Efficiency of New Ranks of Heals?

Looking at the new ranks of Healing Wave (data stolen from Wowhead), they're... special. The other big heals are included for comparison.

Priests' Greater Heal rank 7, trained at level 68, heals for an average of 2590 at the cost of 825 mana, resulting in a HpM of 3,14.
    Priests' Greater Heal rank 9, trained at level 78, heals for an average of 4270 at the cost of 1290 mana, resulting in a HpM of 3,31. The mana cost is increased by 65%, and the end result is a slight increase in efficiency.

Druids' Healing Touch rank 13, trained at level 69, heals for an average of 2952 at the cost of 935 mana, resulting in a HpM of 3,16.
    Druids' Healing Touch rank 15, trained at level 79, heals for an average of 4768 at the cost of 1400 mana, resulting in a HpM of 3,41. The mana cost is increased by 50%, and the end result is a slight increase in efficiency.

Shamans' Healing Wave rank 12, trained at level 70, heals for an average of 2285 at the cost of 720 mana, resulting in a HpM of 3,17.
    Shamans' Healing Wave rank 14, trained at level 80, heals for an average of 3250 at the cost of 1600 mana, resulting in a HpM of 2,03. The mana cost is increased by 122%, resulting in effiency that's lower than what LHW has currently.

Similarly, Lesser Healing Wave goes from 2,53 HpM to 1,78 HpM. Earth Shield goes from 3,6 HpM to 1,98 HpM. The same goes for ranks learned between 71 and 79.

My question now is, well, lolwut?
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Re: Efficiency of New Ranks of Heals?

This may just be a bug, and the total amount healed may be lowered, or the mana cost may be raised. The other alternative is that this is real. If this turns out to be holding true, maybe blizzard is trying to step away from the huge mana pools. A T6,lvl 70 shaman has nearly 13k mana if he doesn't gem for extra int. If we compare the change from 60 to 70, then apply it from 70 to 80, then well geared resto shaman are ganna be somewhere around 20 thousand mana, which seems almost ridiculous.

Paladin's Holy Light and FoL are showing similar losses in mana effeciency as the Shaman heal is showing.

you dont know what the coefficients have changed to or the benefit received from healing with the new spellpower changes.

additionally, with the changes allowing elemental focus to proc off heals, and the very crit centric nature of the high end talents, shamans have nothing to worry about regarding mana efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    you dont know what the coefficients have changed to or the benefit received from healing with the new spellpower changes.

additionally, with the changes allowing elemental focus to proc off heals, and the very crit centric nature of the high end talents, shamans have nothing to worry about regarding mana efficiency.
    Read the talents again, Elemental Focus does NOT proc off healing spells.

So if parent is right, it's a huge nerf to single target healing spells.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Until we know exactly how Spell power works its a bit early to work out what the HpM are. Still I think it is very clear that healing is going to be quite different in WotLK
    How much naar, could a naargaar naar, if a naargaar could gaarnaar

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    Read the talents again, Elemental Focus does NOT proc off healing spells.

So if parent is right, it's a huge nerf to single target healing spells.
    direct from mmo's patch notes:

Elemental Focus (Restoration): Now also can proc off Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave, and can be used on all healing spells.

unelss they've changed this, since the day the beta notes were released from.

Which they did.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

priests r9 gheal was like 1,7k mana or something before they changed it. im sure they will fix palas and shamans mana cost of heals to something more appropriate very soon.

I haven't looked into the numbers but what is the difference in HpM for Chain heal for shaman?

As for pallies, last I saw they were going to get a free instant Holy Light when Holy Shock crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    Which they did.
    Yeah, I just had a friend check the talent in game.

There's too many inconsistencies on the websites.

Either way, without knowing the coefficients, its literally impossible to say. High end resto is very crit reliant imo, and single target heals are going to rule the roost with no improvements to chain heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat

Shamans' Healing Wave rank 12, trained at level 70, heals for an average of 2285 at the cost of 720 mana, resulting in a HpM of 3,17.
    Shamans' Healing Wave rank 14, trained at level 80, heals for an average of 3250 at the cost of 1600 mana, resulting in a HpM of 2,03. The mana cost is increased by 122%, resulting in effiency that's lower than what LHW has currently.
    With Tidal Waves Healing Wave will get 25% more bonus healing which should help mana efficiency however that means to be efficient with healing wave you have to spec into Tidal Waves and you have to interlace chain heal and healing wave, this wouldn't be a problem if chain heal had a new level to it but as it stands it wont even be getting the full benefit of bonus healing. I can imagine going OOM very quickly in arena as it stands, 2 quick and efficent LHW (assuming the buff isn't dispelled) then sit their draining your own mana or try to get another chain heal off with people interrupting.

Earth shield also will have an extra 25% if you spec correctly and will have an extra 2 charges so should still be pretty efficient.

Don't forget that depending on how you spec. resto shamans will have Improved Shields and Improved Water Shield, these will (should?) help our mana regen.

water shield is just a solution for lack of spirit/int based mana regen for shammies.
    and as someone already said, changes in healing and mana costs of those spells will most likely occur
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

you guys should not be getting bent out of shape on this yet, the xpac is only in first stages of Beta, there are going to be many changes happening over the next couple months, and as long as i can keep outhealing the preists and pallies in my guild i dont really care

--------------------------------------------------
    Oh, please, are you implying that the majority of players on WoW are young, immature ... whiny ... um........ SHIT!