What's your Ret PVP spec?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10533120201351
    Thats mine. A few things missing from ret tree but this spec is customized for my 2v2 with ret/MS.

Re: What's your Ret PVP spec?

The thread title cleary says Retribution PVP spec, but thank you.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfmantang
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Thats mine. A few things missing from ret tree but this spec is customized for my 2v2 with ret/MS.
    I'll be going with the following talent build:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZt...Vf0thouAIoMzAo

I only find Vindication to be marginally usefull because I never open on a opponent (2v2 (Rogue / Ret. Paladin) and 3v3 (Warrior, Druid, Ret. Paladin)), thus the 15% Stamina deduction will not have the full effect.

Next to that with Avenging Wrath loosing it's Forbearance I believe Sanctified Wrath to be incredibly usefull, enough so ditch Fanatasicm.

Sidenote: I still might switch out Divine Guardian for Eye for an Eye.

Well i have seen many times that fanaticism is being kept off and would like to ask why do that?

Eredil

@Eredil

Fanaticism increases crit strike for Judgement and reduces threat. In PVP threat is not an issue as well as the fact that Judgements are curently based off spell damage. I think that blizz with fix that in WOTLK so that it gets it's bonus from attack power instead so I speced assuming this much. I've also recently seen a screenshot of a paladin getting an 18k Judgement of command so I picked up Fanaticism. Basicaly, It's there in PVE builds but not in PVP builds.

@Rawberry

How come you put points into Sheath of Light? Ret paladins aren't much for off-healing. =P Assuming my assumption that Judgement damage will be based off of AP or SP depending on which is higher if not false.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfmantang
    @Rawberry

How come you put points into Sheath of Light? Ret paladins aren't much for off-healing. =P Assuming my assumption that Judgement damage will be based off of AP or SP depending on which is higher if not false.
    At the moment (TBC) Seal of Command has a 20% coefficient from +spell damage statistics, Judgement of Command is slightly over 40%.

With around 3000 AP on a Paladin in WOTLK thats +900 spellpower. This results into:

- Seal of Command +180 damage.
    - Judgement of Command +360 damage.

I find the Judgement bonus especially nice because of the chance of double damage with The Art of War.

The WOTLK coefficients also seem to be higher at around 35%~ for Seal of Command and 60%~ for Judgement of Command. So to clarify Seals and Judgement still receive their bonusses from spellpower, and not attackpower as you assumed .

I changed my PVP talentbuild somewhat now that Blizzard has brought us a slightly revised version of the old one:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...13533100201351

+ 50% bonus to Blessing of Might
    + Vindication (Now procs of Retribution Aura)

Old build in outdated talent calculator: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZt...Vf0thouAIoMzAo

I also revised mine. =P Also along with the changed you mentioned....

Vindiction reduced to 2/2 from 3/3
    Pursuit of Justice reduced to 2/2 from 3/3

Just a Question: why isn't divine purpose useful 3% less hit from spells and ranged and 30% less duration on movement impairing effects? hmhm imp might got an update from 20% to 50% which is a real nice change

i would use http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...13533100201351

or maybe this so i could pve/pvp
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...13533135231351

Quote Originally Posted by w4
    Just a Question: why isn't divine purpose useful 3% less hit from spells and ranged and 30% less duration on movement impairing effects?
    I think Divine Purpose is seen so little in PVP talentbuilds because of two reasons:

1) Other talents are alot better / more usefull.

2) Hand of Freedom / possible Divine Shield makes us less ceceptable to kiting anyway, the only real class Ret. Paladins have trouble with kiting wise are Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I think Divine Purpose is seen so little in PVP talentbuilds because of two reasons:

1) Other talents are alot better / more usefull.

2) Hand of Freedom / possible Divine Shield makes us less ceceptable to kiting anyway, the only real class Ret. Paladins have trouble with kiting wise are Hunters.
    I'm not sure, on my 3s team I have cleanse macros for all my members. Sometimes I have to decide if I'm cleansing my warrior, or myself. IMO you should save your BoF for your warrior, hes the one putting up that vital MS effect. If I knowingly have only 70% duration on some slows, then keeping BoF for my warrior hurts me even LESS then it does right now. Currently I'm leaning towards taking the points out of Art of War, and placing them into Divine Purpose.

Of course, only way I'll get to see if it makes a noticeable difference is when all is said and done, game launches and is on my HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Akyle
    I'm not sure, on my 3s team I have cleanse macros for all my members. Sometimes I have to decide if I'm cleansing my warrior, or myself. IMO you should save your BoF for your warrior, hes the one putting up that vital MS effect. If I knowingly have only 70% duration on some slows, then keeping BoF for my warrior hurts me even LESS then it does right now. Currently I'm leaning towards taking the points out of Art of War, and placing them into Divine Purpose.

Of course, only way I'll get to see if it makes a noticeable difference is when all is said and done, game launches and is on my HD.
    IMO getting your Warrior or Healer (more likely) out of a Stun every 25 seconds with Hand of Freedom is awesome, so I'm definatly keeping Art of War in my PVP talent builds.

Besides, with a Warrior in your team you should not have a problem being slowed as your target should be hamstringed anyway.

You have BoF not on CD? Tying a stun removing affect would be synonymous to tying an interrupt onto CS.
    When you actually need the ability for an interrupt or stun removal it was used seconds earlier and is on CD.

a lot of people seem confused as to what the absolute must take and max talents in the ret tree from tiers 3-5. So let me spell it out:

2/2 vindication: must take if serious about pvp
    5/5 conviction: obvious must take
    1/1 SoC: obvious must take
    2/2 pursuit of justice; must take if serious about pvp
    2/2 eye for eye: must take if serious about pvp
    --- improved ret aura: not necessary
    --- crusade: not necessary
    3/3 two handed weap spec: absolutely necessary
    1/1 sanctified retribution: 100% necessary
    3/3 sheath of light: 100% necessary

Sucks to have to spend 19 points in 3 low tiers but these talents are must haves if you want to be taken seriously in pvp.