Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: improved track or aspect mastery?

This is the best pve build I have seen so far.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

With 3 points left to do what you want with, either put all 3 in carefull aim for more AP or rapid killing and aimed shot if you want that.

Quote Originally Posted by battierpeeler
    i don't see how this solves anything. focused aim for pve? no bestial discipline?
    Or, you can dump points into Bestial Discipline, there's two points left over.

Listen, you can't sit here and tell us one aspect of your build and not expect us to improve on it, you said you wanted partial PvP purposes with PvE DPS, that's what I gave you.

You have the survivability with Endurance Training for PvE AND PvP, Focused Aim is for PvP, I dunno how much you enjoy getting your shit pushed back in PvP but I don't.

What PvE talents are you missing with my build? Bestial Discipline and what? Imp. Mend Pet? GG.

"When you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."

you can get bitchy if you want but i said i want pure pve with the exception of aimed shot. i never said improve on my pvp build. i asked which would you think is better between improved track and aspect mastery.
    RIDiculous ... you know... like ridicule.
    not REDidculous.

[glow=blue,2,300]!!!~I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE EVEYTHING~!!!

[b][i]We just need... 300 Talant Points!
    That is all.

I dont really understand why people keep using points on Imp. Mend Pet?

20% lower mana cost
    pff its nothing

Chance to remove 1 curse, disease, magic or poison effect every tick
    I cant remember the last time a boss used an ability I could despell with Imp.MP,
    so looking at it from a pure PvE viewpoint its a wasted talent since you will not be using it on boss`s.

About Invigoration & Cobra Strikes I am gonna use points on them, because Im a hunter and I never know what grp Im gonna be in,
    and with my shottingspeed its real easy to dump my mana(Council / Illidan anyone?).
    Alot of classes are getting mana-regen for the grp yes, but lets just see how that turns out first.
    And remember if you go deep BM there shouldnt be point for Efficiency anymore which Invigoration & Cobra Strikes will help on.

To the OP:
    Im going Aspect Mastery 5/5 it should be around 450AP and in heavy AOE fights you can switch to AotM to reduce some of the dmg.
    I also think Beast Mastery is well werth 1 point that is costs, for now forget about exotic pets(no one knows what it means anyway) but think:
    Pets have talent trees now... dont have asmany points as before... 5 more talent points thats pretty nice.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

i don't know what to get instead of improved mend. all the talents left up until that point suck. i need at least 1 point in something to move on to the next tier. i agree though that it isn't very useful overall. if improved mend and animal handler switched spots in the tree, it would be AMAZING.

like i said already beast mastery allows you to have 21 pet talent points instead of 16.. and in the ferocity tree, i only want 17 points and can easily do with just 1 less in order to have the talent elsewhere. i guess it also depends what the exotic animals bring to the table. right now i want to just stick with my cat.
    RIDiculous ... you know... like ridicule.
    not REDidculous.

Dont agree at all that 5 extra points in the dps-pet tree is a waste of one talentpoint, rather its insanly nice.
    I suspect every none BM-hunter in raids will spec;
    T1; Cobra Reflexes: 2/2, Great Stamina: 1/3
    T2; Spiked Collar: 3/3, Loyalty 2/2
    T2; Avoidance: 2/3
    T4; Spider's Bite: 3/3, Heart of the Phoenix: 1/1
    T5; Rabid* 1/1, Call of the Wild* 1/1
    Upgrading to Great Stamina: 2/3, Avoidance: 3/3, and adding Great Resistance: 3/3, will certainly come in handy to manage to keep the pet alive.

Though since MM is getting such a huge buff and the general nerf of the importance for hunterhaste, I suspect MM hunters will finally outdo BM hunters even without 250 haste.

When it comes to petchoice, the cat seems like a huge waste since prowl is worthless in raids.
    Raptorskill seems to give the most dps.
    Carrion bird is still extremly nice since it yields 1/2 extra imp. demo
    Tallstrider seems to be op since the skill yields 30% xtra tank-avoidence, all bosses are bound to be immune to this.

You can reduce the number of points in frenzy, and take animal handler.

And, we don't really know the pet talent trees yet, so it's early to tell how that'll work out.
    If their trees are anything like ours, then they'll have the "good" talents at the bottom of the tree.
    If so, beast mastery could be a very good talent.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyWuffms
    Cobra strikes is decent, but when you're on a talant point budget it's not worth it :\
    Go For The Throat, ehh... possibly i already have the 100% focus regeneration go for the throat 2/2 is kinda over doing it 1/2 is okay.

But again, budget and im worried more my damage output more then my pets.
    Clearly doesn't PvE alot, but that's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Romario
    Clearly doesn't PvE alot, but that's ok!
    Acctually I do. More so with my Shaman, but i do occassionaly use my hunter and i Know what makes it tick!

Right now all my pet does is Spam Claw and deffiantly crits a few times within 10 seconds keeping Ferocious Inspiration and Frenzy up. With Beastal discipline(100% focus regeneration) it never really runs out of focus OOF :P
    continues on it's mary way ripping stuff up with claw. Not going "OOF" means i dont really need Go For The Throat. I might do 1/2 for 25 when i crit but 50 is deffinatly not needed. I can crit back to back. That'll keep focus up nicley.

Cobra Strikes! OK... it works off Arcane, Steady and Kill Shot, I'm using Steady Shot constantly. Cobra Strikes works off a crit from steady shot, about 30% chance to crit and if it crits and then there's a 60% chance Cobra strikes will activate, making my pets next 3 claw attacks crit WOW

Not really it isn't an amazing boost for me and my pets total damage. I do a lot more then my pet and I'd prefer to use those points along with the other few left to increase my attack power bonus from hawk by 150 and 5% all around damage just from tracking my target. Pew Pew!

But if mana is a major issue for some reason id use it with invigoration. giving me 6% mana every... ??? 12 seconds that's awsome for grinding! but when you're raiding you should have more Mp5 from buffs and you should keep mana potions handy.

here's the Raiding tree- http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

and ZOMG grinding!- http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000
    Hey, Battierpeeler! ;D There... Aim shot for an opener or something :P
    That is all.