Page 1 of 2
LastLast

About Maelstrom Weapon

I was quite excited when I read about the Weapon Specialization talent, and fairly disappointed when I noticed it was gone... Perhaps too OP.

But now, I don't really know what to think about the replacement talent we got : Maelstrom Weapon. It sounds very good when I read it. It is basically gonna be a instant LB/CL/LaB every 5 to 10 seconds, but I am wondering about the role of windfury.

What will enhancement shamans put on their weapons? Will we prefer going for dual Maelstrom weapons, or stick with dual windfuries, or keep a windfury on main hand and a maelstrom on off hand?

I don't wanna get excited about a talent before knowing if it is any good.

Feel free to give me your thoughts about it, or informations you got if you're in the beta, I'd really like some feedback on this talent.

Thanks in advance

~Pway

Re: About Maelstrom Weapon

Mal weapon is a hidden effect, it isnt applied to a weapon like windfury is, so you can have windfury and still go into Malweap for teh extra effect

Yeah Mealstrom isnt a weapon enchant its like Flurry where when you crit it gives you a spell effect that lowers casting time and that effect lasts 15 sec.

Seems like garage. The loss of melee dps time from casting a LB wouldnt add up. Wasted talent points. :-\

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

Then officially this new talent makes up by far for the loss of Weapon Specialization. Instant Lava Burst with a flame shock on is made of win.

Let's pray for the spell hit cap to not make our instants always get resisted :P

Quote Originally Posted by Parkway
    Then officially this new talent makes up by far for the loss of Weapon Specialization. Instant Lava Burst with a flame shock on is made of win.
    Maelstrom weapon doesn't make your spells instant.
    *Maelstrom Weapon-When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you reduce the casting time of your lightning bolt, chain lightning, or lava burst spells by 4%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds.*
    GG

15+ Year Old Account

Let's pray for the spell hit cap to not make our instants always get resisted :P
    As long as you are at the melee special hit cap you should see very few spell resists because of the fact that they are rolling the two types of hit into just hit rating.

hmm, on wowhead it says that casting time is reduced by 20%, which is correct?

PS: crap... the only way it is for-when u get immobilized, you can cast something...

Quote Originally Posted by pandä
    *Maelstrom Weapon-When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you reduce the casting time of your lightning bolt, chain lightning, or lava burst spells by 4%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds.*
    GG
    that's 1/5

5/5 is 20% on each proc, stacks to 5 = 100% cast time

with that in mind I think the new raid spec will look like this: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hVchoZhxgcoxdIekgzio

My bad lol, sorry : x

GG
    Man seriously, learn to control your emotions. There's no need to be so arrogant when you reply to someone, specifically when you are the mistaken one.

Quote Originally Posted by druidiful
    As long as you are at the melee special hit cap you should see very few spell resists because of the fact that they are rolling the two types of hit into just hit rating.
    That is true, I forgot those stats were rolled into one. Thanks

Your spells will benefit from all your Hit Rating on gear, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. You might not be hitcapped, but it shouldn't be too bad.

GG
    4% per talent point, up to 20% at 5/5, stacking up to five times, resulting in a 100% reduction in casting time.

Which means instant cast Chain Lightnings (for AoE packs) and Lava Bursts. With LaB auto-critting if Flame Shock is up, that means auto-proccing Elemental Devastation enough to pretty much guarantee a 90%+ uptime for it. Lovely synergy right there.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

While looking for a 80 enhancement PvE build, I've noticed that nature's guidance had disappeared from the healing tree, has anyone else noticed?

Also, would anyone have a great build for Enhance PvE for lvl 70 (and 80 if you feel like it)

I'm raising an enhancement shaman, but this is my first DPS class and I don't know much about it.

Thanks

5/5 of the talent makes it 20% reduction stacking 5 times. this means an instant LB CL or lavaburst

With Elemental Devastation activating upon a spell crit and having the presence of a Fire spec Mage in a raid, we might do more damage with a new rotation. Maybe something like: Flame Shock - gcd - Stormstike - gcd - use up Maelstorm Weapon with Lava Burst - gcd - follow with Earth Shock.

Man seriously, learn to control your emotions. There's no need to be so arrogant when you reply to someone, specifically when you are the mistaken one.

That is true, I forgot those stats were rolled into one. Thanks
    Way to be a douche after I apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaga
    With Elemental Devastation activating upon a spell crit and having the presence of a Fire spec Mage in a raid, we might do more damage with a new rotation. Maybe something like: Flame Shock - gcd - Stormstike - gcd - use up Maelstorm Weapon with Lava Burst - gcd - follow with Earth Shock.
    I was thinking FS -> SS -> ES -> SS -> LB ->
    If you have 5 second shocks, you can seamlessly rotate FS, ES and Lava burst, and it's just a matter of slotting stormstrike in from there.

At last a DPS class which won't have a 1-Skill DPS rotation. Now personal preference, skill, rotations and good knowledge of the fights will play role in an Enhancement's DPS unlike Mages, SPriests, Destro Locks etc

What are everyone's thoughts on viability for leveling/pvp. If I understand it correctly, five crits is needed to get the instant Lava Burst (or Lightning Bolt, etc.). If we manage to get five critical hits with all of our damage potential, is anything left alive? As I don't play arena I can't speak for that, but I've never known a mob or BG player that if I managed to crit them five times they were still standing...

Raid is another story but wondering about those other two.

Edit: Misunderstood the post I quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gugna
    At last a DPS class which won't have a 1-Skill DPS rotation. Now personal preference, skill, rotations and good knowledge of the fights will play role in an Enhancement's DPS unlike Mages, SPriests, Destro Locks etc
    1 button shadowbolt was my preference
    This user has been banned.