Thread: Resto druids?

Resto druids?

Qualifications - I've never played a druid. I, in general, subscribe to the belief that druids are OP in game, right now. I have somewhat limited experience playing with or against druids in arenas.

That aside, I want to know from other people what their take is on the new resto talents. Personally, I look through the new resto tree and want to cry. As if druids don't keep themselves and their buddies up long enough all ready, now rejuv restores mana/rage/energy/runic power (even more endurance), ToL might be viable when there isn't a lock around (even more healing from the druid, and the druid is tougher), living seed provides STILL more healing... and gift of the earthmother? You've got to be kidding me.

The single most difficult thing in dealing with druids right now is that if they are out of CC for even a second or two, they all ready have a few hots up and so are still doing their healing job even if you get more CC on them right away. Now their primary arena heals are going to be on a 1.0s GCD (not factoring in spell haste!!) instead of 1.5? Seriously!

Am I just wowed by resto druid talents because I've never played one and so don't know how things really work in practice? I would like to think that I am, and that these prospective talents aren't as insanely OP as I feel they are atm... but at the same time, when I look at other healing trees I don't see NEARLY the kind of power than I feel I see in the druid's talents.

Someone enlighten me!

Re: Resto druids?

BUT ive also heard rumors that travel form will ONLY be castable while NOT in combat

nope available infight, BUT!!!! 13% of base mana, tree of life and bearform eveen 35%, this means aint got no more feral charge and swift as long as i want too... so they defintily get fuckin nurfed...
    YEAAAHH!!!! hate dr00ds...

No, you're right: their new talents are pretty crazy on paper.

Though there is also that whole Death Knights Screw HoTs thing to keep in mind, too.

Druid healer team vs. Death Knight dps team probably makes Druid healers go "!$@#"

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Druids aren't OP. They definitely shine in certain scenarios, but in the grand scheme of things it isn't the druids killing things before you have a chance to even play your character. They certainly don't have it bad, but to know nothing about them and yet complain about them is rather foolish.

You don't worry about running into resto druids when you are out doing your dailies, you probably aren't worried about the moonkin or the feral druid, so I'm not really seeing the problem. The new talents for all druid specs are a great addition to their fun style of play. Quit being a hater and if you think it looks so good to be a druid roll one. You have plenty of time before WotLK to level up whatever character you want. There will be plenty of people turning in their druids for death knights.

Ihope this isnt directed to me in any way? I have a 70 feral druid. O and 13% of base mana isnt anything for a resto druid. But it will certainly hurt feral druids in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    You don't worry about running into resto druids when you are out doing your dailies, you probably aren't worried about the moonkin or the feral druid, so I'm not really seeing the problem. The new talents for all druid specs are a great addition to their fun style of play. Quit being a hater and if you think it looks so good to be a druid roll one. You have plenty of time before WotLK to level up whatever character you want. There will be plenty of people turning in their druids for death knights.
    Of course I don't worry about running into resto druids while solo... they're healers. But the fact that they can't do leet DPS also doesn't mean that their heals aren't OP. As far as I can tell, druids heal as well as any other healer, or better... but do it without sitting still. And that is right now. Granted they have a counter-class in wrath, and are pretty subject to dispels/purges right now... but still.

And seeing as I'm a hater, why would I want to play a druid? Personally, the fact that I think druids are OP totally turns me off to them. I would never play a class that I felt was OP, and I will very rarely even consider playing a class that is especially popular/FOTM.

And as for people turning in druids for DKs? So will everyone else. So relatively speaking we'll see just as many druids a year from now as we do today.

Sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? If you have problems fighting resto druids, you probably have a leak in skill, talents, teamplay, setup, equip or strategy... but, as long as you say nothing about this, no one can say anything that helps?!

"Uhoh, resto druids are runnin' away healing instead of standing still and waiting to be killed"... this one is as good as the rogue/cat-team complaining in Blizzard-forum to remove the "wall bug" as opponents stick their back against walls and they can't attack them from behind for maximum dps-skillz. ;-)

But, all HoTs are *magic*... uuuh, Blizzard, give us something to handle those overpowerd magic... maybe stunlock, silence, dispell, fear, sheep, spellsteal, blind, seduce, freezing trap, aimed shot... just something, please... we can't handle those overpowerd healers. LOL ^^

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    Of course I don't worry about running into resto druids while solo... they're healers. But the fact that they can't do leet DPS also doesn't mean that their heals aren't OP. As far as I can tell, druids heal as well as any other healer, or better... but do it without sitting still. And that is right now. Granted they have a counter-class in wrath, and are pretty subject to dispels/purges right now... but still.

And seeing as I'm a hater, why would I want to play a druid? Personally, the fact that I think druids are OP totally turns me off to them. I would never play a class that I felt was OP, and I will very rarely even consider playing a class that is especially popular/FOTM.

And as for people turning in druids for DKs? So will everyone else. So relatively speaking we'll see just as many druids a year from now as we do today.
    So if resto can't kill anything they should also not be allowed to heal well? Sounds like you want it to go back to the days when a win for a druid was successfully running from a fight. At least at this point a druid can stick around and effectively heal their teammate. Hardly OP, and seems to be working from my stand point.

I love how non-druids complain only when they don't have a druid on their side. Think Druids are OP, roll one or get one on your team. Don't want one, then shutup. It's an easy problem to fix.

Pre-BC, as many people have mentioned, Druids were a free HK if they weren't running, so we perfected the art of getting the hell away from people out of necessity. Then BC came along and the advent of resil, along with the increase in stam on items and more effective HoT's, when combined with that keep-away attitude created the modern resto Druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Gotta stick up for the OP here a bit.

He did the right thing, and admitted ignorance. Seems to me he simply wanted someone more knowledgeable about the class to give him their opinion of resto druids new talents, and I see nothing wrong with that.

He did mention that in many ways resto is OP, and that may be a sore subject, but its certainly a legitimate claim, whether you agree with it or not, its up for debate.

Now OP, sorry, but I dont OP, but as a huge PvE resto druid, I can only say that I cant wait for the new talents. Think im going to have a lot of fun with them :-)

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elaphe
    Gotta stick up for the OP here a bit.

He did the right thing, and admitted ignorance. Seems to me he simply wanted someone more knowledgeable about the class to give him their opinion of resto druids new talents, and I see nothing wrong with that.

He did mention that in many ways resto is OP, and that may be a sore subject, but its certainly a legitimate claim, whether you agree with it or not, its up for debate.

Now OP, sorry, but I dont OP, but as a huge PvE resto druid, I can only say that I cant wait for the new talents. Think im going to have a lot of fun with them :-)
    Eh, it seemed more like a whine fest then an actual interest in druid talents to me. I'll happily discuss the talents though. From what we can see so far there won't be nearly as many 8/11/42 (or other feral charge) builds due to the relocation of feral charge to a 21 point talent. It seems to be the restokin is going to be the arena build of choice with folks being able to get the survivability of moonkin form and even picking up swiftmend. I don't think we'll see a lot of deep deep resto druids, but tree form seems to be looking a little better for arenas in non warlock situations. Flourish seems all but worthless for arena play, but will be a nice addition for raiding druids. Gift of the Earthmother although a nice talent really doesn't seem like a huge boost to PvP, but more of a nice PvE buff allowing druids to get more lifeblooms out there. Replenish is also a nice little addition to the resto druid arsenal, but once again I don't see this as being any sort of huge PvP advantage and really just a buff to PvE resto healing. Tree of life has some nice changes that should help in PvP provided there isn't a warlock to banish you. As a 41 point talent though it really should give the druid some sort of bonus for taking the talent. Currently any resto druids using it in arenas are probably just using it to avoid being sheeped.

I'm still not seeing what makes druids so over powered based on the OP. Sure they have some great heals and they can keep people alive. That's the job of the resto. It sucks if you play a class that just can't do anything about them, but the game isn't based around 1v1. There is a balance between PvE and PvP and if you need to bring someone along in PvP to help you kill resto druids that's just what you'll have to do. Rather then bitching and moaning when you know nothing about something maybe do some research and figure out their weaknesses and take advantage off them.

Yes you are right, resto druids will be alot harder to kill. Mostly becours of the new ToL that gives bearlike armor. We also get more healing spells some of wich are casted rather then hots, and why? Are druids not hard enouge to kill already?

TOO MANY WHINERS COMPLAINED ABOUT FERAL CHARGE.
    It's realy that simple, they took away any chanse of speccing resto with feral charge, they took away oure only interrupt and oure best escape too make us more like other healers (tanks that keep them selfs up with heals and dmg reduction, rather then avoiding dmg).

You asked for it, druids that don't get away so easy. They got some passive defense rather then ability to avoid dmg.

Using ToL also stops you from using cyclone.

I think people are moaning about the style of druid healing, because it is very pvp efficient, and pvp being all about survivabilty and mobility etc its the druid class that shines. I mean what do you want to happen, take away all their hots give them a few more castable heals and be like every other healer, that being said you would have to give them mail armor or something so they can take a beating in caster form, what with the hoT-->bear tactic gone...

I am interested to see the armored tree of life in arena, see if you can just stand there agaisnt melee and heal not kiting or anything :P

Improved Tree of Life had it's armor bonus nerfed, it'll still be good, but you're not going to be a Dire Bear with healing.

Resto Druid will be much more manageable in Wrath of the Lich King than it is now in small scale arenas. Between revised talents from other healers, the assuredly popular Death Knight class and the now extremely bottom heavy Resto tree, that's a given.

But what it loses in those situations, it gains back in 5v5 and PvE. Druid probably walked away with the most polish for sure. Blizzard altered exactly the points that needed to be altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Caedus
    Ihope this isnt directed to me in any way? I have a 70 feral druid. O and 13% of base mana isnt anything for a resto druid. But it will certainly hurt feral druids in pvp
    thats a typo as almost all wotlk talents and skills have do u recall shamans thunder knocking somone back 2000 yards? 13% and 35% is going to be changed

Not being afraid of a moonkin druid in world PvP (I guess that was what you were talking about). Are you kidding me? As a good geared balance druid I can tell that I can burst down someone to 40% HP or less without them even hitting me. The rest is you can figure out on your own.

Concerning Resto druids in arena I would say that druids will still shine in 2vs2 as long as they don't go up against a DK+healer. Does anyone know how much their corrupt will lower the effect of the hot?

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

Quote Originally Posted by Caedus
    wont hurt feral druids in full pvp gear much either, a feral druid in full s3 and vindactor shit has about 8k mana, in brutal and guardian even more, i myself got above 7k now

If shapeshifting still hurts your mana pool get the trinket from bwl i think it is^_^

This is what iam interested in trying for PvE and Arenas

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000