Page 1 of 2
LastLast

improved track or aspect mastery?

6 points left over

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

5% dmg from improved tracking (and 1 in rapid killing or 1 in aspect mastery)

or

150 extra attack power from aspect mastery AND beast mastery (but beast mastery not so important.. we get 16 pet points. i would want to spend 17 based on the ferocity tree) OR 1 in rapid killing OR 1 in improved track

i want the aimed shot for pvp. everything else seems to make sense to me but i would be willing to listen to ideas if you think something else is better. i can't get myself to invest in the pet hit (animal handler). i don't know why.

i guess that concludes post # 1 ???
    RIDiculous ... you know... like ridicule.
    not REDidculous.

Re: improved track or aspect mastery?

/Sigh... You may just wanna use this tree i made. You said you want aim shot for PvP so i made a PvP tree shifting a lot of talants over to survival for... survivability.

Seriously.
    ---
    If you want a full explaination on that spec and why i would most deffinatly prefer it, say Supercalafragelisticexpialidoshus!
    That is all.

well i meant i want a pve build... but the only talent for pvp i would still like to have is aimed shot for the healing reduction... i don't want a pvp build. i just knew people would tell me to take out the point in aimed shot and tell me to use it elsewhere for pve.
    not REDidculous.

I whould go with

Since i think the "exotic" pets will be alot better , but thats only what i think.

You can take away the focused aim for aimed shot if wanted.

oooh kay, PvE build and (you dont need aim shot, that's what MS warriors and rogues with wound poison are for that and 1 point can mean a lot in another spot)

this build is like *strictly* PvE :-X
    That is all.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyWuffms
    oooh kay, PvE build and (you dont need aim shot, that's what MS warriors and rogues with wound poison are for that and 1 point can mean a lot in another spot)

i run 3's with no rogue or warrior... so it's kind of a must :P
    not REDidculous.

seems like you all picked aspect mastery over improved tracking 3-0
    not REDidculous.

Avoid these
    -Invigoration and Cobra Strikes are just a waste of talant points, together their main goal is to give you a little mana. In a real raid group you wouldn't need that, you also have mana pots if you really get low.
    -Right now We don't really know the benefits of an "Exotic Pet", so im leaving that alone and 5 points isn't a huge deal.

Show These Some Love!
    -Rapid killing
    4 minutes down to a 2 minute CD is just nice
    -Aspect mastery 3/5
    30% increase on your rank 10 Aspect of the Hawk comes out to 390 AP
    -Improved Tracking
    Make sure you're tracking it and you get 5% more dmg

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by battierpeeler
    i run 3's with no rogue or warrior... so it's kind of a must :P
    OK, then use my first build and shift one point to Aim shot.
    ~~~
    seems like you all picked aspect mastery over improved tracking 3-0
    5/5 tracking 3/5 aspect 2-1 <-- that's a smart 1 :P

Edit: Always find the mistakes AFTER i post it >_<
    That is all.

You really do want 3/3 Cobra Strikes and 2/2 Go for the Throat.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

i wish warrior talents were straight up buffs with no huge-ass caveats.

the talent build you linked seems to suggest aspect mastery is winning 3-0

maybe you had a change of heart or something :P

also regarding improved hunter's mark.. they would only get the BASE attack buff. not the part that adds up.

rapid killing is definitely nice. i want 2 points in it if i can.. maybe even over aspect mastery and improved tracking.

cobra strikes is also very nice just from a damage standpoint. invigoration is up in the air.. i'd like to test it out and see how much it helps and then decide.
    not REDidculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Romario
    You really do want 3/3 Cobra Strikes and 2/2 Go for the Throat.
    Cobra strikes is decent, but when you're on a talant point budget it's not worth it :\
    Go For The Throat, ehh... possibly i already have the 100% focus regeneration go for the throat 2/2 is kinda over doing it 1/2 is okay.

But again, budget and im worried more my damage output more then my pets.

the talent build you linked seems to suggest aspect mastery is winning 3-0
    maybe you had a change of heart or something :P

also regarding improved hunter's mark.. they would only get the BASE attack buff. not the part that adds up.

rapid killing is definitely nice. i want 2 points in it if i can.. maybe even over aspect mastery and improved tracking.
    No, i could have sworn i transfered the points form aspect to tracking, but that's where i stand.
    I'll take your word on the hunter's mark then it's only worth it if your raid DPS is comprised of like... 90% melee aaaand that's highly unlikely, unless you're killing VR and your the only range DPS *woo hoo!*
    That is all.

- Improved Hunter's Mark (Hunter's Mark works for melee as well and ranged damage.)
    Places the Hunter's Mark on the target, increasing the ranged/melee attack power of ALL attackers against that target by 300 and by an additional 30 each time they are struck by a ranged/melee attack, up to a maximum of 1200. (I'm Sure melee would appreciate 1200 more attack power)
    The melee attack power bonus of improved hunters mark is only only worth its face value of 300. The stacking effect is for ranged only. However it is an additional 300 melee attack power. With the new pet talents, mana conservation is no longer a real issue either. Honestly I believe a raiding guilds hunters will have to get together and each build a spec to accommodate and benefit each other, more so than filling the maximum utility roll yourself and sacrificing your mana regen/pvpability/etc. I myself prefer an aimed shot for those times when a ret paladin tries to steal my ore.

And Fluffy try to remember that while our mana pools and intel pools will be bigger so will the cost of our shots. And with clipping being removed from Steadyshot, its going be a chaingun spam along side autoshot. This far out its hard to tell if supplemental mana efficiency will be efficient for us. That being said, this will most likely be the spec i roll into:

invigoration is up in the air.. i'd like to test it out and see how much it helps and then decide.
    It shouldn't do that much, and it wouldn't matter in a raid. you should have blessing of wisdom probobly an enhancment shaman with mana stream totem, with that your mana will drop slowly and you will deffiantly be fine if you drink mana potions every once in a while.
    Ivigoration isn't worth it when raiding, grinding would be a differant story:
    That is all.

This is personally, what I would go with in your situation. You can dump the left over points into Imp Aspects or Imp Hunter's Mark, whatever you want.

This pretty much solves everything imo.

"When you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."

i can see removing one point from go for the throat RIGHT NOW. my cat can't dump focus fast enough at the moment... but with pet talents and picking up 2 more abilities on top of claw... i might need it.
    not REDidculous.

i can see removing one point from go for the throat RIGHT NOW. my cat can't dump focus fast enough at the moment... but with pet talents and picking up 2 more abilities on top of claw... i might need it.
    Exactly.

I think it's kind of messed up that there's so many mandatory talents in MM, but I guess it's pretty much like that with every class.

"When you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."

Quote Originally Posted by liquidprimus
    This is personally, what I would go with in your situation. You can dump the left over points into Imp Aspects or Imp Hunter's Mark, whatever you want.

This pretty much solves everything imo.

i don't see how this solves anything. focused aim for pve? no bestial discipline?
    not REDidculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetharius
    The melee attack power bonus of improved hunters mark is only only worth its face value of 300. The stacking effect is for ranged only. However it is an additional 300 melee attack power. With the new pet talents, mana conservation is no longer a real issue either. Honestly I believe a raiding guilds hunters will have to get together and each build a spec to accommodate and benefit each other, more so than filling the maximum utility roll yourself and sacrificing your mana regen/pvpability/etc. I myself prefer an aimed shot for those times when a ret paladin tries to steal my ore.

And Fluffy try to remember that while our mana pools and intel pools will be bigger so will the cost of our shots. And with clipping being removed from Steadyshot, its going be a chaingun spam along side autoshot. This far out its hard to tell if supplemental mana efficiency will be efficient for us. That being said, this will most likely be the spec i roll into:
    Battierpeeler pointed out the Hunter's Mark issue earlier, and i see that now. I'll go removie it.
    The mana thing- :P Steady shot is down from 2.0 seconds to 1.5, right? That could be a huge issue, unless blizz lowers the % cost of steady shot. Taking into consideration how the .5 seconds would effect mana consumption.
    That is all.