1. #1

    Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    So, after reading abit about this whole stat merge coming to us in wotlk(melee crit = spell crit and the awesome spellpower---> healing power conversion mostly) i was day dreaming about how awesome enh shamans are going to be.

    Your usual T6 quality enh shaman is running around with about 30%+ melee crit, and so about 25% spellcrit in wotlk, and with over 2500AP with totems, buffs and unleashed rage, which in turn translates into 800+ spell power,
    and asfar as i understand the new way spellpower--->healing works is by multiplying the spell power by about 2 (i am unsure about the exact numbers and would b glad if someone with a bit more knowledge could shed some light), so based on my somewhat crooked math an ENHANCMENT shaman could b running around in wotlk with over 2K healing and 20%+ spellcrit in his melee DPS suit!

    and that coupled with our "travel form", maelstorm weapon and the fact we can now go deeper into the elemental tree, due to the removal of the hit talent from resto, means an enhancment shaman could take eye of the storm and b an effective offhealer and "magical nuker" in arena or world pvp.

    (this is by the way all about PvP as i do not like PvE).

    would just like to hear what u guys are thinking about these changes and ofcourse someone to fix my shity numbers .

  2. #2

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Now:
    1 base stat/any rating costs 1 stat point
    1 spellpower costs 6/7th of a stat point
    1 +healing costs 5/11th of a stat point
    1 spellpower also gives 1 +healing

    WLK:
    1 +damage costs 6/7th of a stat point
    1 +damage also gives 1,8857 +healing (66/35 too be exact, or 6/7 over 5/11)

    And I just need to warn you:
    crit from agility has been reduced (you need 60% more agility for the same crit) but you get 1 AP from agi (and only 1 from str).
    But more importantly ... crit from agi, does NOT give spellcrit. Nor does crit from int give melee/ranged crit. only crit rating works both ways here.
    As far as off-spec abilities go, I guess it's not totally out of the question, but
    * you don't have any resto talents to give you any boosts as to mana efficiency or actual healing done
    * You also don't have any real 'magical nuker' talents
    * 10% of your spellpower relies on you to have crit with melee in the last 10 seconds
    * Eye of the Storm still only works on being crit, usually something you try to avoid. And it's still dispellable AFAIK so you'll be lucky if you get a single cast off.

    It's a nice idea and it does open up some hybridism, but don't expect too much from it. You'll just be healing for more and do more magical damage, but that's it.

  3. #3

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Well, there are a few talents that indirectly boost mana efficiency if you gear properly. There is the one talents that is essentially lightning overload but for heal crits.

    Ancestral Awakening: When you critically heal with your Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave, you summon an Ancestral spirit to aid you, instantly healing the lowest health friendly party or raid target within 40 yards for 60% of the amount healed.

    That keeps you from having to constantly spam heals on everyone in the event that things start going badly.
    Also:

    Tidal Waves: You have a 100% chance after you cast Chain Heal to lower the cast time of your next two Lesser Healing Wave or Healing Wave spells by 30%, and your Healing Wave and Lesser Healing Wave spells gain an additional 25% of your bonus healing effects.

    More health per heal = higher HpM. So that helps a bit.

    Also, I got lost lol, thought I was in a shaman healing thread, haha, no one can spec deep enough to get these talents and still be enhancement. So ignore me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

    I like that word... e-bajango

  4. #4

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmo
    Also, I got lost lol, thought I was in a shaman healing thread, haha, no one can spec deep enough to get these talents and still be enhancement. So ignore me.
    oneof those posts where you wish you'd read the end bit last and saved urself a whole lotta head scratching.


    on topic ofc, if ur gearing for enhancement i.e ap>spell dmg etc etc, why would you want to be casting unless you really had to (aside from maelstrom weapon), esp with new trave*cough*ghost wolf meaning u won't be standing around liek, ever. hydrid speccs are a thing of the past, all this spell power change etc gives is a little more scope for offspeccs to heal them selves and for healers to actually be able to grind/look after themselves in pvp, i really wouldn't look too hard into building speccs around this change.

  5. #5

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Quote Originally Posted by sahria
    oneof those posts where you wish you'd read the end bit last and saved urself a whole lotta head scratching.


    on topic ofc, if ur gearing for enhancement i.e ap>spell dmg etc etc, why would you want to be casting unless you really had to (aside from maelstrom weapon), esp with new trave*cough*ghost wolf meaning u won't be standing around liek, ever. hydrid speccs are a thing of the past, all this spell power change etc gives is a little more scope for offspeccs to heal them selves and for healers to actually be able to grind/look after themselves in pvp, i really wouldn't look too hard into building speccs around this change.
    what im saying is, that even with a full enh spec and gear u could still throw a few nice heals while being kited\focused.

    i see it as a very nice change to how enh will work in arena.

  6. #6

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    the buffs to enhance, are so amazing, and all created to scale better than most abilities in the game. enhancement shaman will overall scale better than any other class at 80.

    and i think their dps is going to flat out scary with the synergy with elemental, as well as the instant lavaburst over a flame shock proccing elemental devestation every time.

    keep in mind, enhance shamans will get both windfury totem and flametongue, since they're not weapon buffs. additionally, int turns into AP, and we're getting GOA and SOE at once (which fills the gap created by the str changes, and then some). with weapon specialization, axe spec is going to be the only way to go because shaman are going to be melee crit gods. I can see enhancement easily maintaining 60% crit when fully epic'd out.

  7. #7

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    And I just need to warn you:
    crit from agility has been reduced (you need 60% more agility for the same crit) but you get 1 AP from agi (and only 1 from str).
    Did I miss something ? Sham are going to get 1AP/agi point ? (Where did you see this ?)
    If true, it will suck a bit, I'm not going to fight against rogues and hunt to get my stuff ...

  8. #8
    The Patient Lylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    201

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Quote Originally Posted by Recom
    Did I miss something ? Sham are going to get 1AP/agi point ? (Where did you see this ?)
    If true, it will suck a bit, I'm not going to fight against rogues and hunt to get my stuff ...
    ....

    Blizzard have already said they want Enhancement Shamans to share loot with Hunters. Reducing the amount of loot overall is only a good thing. Also when specced correctly, Shamans will get 1 AP from STR/AGI/INT, so you really shouldn't be sharing any loot with rogues - only Hunters. Which given the number of Enhancement Shamans/Hunters in your usual groups/raids is really quite fair.

  9. #9

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Quote Originally Posted by Lylz
    ....

    Blizzard have already said they want Enhancement Shamans to share loot with Hunters. Reducing the amount of loot overall is only a good thing. Also when specced correctly, Shamans will get 1 AP from STR/AGI/INT, so you really shouldn't be sharing any loot with rogues - only Hunters. Which given the number of Enhancement Shamans/Hunters in your usual groups/raids is really quite fair.
    Well ok never seen that but i trust you.

    Is it going to be the same for pal and war ?

  10. #10

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Quote Originally Posted by Recom
    Well ok never seen that but i trust you.

    Is it going to be the same for pal and war ?
    Plate is going to stay as Strength -> AP, mail will be agi/int

  11. #11

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    Ok thanks for this

  12. #12

    Re: Merging of stats and the Enhancment shaman

    As stated by the second poster, ONLY crit/hit/haste RATING from gear will work both for Spells and Melee. Crit gained from Agi will not count for spellcrit. Not to mention that the coefficient is going down from AGI to CRIT in WotLK. You will not have 30+% Spellcrit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •