Poll: Which do you think is better? The old Arcane talents, or the new ones?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcane Talents Changed.

The old talents: http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?mage

The new talents: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talents2.html

I myself think the newer set of talents is much better.

There are some changes in the Arcane tree for WoTK. Most notable being Missile Barrage. I think it sounds cool.
    Also 6% more haste is kinda nice too, though it could mess up your rotation if you lack hate/have too much haste.

I also think http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

would be a good spec with the new talents. This means that 15% of the time you will be casting Arcane Missiles. (This means AM might be viable for PvE raiding if the mana isn't too high etc). Also, with Arcane Barrage every 3 seconds, it may seem that Frostbolt may not really be needed as much. Except for the times that you need to reset the debuff/while you have AP up, but not much mana. That's why I didn't both with 15% less mana for Frostbolts.

6% spell haste is also nice. Which makes an Arcane Blast 0.09 seconds faster casting time, when it's at debuffx3. And of course reduces the length of the GCD. 6% is a fair amount if you ask me, since a lot of Mages in TBC went for 20% because it made Fireballs 2.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds.

Anyways, as the topic says, which talent tree was better off for Arcane? The old one? Or, the new one?

Discuss. Go, go!
    I put 3/3 into Blizzard, but I don't see the company improving.

Re: Arcane Talents Changed.

im really not sure...i think i prefered the spirit to crit talent

Oh yes. Good point! We no longer get crit for having spirit. I didn't even notice. That sucks. Haha. It's not that big of a deal though. At least I don't think.

assuming your stats will roughly double from t5/6 to t8/9, it was adding up to about 5% more crit...Gotta look into the way blizz is looking for the arcane tree spell rot.

Also, if you're pve arcane i dont see using any other tree now. 71/0/0 ftw? arcane barrage is going to replace scorch/fireblast's place in the rotation.

edit: Maybe its just me, but the raiding mage is going to get migraines on keeping up this new spell rot considering all the spell haste, 15% chance to haste your missles. When your rotation got messed up in the past, it wasted so much good dps to get it back on track. That goes for moving fights too...

I do like arcane flows. Also it seems weird having this random 10% increase to a stat even past arcane mages didnt look into.

Yeah, I was thinking myself you might as well go full Arcane. Because if your casting Arcane Missiles 15% of the time thanks to Missile Barrage, you might as well have your Arcane Missiles not interrupted.

I think perhaps http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

would be good.

Edit: Agreed. Haste was always a problem when it came to an Arcane Blast rotation, always trying to get the 1.5 cast for all most no mana. While at the same time still casting spells to not lose DPS. I can see how it will greatly effect rotations. Though, I can only assume the best thing to do would be to get enough haste to make it to fit the rotation. I.E 4-5 frostbolts instead of 3. Also note that it says your next Arcane Missiles will be a 1.5 second cast. So, you get to choose the time that their launched. So, you could have done Arcane Blastx3, then Arcane Barrage. Get the proc, cast Arcane Missiles, and still have time to keep the debuff up, before it falls off. Or you could be casting Arcane Blast/Arcane Barrage, and have it proc, and just use the 1.5 Arcane Missiles whenever you feel is the best time.

Edit again: So yeah, if you could get 14% more haste, your frostbolts would be 2 seconds, and thus you could use AB just as you finsh the 4th Frostbolt, completing your rotation successfully.

pretty much

PvE specs will be like 52/0/19

Its going to have to rely on the Missile Barrage proc to make it effective.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

TBH arcane has never been a serious spec to take, you took it for the Evocation before that was trained, and the Clearcasting untill Icy Veins was released. I dont see why Blizz seem to be trying so hard to make it a more viable spec when there is massive improvments to the Fire and frost tree that needs doing.

I like your spec Auren. I know with Missile Barrage, Arcane Missiles is only a 1.5 second cast. Though, with your spec if you were hit, while channeling the 1.5 second cast, it wouldn't be good.

I must be blind but WHAT are you talking about? I dont see anything new. ???
    Desktop Rig: Intel i9-10850K, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgloom
    I must be blind but WHAT are you talking about? I dont see anything new. ???
    If you take a look at the old link, and the new link, then look at both Arcane trees, you'll notice some changes.

new one is quite good, but i would want to see how many mages actually goes for arcane at 80...

Quote Originally Posted by Terrormage
    If you take a look at the old link, and the new link, then look at both Arcane trees, you'll notice some changes.
    I still can't see anything new, im seriously getting paranoid

Whats changed? Someone said about the spirit to crit being removed but for me its still there??

I guess you can't see anything new Nightgloom =/

This is what it looks like now.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...er8/Arcane.jpg

Jizziee, I will most likely be Arcane at level 80. I enjoy Arcane much more than the other specs. It's much more fun than spamming Fireball or Frostbolt.

Edit: I wish you could see the new/changed talent Night. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Terrormage
    I guess you can't see anything new Nightgloom =/

This is what it looks like now.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...er8/Arcane.jpg

Jizziee, I will most likely be Arcane at level 80. I enjoy Arcane much more than the other specs. It's much more fun than spamming Fireball or Frostbolt.

Edit: I wish you could see the new/changed talent Night. :P
    Hrm, thats really odd ???

Anyway, what are the other changes than Missile barrage? I see at least a few new icons, whats after Arcane power for example?

I got it working now! Had to do ctrl+f5, normal f5 wouldn't do it.

Must have had the old page in cache or something :

Haha, that's good to hear.

lol now i noticed it, they changed nethering precense to spell haste... /dumbass ..
    pretty good, but for pvp dont really expect arcane be working.. we'll see

Hmm, interesting. Tho I was personally really hoping for the instant cast proc to stay - even tho its there in a way in missile barrage's form.

Now I'm just waiting for same kind of review on fire & frost trees :P

Heh, It's possible that Arcane might be useable in PvP. If you weren't targeted in 5s you could deal some massive damage fast. Say, if you had Missile Barrage proc'd. You could go Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, Arcane Missiles (1.5 seconds from Missile Barrage), and then Arcane Barrage. I think that would be some insane damage in a short time. But, only if you could survive to do it, haha.