Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Strength of Earth totem

Is it true that enh shamans who are using WF wep enchant currently get no benefit from the WF totem? Really? that sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by evawes1
    Is it true that enh shamans who are using WF wep enchant currently get no benefit from the WF totem? Really? that sucks!
    Did you read a word of this post? Windfury totem will work with our buff

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    yes, we will get:

if you have three shaman in the raid of each spec this is the list of totem buffs you will have:

Air:
    windfury totem= 20% melee haste (24% imp)
    wrath of air=10% spell haste
    nature resistance = duh

Fire:
    totem of wrath=3% spell hit 3% spell crit
    flametongue=fire damage on hit AND spell damage
    frost resistance = duh

earth:
    SOE: 100 agi and str
    stoneskin: extra armor (this is much better than the current version)

water:
    healing stream = nice aoe hp heal for being passive
    mana spring = same but for mana
    fire resistance = half the damage in this game is fire resist.

this is just with 3 shaman and a touch of coordination. obviously not all totems are of benefit, but an enhancer can use just about all of those to a point, and all shaman will benefit a crap ton more than currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    It's one thing to waste 15% mana, and completely different to waste 15% BASE mana. Remember, base mana is your mana pool while not wearing anything.
    Base mana is actually less than that.

Base mana is only the mana you gain from each level up plus your starting mana. So it's your total mana minus mana gained from intellect.
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    No I just blindly posted!

It seems as tho ppl are saying that in the current game (TBC) enh shamans dont get buffed from the WF totem. I take that meaning they don't get any benefit from it. So I'm asking if thats true. I've always assumed you could put on WF wep buff/enchant, and then get extra stuff from the WF totem. If thats true, then I dont know what you guys mean about WOTK.

It seems as tho ppl are saying that in the current game (TBC) enh shamans dont get buffed from the WF totem. I take that meaning they don't get any benefit from it. So I'm asking if thats true. I've always assumed you could put on WF wep buff/enchant, and then get extra stuff from the WF totem. If thats true, then I dont know what you guys mean about WOTK.
    Nope, wf totem is just for rogues and war atm ...

If you have 1 enhancement sham who drop a mana totem and 3 heal shams who each drop a healing totem it will grant a 600+ heal/2sec ...that owns!

resto mana spring gieffs more mana :R, so atleast 1 resto sham should drop it.
    and wf is for retri pallies 2 atm.
    Nice totem changes rly.

Quote Originally Posted by kilssii
    resto mana spring gieffs more mana :R, so atleast 1 resto sham should drop it.
    and wf is for retri pallies 2 atm.
    Nice totem changes rly.
    yeah forgot pallies ...

In the current game shamans get nothing from there own WF Totem, infact if you use the totem now instead of the weapon buff you will be gimping yourself mucho grandioso.

At this moment a shaman that is doing solo shizzle (grinding/questing/whatever) is putting down SOE and GOA totem (str and agi totem).
    When you are paired with a rogue and/or dps warrior then you drop the WF totem for THEM, not for yourself because you are using the weapon self buff.

In WOTLK the WF totem is gonna change form a extra swing+some AP bonus on that swing weapon ENCHANT to a flat 20% melee/ranged haste BUFF just like a Druid would buff MOTW or a mage would buff you with Arcane Intellect.

So now, in WOTLK a enhancement shaman can imbue his own weapon with the old 2swings+some AP bonus on that swings and when he puts down WF totem (and he will always put that down) he now also benefits from that because he wil be reciving that buff to.

The difference is in the words enchant and buff.

An weapon enchant (beeing permanant like mongoose/demonslaying/healing or temp like poisons/windfury/sharpning stones/oils) is a totaly different thing that a buff you get on you as a player.

The WF totem (and so do the Elemental totems) now go in the same place as the SOE/GOA totems, the paladin blessings, the druid/priest/mage buffs.

So, in tBC a enh shaman did not profit from putting down WF totem, in WOTLK he will profit greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    windfury totem= 20% melee haste (24% imp)
    SOE: 100 agi and str
    The 20% melee haste buff from Windfury Totem we always read about is the effect of the full improved version. Without spending talent points, it gives 16% Haste. 2 Points give ADDITIONAL 4% and results in 20%

Full improved Strength of Earth will give 99 Agi & Strength I think, not 100. (86*1.15=98.9)

Quote Originally Posted by Flohsakk
    The 20% melee haste buff from Windfury Totem we always read about is the effect of the full improved version. Without spending talent points, it gives 16% Haste. 2 Points give ADDITIONAL 4% and results in 20%

Full improved Strength of Earth will give 99 Agi & Strength I think, not 100. (86*1.15=98.9)

:P

yeah, it said in teh patch notes it was 20%, so i assumed they meant baseline. is it shown in beta yet? cause i haven't seen the documentation of the 16% thing (seems like an odd number, and 20%, matches windfury 1.0's proc rate).

not doubting you personally, but as you can see form my posting, i speak with authority on the topics i know about, and try not to discuss things i dont know, so i like to be informed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flohsakk

If the beta notes stay the same, then this one totem will give you 198 AP (str 1=1 and agi 1=1)

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBovine

If the beta notes stay the same, then this one totem will give you 198 AP (str 1=1 and agi 1=1)
    It will give everyone (except for Hunters) 198 AP actually. Or 196 if you round Blizz style (98.9 = 98)