Spell Power and Healing

Anyone have an idea how this is going to work?

Is 1 SP = 2 healing. Or are we only going to have an much + healing as a lock has +dmg in the same gear.

I thought that it might be something like priest 1 SP=1.5heals +0.5 dmg, just been trying to figure out how this is going to work.

thoughts?

Re: Spell Power and Healing

They said the 1 SP is going to equal 1 healing, but healing spells are going to receive more of a boost from +healing. So right now say greater heal gets 100% of your healing, in WOTLK it might get 150% so you will have a lower +heal number but you will still heal how you are supposed to.

Healing spells have a higher coefficient than damage spells.

So, what about a priest? Does spell power count full both for healing and damage? Because that doesn't seem in keeping with Blizzard's previous philosophy that healing gear should provide some damage, but less than dedicated gear.

I had thought it was supposed to be managed by talents, but that didn't bear out with the alpha information. Maybe there'll be a separate respec for damage/healing that changes how the coefficients apply?

Ok lets say you have 100 spell power on a priest. Greater heal gets 150% coefficient making it 150 healing basically. Now it is still 100 damage so it is actually a buff to healers so that they will have more damage in healing gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurte
    Ok lets say you have 100 spell power on a priest. Greater heal gets 150% coefficient making it 150 healing basically. Now it is still 100 damage so it is actually a buff to healers so that they will have more damage in healing gear.
    Its not a buff in damage at all because the coeffecient is still base.
    So for instance an item that WAS 25 spell damage and 75 plus healing the item is still gonna be a base of 25 spellpower. So then the base would be 150% for the plus healing of the 25, but the damage is still 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxi
    Its not a buff in damage at all because the coeffecient is still base.
    So for instance an item that WAS 25 spell damage and 75 plus healing the item is still gonna be a base of 25 spellpower. So then the base would be 150% for the plus healing of the 25, but the damage is still 25.
    But is that on a basis of class or spells? Will Mind Blast always get just the regular spell power, where a warlock spell might get 150% or so? It seems like someone is getting screwed there, either the healer/dps classes for having a fixed low damage coefficient, or the damage classes by comparison with a healer that gets full benefit for both healing and damage.

basing on some screens of pre-wotlk items on wowhead it seems that current +healing and +spell dmg will be replaced with spellpower on pre-wotlk items with following forumla:

spell dmg item: 1 spell dmg -> 1 spellpower
    healing item: 2 healing -> 1 spellpower
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

im new to priest currently re-rolling from rogue for WOTLK, but from a nubs point of view doesnt this mean u can use 1 set of gear for both shadow and holy spec? so u can dual role if needed/wanted to??

i heard they are also thinking of having a dual talent build that u can swap between rather than havin to respec for raids/arenas/heroics/anythin else.every night/week.

id be interested in others thoughts cause if this was the way, kinda suits me fine i love doin heroics but always find it hard to find healin or tnaks on our realm.

Quote Originally Posted by bravefish
    im new to priest currently re-rolling from rogue for WOTLK, but from a nubs point of view doesnt this mean u can use 1 set of gear for both shadow and holy spec? so u can dual role if needed/wanted to??

i heard they are also thinking of having a dual talent build that u can swap between rather than havin to respec for raids/arenas/heroics/anythin else.every night/week.

id be interested in others thoughts cause if this was the way, kinda suits me fine i love doin heroics but always find it hard to find healin or tnaks on our realm.
    To some extent you will have the spell power, however the gear is also still specific. Ie your spellpower gear which as a healing priest you would want is spellpower, spirit, mp5. A dps class would want the gear with spellpower, spirit, crit, hit.

I've heard the dual spec theory too. Believe it was a blue quoted during wwi, however, no further news has been sent. I dont think you'll be able to switch specs willy nilly with the above mentioned problem. Most classes will still need hit and crit or spirit and mp5.

1154 spellpower (1392 shad) on beta with my shadowpriest with my pve dps set , i cast a renew on a friend, => 656 heal per tick

not bad for a 5/0/56 template at 70 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sedrik
    1154 spellpower (1392 shad) on beta with my shadowpriest with my pve dps set , i cast a renew on a friend, => 656 heal per tick

not bad for a 5/0/56 template at 70 ^^
    This is what is probably even nicer as SPriest. As we all know we are able to survive in SF for a long time without casting a "real" healing spell. However, there are times and places where the best thing you can do is cast a heal. Wether is renew or FH.

As disc priest you dont have alot of +healing or +dps talents (like holy, for healing, % wise)

If a Spriest and D(isc)priests have the same Spell power. With "spellpower" DPriests and Spriest should (in theory) heal the same (what isnt the case now since a Dpriest would have more healing instead of lower +dps/healing)

CONCLUSION: If the same spell power increases both healing and dps with the same numbers. a Spriest could heal fricking awesome outside SF. It should be the same as a Disc priest should heal. To be honest, that is a bit unfair/weird/(what ever suits you).

I know Spriest arent suppose to cast healing spell, but it can affect the game if you are able to heal yourself quickly in a urgent situation or maby even some one else.

I have been a Shadow priest for well, pretty much 3 years (have been holy back in the old days (mc,bwl,ZG etc etc)

Being able to make a big heal as shadow F T W

Quote Originally Posted by Cattack
    CONCLUSION: ... It should be the same as a Disc priest should heal.
    Don't count on it.

They still keep a +Healing stat and a _ Damage stat

This has been a message from the future
    Don't look at me like that! Your Imp stood in the fire!

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 04:31:19 pm »

was it really necessary to revive this thread...?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

Thank you, space man.