1. #1

    WotLK Shockadin specs

    Didn't find a topic like this (tho I didn't even try to find it for long), so i decided to make one.

    Looks like shockadins are getting some serious love in wotlk, so might even give it a try

    At the moment im planning build something like this (Mainly for PvP and arena use): http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...13010000000000

    So what kind of shockadin spec have you thought about? What do you think of mine? Something to improve in it?

    Feel free to post your own builds and comments about others builds

  2. #2

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    hello, here is mine

    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...13030100000000

    also i may prefer sanctified seals at holy guidance

  3. #3

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    spec into something useful
    This user has been banned.

  4. #4

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Quote Originally Posted by borealis
    hello, here is mine

    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...13030100000000

    also i may prefer sanctified seals at holy guidance
    Ah yeah repentance would be a good plus to my shockadin spec too... tho basically it's instant Holy Light vs. Repentance, hmmm need to think which one to take.

    And what blessing will you be using? BoW or BoM? In my opinion BoM would be handy to get that spellpower boost (last rank of BoM gives 300 ap, which is... errr 90 more spellpower, from Sheath of Light talent).

    Cmon people, moar posts about Shockadin wotlk specs

  5. #5

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Well i was thinking more of something like http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVA...0xRZZVf0xbf0hh. However the second build mensioned in this thread would be interesting if the target under the effect o repentance gets double the holy shock dmg since we would be looking at a holy shock with something like 4k dmg at tbc gear (even more with avenging wrath). If this is the case then i would be willing to lose the enlightened judgements to get to repentance

  6. #6

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Oh yep... now when i think about it, that borealis's spec looks a lot better than mine, atleast for char who is only doing pvp. You won't have instant Holy Lights, but you'll still have Spiritual Focus to make healing possible. And repentance...mmm... i think shockadin/rogue for example would be a very strong combo in 2v2 wotlk, because of the massive amount of CC, damage, freedom and other paladin skills. Not to mention the spell interrupts that rogue has.

  7. #7

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    if i was shockadin i would use this spec you would get 10% crit from talents alone with holy power and conviction and 3% when you judgement with the Dk coming pure of heart becomes even better because it not only reduces warlock curses it will now make the disease part useful. and sacred cleanse resistance to certain disease/curses/magics is great.

    i would use http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...13000000000000

  8. #8

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eredil
    Well i was thinking more of something like http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVA...0xRZZVf0xbf0hh. However the second build mensioned in this thread would be interesting if the target under the effect o repentance gets double the holy shock dmg since we would be looking at a holy shock with something like 4k dmg at tbc gear (even more with avenging wrath). If this is the case then i would be willing to lose the enlightened judgements to get to repentance
    Aah yeah... Divine illumination and more range to judgements, tempting. Aaaah so much good talents, hard to decide

  9. #9

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    spec into something useful
    ^
    |___ This

  10. #10

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Trully very hard to decide regardless of the spec... Gonna spend a ton of gold to get to the build that will be best for arena... Well at least all this time we were qqing for how nerfed we are and all. Now we can cry for how difficult deciding what spec to use is :P

    Edit : We could allways go for Fanaticism also however this means that we only get the holy shock talent and lose the bonus spelldmg from intellect.. Dunno. Sounds tempting although most builds seem to keep fanatisism out for a reason i would be glad if someone told me :S

  11. #11

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Yup Sacred Cleansing looks like reeeeally good talent, but wonder if the mana will be a problem without Judgements of the Wise?

  12. #12

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eredil
    Trully very hard to decide regardless of the spec... Gonna spend a ton of gold to get to the build that will be best for arena... Well at least all this time we were qqing for how nerfed we are and all. Now we can cry for how difficult deciding what spec to use is :P

    Edit : We could allways go for Fanaticism also however this means that we only get the holy shock talent and lose the bonus spelldmg from intellect.. Dunno. Sounds tempting although most builds seem to keep fanatisism out for a reason i would be glad if someone told me :S
    Haha that's yetsactly how im feeling

    Fanaticism... hmmm... when 5/5 it increases the crit chance of judgements by 25%, that's a LOT.

    Wonder if that crit boost will be better than passive spelldmg :O Hmmm...

  13. #13

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...13020000000000

    I've got a 40/21 shockadin now and just love the versatility. Most of my playtime on that toon is raid healing, picking up the Ret for some utility/versatility, and being able to solo or switch-hit effectively. The new Wrath talents make that playstyle just plain better.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

  14. #14
    Khody
    Guest

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Quote Originally Posted by exorcism
    Ah yeah repentance would be a good plus to my shockadin spec too... tho basically it's instant Holy Light vs. Repentance, hmmm need to think which one to take.

    And what blessing will you be using? BoW or BoM? In my opinion BoM would be handy to get that spellpower boost (last rank of BoM gives 300 ap, which is... errr 90 more spellpower, from Sheath of Light talent).

    Cmon people, moar posts about Shockadin wotlk specs
    Oh wow. I didn't even realize that BoM and other AP adjusting buffs will actually be useful to non Beacon holy paladins that spec SoL.

    That just got me really excited.

    It would be cool to do a test to see how high we can get our AP to be whole in full Holy gear. Especially considering Unleashed rage and battleshot are going to be raid wide affects along with the strength/agility totems.

  15. #15

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    Oh yeah now I see it too... looks like holy paladins are having huuuuuge amount of spellpower in WotLK raids, since they get more ap (=more spellpower) from battle shout and unleashed rage, like you mentioned, and ofcourse Wrath of the Air adds a lot spellpower too. Also more ap from hunter's Expose Weakness -talent.

    Big numbers inc

  16. #16

    Re: WotLK Shockadin specs

    i really think too on sanctified seals, now the seals cost is 14% of base mana and are not dispelled when judge, they last the full 30 sec, so maybe with the high cost of the seals i don t want them to be purged ^^

    i think too that repentance now is very good, up to 1 minute of cc 1 minute cd on almost of the mob type, good use on pvp, and good use on pve we have almost a better cc than the rogue ^^, and with judgements of the wise and the new judgement of wisdom we have a pretty good regen mana on the group.





    n.b : sorry for my bad english


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •