Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    shadow priest spec and such

    assuming mana is NOT an issue, i was thinking this might be a decent spec. if not then the good ol' 14/0/57 would be better.

    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVM...ZGcfMowzcVqVzi

    Also, twisted faith says it increases MF/MB 5% for each shadow DoT on the target. This would include devouring plague, and make them buffed 15% for the duration, correct?

  2. #2

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    That's not bad. You sacrifice some dps more more mana efficiency and raid utility (although people will definitely bitch at you for not having imp spirit! lol).

    I personally don't believe that mana will ever really be too much of an issue for spriests with imp spirit tap + meditation + pain and suffering (not having to cast our most mana intensive spell anymore ftw) + shadowfiend will provide more than enough mana to remain constantly casting pretty much indefinitely. Plus, if the encounter calls for you to run around at particular times, then you can pop dispersion (after a mindblast/swd combo to hopefully proc imp spirit tap) and regen a hefty portion of your mana pool whilst having your dots tick in the background.

    Basically, I think http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfVowzcVqizAo will better in basically every aspect. Let a disc priests pick up imp divine spirit for the raid.

    Cheers!

  3. #3

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    going for this1
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...12305150501351

    i also can try that1
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...10305150501350
    but i'm not quite sure about it :P
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

    [blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens.* [/blizzquote]

  4. #4

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    i think you definately wanna shadow affinity and imp VE now for pve bringing some extra utility. I think thats the main reason SP:s are so wanted in sunwell is the VE and heal it offers

  5. #5

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceko
    leaving out the things that i've been waiting for for 2 years of pve, pushbackresistance
    i would go for 1/2 imp VE and 2/5 focused mind just to get that
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

  6. #6

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    Also, twisted faith says it increases MF/MB 5% for each shadow DoT on the target. This would include devouring plague, and make them buffed 15% for the duration, correct?
    Correct, they get the extra 5% for the duration of devouring plague being on the target (24 sec every 3 min)
    80 Druid, 84 Priest, 85 Death Knight, 85 Mage, 76 Shaman, 85 Warrior, 70 Warlock, 70 Paladin

  7. #7

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    This is going to be my spec, for maximum dps.

    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bE0hzhZZGcfmowzcVqVzAo


    PS. Divine Spirit is a waste IMO, this will be my build for raiding, so I wont need to have Divine Spirit or Imp Fort because I will receive these buffs from the other priests.

  8. #8

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    That's fine except ditch 3 points in unbreakable will and put them in imp. shadowform and 5/5 Imp. MB.

  9. #9

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Winks
    That's fine except ditch 3 points in unbreakable will and put them in imp. shadowform and 5/5 Imp. MB.
    We'll see how the rotation goes, as of right now unless you have over 260 spell haste 5/5 MB is a waste of a talent point because it over laps with Mind Flay. Imp shadowform not nessecary. It's basically just a Shaman's earth shield. Not worth the talent point unless your pvping. The % added to resist fear, and stun will benefit more than being able to cast without interruption every 30 seconds for 300 mana.

  10. #10

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    We'll see how the rotation goes, as of right now unless you have over 260 spell haste 5/5 MB is a waste of a talent point because it over laps with Mind Flay.
    Don't forget the new Wrath of Air totem. That's 10% or 157 "free" spell haste (lvl 70 value). And having 5/5 imp. MB before 260 spell haste is in fact a dps increase. (higher if you can reliably clip MF after the 2nd tick from time to time)
    Imp shadowform not nessecary. It's basically just a Shaman's earth shield. Not worth the talent point unless your pvping.
    Same goes for 9% silence/stun/fear resist, and the pushback-protection is probably better from a PvE standpoint, though it depends on raids at 80.
    than being able to cast without interruption every 30 seconds for 300 mana.
    .

    Yeah, it's World of Vaguecraft (in tooltips), but the pushback is inherent in shadowform, you don't have to be faded to use it.

  11. #11

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMhzhZZGcfwowksVqVzio

    only 2/3 pain and suffering, 66% chance to refresh sw should be enough with how often it is cast. if you really care about not taking 20% more dmg from sw:d, take the 3rd point.

    also, silence is kinda nice to have, but that's just a personal thing >.>

  12. #12

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Winks
    Don't forget the new Wrath of Air totem. That's 10% or 157 "free" spell haste (lvl 70 value). And having 5/5 imp. MB before 260 spell haste is in fact a dps increase. (higher if you can reliably clip MF after the 2nd tick from time to time)
    Same goes for 9% silence/stun/fear resist, and the pushback-protection is probably better from a PvE standpoint, though it depends on raids at 80..

    Yeah, it's World of Vaguecraft (in tooltips), but the pushback is inherent in shadowform, you don't have to be faded to use it.
    Trust me, It's not. My dps stays the exact same on Brutallis whether I have 4/5 or 5/5, meaning that the extra point is a waste.

    And yes, I use MB the split second it becomes available. It is, in fact, NOT a dps increase to have the extra point without 260 haste (I think its 260, its somewhere around there, been a while since I read the post).

    And I didn't realize that Imp Shadowform was inherent with the pushback resistance, if it is, I will deffinitely have that talent.

  13. #13

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Winks
    Same goes for 9% silence/stun/fear resist, and the pushback-protection is probably better from a PvE standpoint, though it depends on raids at 80..
    From my point of view, from looking at the new talent changes and all the raid healing incoming, I'd say there is going to be alot of AoE damage that would push back your spell casting so Improved Shadowform is absolutely needed unless you liked Reliquary of Souls phase 2 - Essence of Desire and the constant spell pushbacks.
    Also if you're comparing the 70% chance to resist pushbacks improbed shadowform to the 30% chance of resistance of pushbacks from Earth Shield, I don't know what's going on your head if you haven't already figured out this is the ultimate talent we've been needing.

    If you're a full PvE shadow priest then I'd suggest you go for this spec to maximize your damage output and your effiency on 25-man raids.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?priest...
    The unspent three (3) points are for Improved Vampiric Embrace+Shadow Weaving or Silence, only if Pain and Suffering does what it seems to read, that it refreshes the duration of Shadow Word: Pain, and propably not letting it take the last tick. This talent would render Shadow Word: Pain useless unless you wish to stand and count the exact time between every Mind Flay, counting spell haste and it wouldn't work as it would last less than three seconds to channel Mind Flay before the next one and not letting SW:Pain tick.
    Also Shadow Word: Death is already doing abit too much damage but the healers will have to surive it because SW:P > SW.
    Also it hasn't really been a problem now either unless you know when to and when not to use it (Shadow Word: Death).

    Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    Also, twisted faith says it increases MF/MB 5% for each shadow DoT on the target. This would include devouring plague, and make them buffed 15% for the duration, correct?
    This is correct. Well, atleast on paper as Devouring Plague is a shadow spell and is a damage over time effect.

    And for those thinking of Dispersion as a bad talent for PvE, it's not. 3 minute cooldown that gives 60% of your health and mana back, it's a nice "OH SHI!" talent for PvE and PvP as it reduces _all_ damage taken by 90%. This talent will remove the use of Mana Potions for Shadow Priest and let us use something more dps effective, like Destruction Potions.

    Also, as for Unbreakable Will, it has always been a rather not needed talent in Discipline tree in my opinion, as if you wipe the raid cause you were stunned, the one who accused you for that already failed, shadow priests never had a role on anything that could possibly get messed up by silence, stun or fear (If you're not undead you already fail PvE shadow priest wise).

    Quote Originally Posted by Winks
    Don't forget the new Wrath of Air totem. That's 10% or 157 "free" spell haste (lvl 70 value).
    Guilds that give a shadow priest a shaman cause of the damage upgrade intentionally, really need to learn how to optimize their raids abit better since shadow priests obiously aren't the key dps in the raid. It's okay if a shaman is given a shadow priest for mana though.

  14. #14

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    Correct, they get the extra 5% for the duration of devouring plague being on the target (24 sec every 3 min)
    I saw a post in the Blizz priest forums from someone in Beta saying that as of now DP wasn't increasing damage.

  15. #15

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Trust me, It's not. My dps stays the exact same on Brutallis whether I have 4/5 or 5/5, meaning that the extra point is a waste.

    And yes, I use MB the split second it becomes available. It is, in fact, NOT a dps increase to have the extra point without 260 haste (I think its 260, its somewhere around there, been a while since I read the post).
    In a stand still and shoot with 0 lag, it's not a dps increase, but in 'real world' situations, it is.&#160; (especially in fights with pushback).
    Guilds that give a shadow priest a shaman cause of the damage upgrade intentionally, really need to learn how to optimize their raids abit better since shadow priests obiously aren't the key dps in the raid. It's okay if a shaman is given a shadow priest for mana though.
    The new Wrath of Air totem is raid-wide~
    I saw a post in the Blizz priest forums from someone in Beta saying that as of now DP wasn't increasing damage.
    It seems that because it's a disease (rather than magic) it doesn't work.

  16. #16

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Vesard

    Guilds that give a shadow priest a shaman cause of the damage upgrade intentionally, really need to learn how to optimize their raids abit better since shadow priests obiously aren't the key dps in the raid. It's okay if a shaman is given a shadow priest for mana though.
    you heard about this whole, totems affecting the whole raid thing, right?
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

  17. #17

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic
    you heard about this whole, totems affecting the whole raid thing, right?
    Aye must have forgot that change.
    But I was thinking about the situation of the time right now while writing that one.

  18. #18

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Winks
    In a stand still and shoot with 0 lag, it's not a dps increase, but in 'real world' situations, it is. (especially in fights with pushback).

    No, it's not. Trust me. I've read this and tested it myself. It is NOT a dps increase.

  19. #19

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    No, it's not. Trust me. I've read this and tested it myself. It is NOT a dps increase.
    I'm absolutely fine with you disagreeing with me. I'll just enjoy my (self-tested and verifiable) higher dps.

  20. #20

    Re: shadow priest spec and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Winks
    I'm absolutely fine with you disagreeing with me. I'll just enjoy my (self-tested and verifiable) higher dps.
    Lol whatever you say, wallow in your ignorance idc.


    PS. Just know whenever another Spriest inspects/armories you, they lol @ your spec

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •