Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Flash of Light nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Again... what part of "Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed" did you not get.

HOw can "blessing of light makes flash/HL have an increased coefficient" when its no longer in the game ? Easy to answer - it can't. The effects have been added to + healing on relevant skills. You get it ?

Because it has been MERGED. How hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra2
    You do realize that any priest using flash heal as their main heal should not be healing... right? All these comparisons between a paladins flash of light and a priest's flash heal are interesting; however, not accurate, seeing as a priest's main heal should be greater heal (different ranks).

You're also failing to put into measure a paladin's crit rating, as well as the fact that they gain a certain percentage of heals back as mana, making them mana efficient, based on their crit rating.

Clearly, you don't know much about holy/disc priests.
    Sadly I know alot more than you think. Look at what the Spell power plate gear has to offer in WOTLK and you might see that it has no Crit %. It has MP5. And again - Let me remind you again. Now that BOL has been implemented into pure +healing values - then we see paladins doing less healing per mana on higher ranking spells. Is rank 7 Pala Spell overpowered in current game ? No - its only mana efficent.

And I know enough about the game after spending over 300 days played to know that every single raid leader is gonna be taking 2 players of the other healing classes even before he/she thinks about getting 1 Holy paladin. Just like I knew that every raid leader would be taking all other melee classes before he/she took a dps paladin. The same goes for holy palas now. Only its worse. There are 4 healing classes filling 6-8 slots. You think that we will bother with taking classes or specs that are saving the arse of the nubs that can't watch their agros ? Dream on.

This is the reason you don't post/read these forums too many people who qq at the slightest problem they THINK is going to be wrong with the class. It's like thottbot all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh00n
    Because it has been MERGED. How hard can it be?
    How hard is it to understand that merges means it has been added directly to the healing values. And that means you can not create increased coefficency of that blessing like you were trying to imply 5 posts back. Stop trying to save your failed logic. Its getting embarrasing.

Honestly, L2p you stupid shitty ass paladins. I've been playing a paladin since I started this game, went holy @ 70, and I can honestly say I'm the best healer I know, with the possible exception of a holy priest. Do we have the best/most toys to play with? No, but they work well if you know how to use them, and being nearly impossible to kill in pve if you know what you're doing isn't bad either. Learn to itemize your gear properly, bring mana pots to everything, and stop whining about shit you have no clue about. I swear if I see another post about how "we kant heel magisterz becuz we all teks damages" I'm going to find you and put a boot up your ass. GOOD HEALERS WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPOT. IDIOTS THAT WANT TO SPAM ONE SPELL OVER AND OVER WON'T, EVEN SHAMANS. If you can sit there looking at the new talents and complain, you're crazy. And bitching about the RANDOM BLUES that they're releasing initial stats on.... wait until the first tier set comes out at least before you QQ.

How hard is it to understand that merges means it has been added directly to the healing values. And that means you can not create increased coefficency of that blessing like you were trying to imply 5 posts back. Stop trying to save your failed logic. Its getting embarrasing.
    Seriously..how old are you? I have never seen such a negative and immature person. Stop QQing, it wont be as bad as you think.

And I didnt even mention it to be considered a coefficency..I just said that it isnt gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typh00n
    Seriously..how old are you? I have never seen such a negative and immature person. Stop QQing, it wont be as bad as you think.

And I didnt even mention it to be considered a coefficency..I just said that it isnt gone
    My orginal answer saying that BOL was removed from the game was because a person on this topic said "maybe the blessing of light makes flash/HL have an increased coefficient". Then I pointed out that Blessing of light had been removed from the game in sence of beeing able to add hidden coefficnecy to it. THen you came in and quoted the patch notes saying that BOL and Imp BOL had been removed. Get it ? Now - if the BOL effect has been added correctly to the healing spells... thats another matter. Im not going into that discussion cause I have not tested it yet compared to a) TBC b) other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    I agree, this guy's ruining the post. nubs i swear...

lol why? xP

My orginal answer saying that BOL was removed from the game was because a person on this topic said "maybe the blessing of light makes flash/HL have an increased coefficient". Then I pointed out that Blessing of light had been removed from the game in sence of beeing able to add hidden coefficnecy to it. THen you came in and quoted the patch notes saying that BOL and Imp BOL had been removed. Get it ? Now - if the BOL effect has been added correctly to the healing spells... thats another matter. Im not going into that discussion cause I have not tested it yet compared to a) TBC b) other classes.
    Alright my bad. Just got a little mad when you attacked me all of a sudden

And I know enough about the game after spending over 300 days played to know that every single raid leader is gonna be taking 2 players of the other healing classes even before he/she thinks about getting 1 Holy paladin. Just like I knew that every raid leader would be taking all other melee classes before he/she took a dps paladin. The same goes for holy palas now. Only its worse. There are 4 healing classes filling 6-8 slots. You think that we will bother with taking classes or specs that are saving the arse of the nubs that can't watch their agros ? Dream on.
    Lol.. just lol. In this post you just said "Hey i dont have a clue"

300days played said nothing. Bother taking nubs that cant watch their aggro? Fact is that its not about watch aggro its about the fact that for certain classes to go all out dmg wise they need threat reducing buffs/abilities no matter how good or badass threat gear a tank has.

And omg no crit gearz. Give haste? paladins get really nice haste buffs and tbh i think in wotlk it will be more about HPS then HPM since it seems to me theyre revamping the whole mana system

Retradin sucks? Again shows you have no clue. They first of all give a free buff then they can keep all wisdoms on the boss during the whole fight wich is a good boost to raid dps well above what a single rogue/lock or w/e dps class could compete with.

On another note atm im thrilled over the new talents and how it looks for paladins. In pvp paladins get huges buffs so im all happy
    ------------------------------------------------

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27Akir&n=Stell

Quote Originally Posted by stell

Lol.. just lol. In this post you just said "Hey i dont have a clue"

300days played said nothing. Bother taking nubs that cant watch their aggro? Fact is that its not about watch aggro its about the fact that for certain classes to go all out dmg wise they need threat reducing buffs/abilities no matter how good or badass threat gear a tank has.

And omg no crit gearz. Give haste? paladins get really nice haste buffs and tbh i think in wotlk it will be more about HPS then HPM since it seems to me theyre revamping the whole mana system

Retradin sucks? Again shows you have no clue. They first of all give a free buff then they can keep all wisdoms on the boss during the whole fight wich is a good boost to raid dps well above what a single rogue/lock or w/e dps class could compete with.

On another note atm im thrilled over the new talents and how it looks for paladins. In pvp paladins get huges buffs so im all happy
    ------------------------------------------------

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27Akir&n=Stell
    Sorry mister smartypants that copied a armorylink to feel big. And then post 2 posts... lol

Do the math on the hand of salvation. It is not a spell to increase dmg. It reduces BOTH threat and dmg. And it works for 10 sec with 2 mins CD. Get it ? Its a "save the nub" spell.

The rest of the post is not worth answering. Specially considering that aparently you havn't noticed that RET paladins have NOT been getting into raids for 2 years now - EVEN if they are so great acording to you. You didn't see the part about Raid leaders picking the groups did you ?

Classes that show high pure values in all fights will dominate WOTLK - just like they did in TBC. And the pure values are healing and dmg. Ret palas were not picked cause of low pure values. THey mihgt have had all the fancy stuff that BLizzard wanted them to use in raids - but you know what... Blizzard doesn't pick the raids...

And this is exactly why most raid leaders will be smart and pick the 3rd holy priest before picking up the first holy pala.

Do the math on the hand of salvation. It is not a spell to increase dmg. It reduces BOTH threat and dmg. And it works for 10 sec with 2 mins CD. Get it ? Its a "save the nub" spell.
    How do you get that it reduces damage? I will accept that as a reactionary ability with a longer cooldown it is more of a save than anything, but I can see it being a damage boost in the right situations. I don't see how it would ever lower damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Runorr

Tyvm.
    This doesn't say ANYTHING about the mana use, which is the point of this discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Anubiros
    Calm down guys. It's either true that the healing bonus is different for each spell or Blizzard did simply not finish the mana cost / healing done adjustment for spells yet. Just compare the Priests Flash Heal to the new Druid heal, Nourish:

Flash Heal Rank 11
    775 Mana 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Heals a friendly target for 1887 to 2193.

Nourish Rank 1
    600 Mana 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Heals a friendly target for 1883 to 2187. Heals for an additional 20% if you have a Rejuvenation, Regrowth, or Lifebloom effect active on the target.

As you can see, Nourish heals for the same base amount, gets a 20% bonus and costs less mana. And when you compare Nourish to Flash of Light it gets even more ridiculous. I really doubt that this is intended.
    Yeh it seems a bit ridiculous on face value. Blizzard have been pretty awesome on balancing classes so far I believe, or at least when things look odd on face value usually have pretty good reasons behind them. It looks more and more like any changes to FoL, if it actually is a change, is being made up by more spell haste, or reinstated Illumination, or the use of other spells. Still kinda annoys me.

Sadly I know alot more than you think. Look at what the Spell power plate gear has to offer in WOTLK and you might see that it has no Crit %. It has MP5. And again - Let me remind you again. Now that BOL has been implemented into pure +healing values - then we see paladins doing less healing per mana on higher ranking spells. Is rank 7 Pala Spell overpowered in current game ? No - its only mana efficent.

What gear?? The two or three pieces previewed in 2-3 dungeons? Thats a really limited sample if you ask me.

And also you seem to be acting like everyone in a group is absolutely pro. Have you never used blessing of salvation then? Sometimes theres reality to face, that some people just might overaggro. And how about letting them overaggro and still everyone lives and everyone is mroe happy. Are you the person who rage quits a group on the first wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    Honestly, L2p you stupid shitty ass paladins. I've been playing a paladin since I started this game, went holy @ 70, and I can honestly say I'm the best healer I know, with the possible exception of a holy priest. Do we have the best/most toys to play with? No, but they work well if you know how to use them, and being nearly impossible to kill in pve if you know what you're doing isn't bad either. Learn to itemize your gear properly, bring mana pots to everything, and stop whining about shit you have no clue about. I swear if I see another post about how "we kant heel magisterz becuz we all teks damages" I'm going to find you and put a boot up your ass. GOOD HEALERS WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPOT. IDIOTS THAT WANT TO SPAM ONE SPELL OVER AND OVER WON'T, EVEN SHAMANS. If you can sit there looking at the new talents and complain, you're crazy. And bitching about the RANDOM BLUES that they're releasing initial stats on.... wait until the first tier set comes out at least before you QQ.
    Have you even seen Sunwell?

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    How can the coefficients on two spells with the same casting time be different, Mr. Smarty pants?
    Blessing of light will be built into all our blessings ... so if u have kings casted on tank it will count as if it has light ... that means that u will recive + healing for holy light and flash of light.
    If u count that in your calculation u will see that flash of light pwns flash heal in mana terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage0070
    How do you get that it reduces damage? I will accept that as a reactionary ability with a longer cooldown it is more of a save than anything, but I can see it being a damage boost in the right situations. I don't see how it would ever lower damage.
    Have u ever looked at the official patchnotes?

Do now and you might find this...

Blessing of Salvation renamed Hand of Salvation, now reduces total threat on the target by 2% per second for 10 seconds while also reducing all damage and healing done by 10%. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...69973&sid=2000

Next plz

Quote Originally Posted by evawes1
    What gear?? The two or three pieces previewed in 2-3 dungeons? Thats a really limited sample if you ask me.

And also you seem to be acting like everyone in a group is absolutely pro. Have you never used blessing of salvation then? Sometimes theres reality to face, that some people just might overaggro. And how about letting them overaggro and still everyone lives and everyone is mroe happy. Are you the person who rage quits a group on the first wipe?
    Blessing of salvation is no longer in the game. All dmg and healing spells have lower agro value now. That is BOS has been merged into all spells. This spell will not change anything - if something it will push ppl to overagro MORE than before - knowing they will get saved if they overagro. So its actually better to skip the paladins and simply say.. You don't overagro or you will cost us a try.

Again - this is a pure nub saver. And in terms of items out. I expect that the basic values of every stats has been intreduced to all items in alpha. At least other items for other classes do have all the basic stats and values set. Why not expect the same to work for Paladin class ?

Quote Originally Posted by StormScion
    Blessing of light will be built into all our blessings ... so if u have kings casted on tank it will count as if it has light ... that means that u will recive + healing for holy light and flash of light.
    If u count that in your calculation u will see that flash of light pwns flash heal in mana terms.
    Blessing of light is not build into other blessings. The healing values are added to the basic healing value of HL and FOL. Do some research.