Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best DK Leveling Spec

I've seen Video's from Frost, Blood and Unholy specs and all of them have really good ways of leveling but I'm really unsure what i like most or what's the best spec for just leveling, Frost had some nice AoE burst Damage and Unholy had quite a good combo of AoE with Corpse Explosion and Death & Decay but probably will require some downtime, Blood however looked like it required no downtime and is pretty much constant DPS with the help of Bloodworms and DK the healing was pretty decent to not have to require any breaks, I'm really stuck for choice! Anyone got any other information on the better spec for leveling?

Re: Best DK Leveling Spec

You should either go Blood or Frost in my opinion.

Frost provides some AoE, Roots, Snares, high Crits, Silences and such.
    Blood provides no downtime, and some fun DPS.
    I'm still unsure if Unholy is PvP or PvE, but I wouldn't recommend it for leveling.

Cheers!

Have to admit i wouldn't of saw myself going frost i thought it was just focused on tanking but i guess i was wrong, maybe because i bypass it and look at blood and unholy spec but gotta admitt the damage is pretty sweet!

http://www.vimeo.com/1373916 - 30 seconds in to the video i was like "=O"

anyways i guess i'll be drawing up some specs on the calculator =]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    By what I can see, if you like control while leveling, go frost. If you want single target pulls with almost no downtime, go blood.
    Single Target Pulls?

http://www.vimeo.com/1373946

I don't think this is single target pulling

Lol all 3 specs are sick, now I can't decide myself

I'm thinking along the lines of this for a Build

Quote Originally Posted by Jussie
    I'm still unsure if Unholy is PvP or PvE, but I wouldn't recommend it for leveling.
    I was unsure too, but I looked it up. Unholy all the way, it's the best AoE spec imho. AoE grinding ftw :>.

http://www.vimeo.com/1369409

I'll be starting 2/26/18 spec when I start. Frost looks like the best spec for leveling and dps imo.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=jbZ...ss0hzAoMcGzT0o

That's my 80 build.

hello all just putting my 2 cents here

I was in beta and man it was freaking awesome playing a DK at first it felt a bit OP when we were critting for 6k and then the numbers got fixed but I still love the way DK play style involve actually skills to kill someone that is.

As for leveling I thought Blood would be the best to level but soon the nerf bat came to blood then Unholy with the Scourge Strike. To my final thought I think for "leveling" Unholy will be the best bet to go, when you start the zone you will understand...... :P then go Blood when your higher lvl's but then again this is ALL my Opinion. Happy hunting DK FTW!

Hi i want to restart this thread coz i dont know which spec to go for lvling my DK LVL 63

i am 2h frosta nd blood atm and the AOE and single target dps is nice but i have to eat all the time after every pull

i hear blood has no downtime i just wanted to know what spec is best for lvling and fastest with no downtime and some self healing is great

and spec LINKS will be great for lvl 63 and a good rotation for that spec please for max dps

THANKYOU please

Deleted

Are you high? Unholy is the best choice.

The sheer stupidity on these forums make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz

Can you give me a good spec for this and a good rotation please thankyou.. i would appreciate it

I leveled as blood from 55-80 in about 5 days just fine. Solo'd just about every group quest and had zero down time. Your ignorance makes me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

easy...

if u want ez mode leveling you go blood
    if you want efficient leveling you go unholy

/end thread

I went unholy from day 1 - I have tried blood/frost builds (albeit not deep frost builds yet) but what was a winner for levelling was 'on a pale horse' and unholy aura talents - faster mounted speed and faster movement speed(even in blood presence) meant less wasted time travelling between quests and quest hubs.

I have levelled many chars, my view is that most time is wasted travelling - time lost eating/drinking is much less overall(and as unholy my downtime wasnt a big issue either).

I also found the perma pet ghoul and great aoe handy for taking on alot at once - a bit like a hunter or lock, but ofc the ghoul doesnt really try to "tank".

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    I leveled as blood from 55-80 in about 5 days just fine. Solo'd just about every group quest and had zero down time. Your ignorance makes me sick.
    unholy does al groupquests to, and no downtime
    only unholy does it faster

Your ignorance makes me sick

I tried each spec and Unholy came out on top every single time.
    Are you all out of your mind...???!?!?!
    Unholy is the most efficient and fun leveling spec out there!
    Blood does have some nice Heals, but so does Unholy...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Saykal
    I've seen Video's from Frost, Blood and Unholy specs and all of them have really good ways of leveling but I'm really unsure what i like most or what's the best spec for just leveling, Frost had some nice AoE burst Damage and Unholy had quite a good combo of AoE with Corpse Explosion and Death & Decay but probably will require some downtime, Blood however looked like it required no downtime and is pretty much constant DPS with the help of Bloodworms and DK the healing was pretty decent to not have to require any breaks, I'm really stuck for choice! Anyone got any other information on the better spec for leveling?
    With proper use of bone shield / death strike / gnaw, unholy has almost no downtime, and while the single target dps is comparable to blood, as soon as you fight 2 or more mobs at the same time, unholy pulls ahead fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Saykal
    unholy by far all the way up to unholy blight. Also corpse explosion isnt one of the main spells you will use and neither is death and decay.

unholy is Very good with simply applying icy touch and plague strike, pesitlence then blood boil and then unholy blight (on pack mobs)

in single mobs you get the highest single target ability a DK can get (scourge strike) and you also get lots of nice little talents thrown in for good measure.

guys please can you give me link FOR a good Blood build? i would appreciate it

and a nice rotation for me aswell

thankyou please