when its no longer in the game ? Easy to answer - it can't. The effects have been added to + healing on relevant skills. You get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by stubot
    ok, so heres another thing to think about in terms of bonus healing, paladins will be able to spec into talents that will reduce the casting time of FOL by 10% simply by applying a judement on an enemy for 30 seconds, so that also has to be taken into consideration that if the mana to heal point ratio is changed, there has to be a way to make up that deficit and you will make it up by reducing the casting time by 10%. I know priests are also getting a spell haste buff in the holy talent tree however it is a chance on cast. Judgements will trigger this effect 100% of the time. I'm not gonna sit here and try and rework your numbers to try to prove you wrong on the straight mana to heal ratio, but if you wanna get really technical about it you have to include time your not casting for which is now changed as well as factor in the healing per second done by the 2 spells to really fairly compare the 2 spells.

10% extra haste will not change the healing per mana ratio. It will just mean that paladins will be out of mana faster. If we are talking about how much healing you can get in than let me remind you that priest can hot and then flash. And then shield.

Calm down guys. It's either true that the healing bonus is different for each spell or Blizzard did simply not finish the mana cost / healing done adjustment for spells yet. Just compare the Priests Flash Heal to the new Druid heal, Nourish:

Flash Heal Rank 11
    775 Mana 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Heals a friendly target for 1887 to 2193.

Nourish Rank 1
    600 Mana 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Heals a friendly target for 1883 to 2187. Heals for an additional 20% if you have a Rejuvenation, Regrowth, or Lifebloom effect active on the target.

As you can see, Nourish heals for the same base amount, gets a 20% bonus and costs less mana. And when you compare Nourish to Flash of Light it gets even more ridiculous. I really doubt that this is intended.

10% extra haste will not change the healing per mana ratio. It will just mean that paladins will be out of mana faster. If we are talking about how much healing you can get in than let me remind you that priest can hot and then flash. And then shield.
    You do realize that any priest using flash heal as their main heal should not be healing... right? All these comparisons between a paladins flash of light and a priest's flash heal are interesting; however, not accurate, seeing as a priest's main heal should be greater heal (different ranks).

You're also failing to put into measure a paladin's crit rating, as well as the fact that they gain a certain percentage of heals back as mana, making them mana efficient, based on their crit rating.

Clearly, you don't know much about holy/disc priests.

Just thread is starting to remind me of a song, Justin Timerlake - Cry me a River. Can some people please get back to the facts, instead of just the random mindfarts they have?

FoL is not getting nerfed if consder all the other changes to spells, abilities and mechanics into the equasion.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]