pet talent calculator

RIDiculous ... you know... like ridicule.
    not REDidculous.

Re: pet talent calculator

I am confused. We get 16 pet talent points. The bottom tier of the pet talents require 20 points to be spent in that tree. I am no math genious, but that doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon24
    I am confused. We get 16 pet talent points. The bottom tier of the pet talents require 20 points to be spent in that tree. I am no math genious, but that doesn't add up.
    It is a tooltip bug in the beta, and wowhead used it. They should fix that soon, there is like 3-4 topics about it on their forum
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

THA3L47

Quote Originally Posted by nikon24
    On the bottom right corner, there is an option to add 5 points from the BM talent.

So I'm guessing BM-spec'd hunters are able to obtain the last tier abilities

THA3L47

Oh and I like the Ferocity spec for PvP. I just don't see Tenacity working for PvP and Cunning just doesn't appeal to me as much as Ferocity does.

I did however make a spec for all of them except Tenacity because it just doesn't work imo (All PvP):

Ferocity - http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=0Vbc0fcdsz
    Cunning - http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=ccdc00IbMr0o

are these talents in addition to or instead of the training points they use now?

Quote Originally Posted by THA3L47
    On the bottom right corner, there is an option to add 5 points from the BM talent.

So I'm guessing BM-spec'd hunters are able to obtain the last tier abilities
    Which will make the 51 point talent worth having for BM (the extra 5 points). Now if only someone will tell me what exactly is an "exotic" pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    It is a tooltip bug in the beta, and wowhead used it. They should fix that soon, there is like 3-4 topics about it on their forum
    i'm pretty sure the more 'power' that beast mastery provides is from the final tier of the pet talent tree... meaning you need the talent to get the 5 points to reach the last tier of the pet's tree... the best talents that the pet can have.
    not REDidculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellstrom
    Which will make the 51 point talent worth having for BM (the extra 5 points). Now if only someone will tell me what exactly is an "exotic" pet.
    Seeing as Blue actually call it a different "class" of pet, I wonder if it would not have to be under beast family. The best case scenario is you get to tame anything with a beating heart and a pulse. I do hope you can tame a dragon of some sort... or maybe the critter cockroach. That would totally make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by battierpeeler
    i'm pretty sure the more 'power' that beast mastery provides is from the final tier of the pet talent tree... meaning you need the talent to get the 5 points to reach the last tier of the pet's tree... the best talents that the pet can have.
    Or maybe it's just so the BM hunter can have all 3 of those special abilities while another Hunter can only have 1

different pet "families" can use different talent trees and I guess that only bm can get the final 1s

Anybody agree that the Pet talent trees seem a bit lame?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

it would have been nicer if you got to select your pet's tree.

it doesn't sound like that much of an improvement over the skill points system. although no more gaining loyalty to get points... and pets level up to 5 levels below you instantly when you tame them... so i guess the process has been made easier.

i don't like the resist changes. now you can talent for pets to take less damage from schools of magic. i gave my pet high shadow and frost resist so it doesn't get rooted or feared.

my cat can train charge now which is kind of cool i guess.

overall, the pet gets a pretty nice final talent that we can give it by way of speccing into our final talent in the bm tree. if the calculator is right, we only get to pick 1 final tier talent out of the 3 in each tree... so you get to pick from 9 different final talents to best go along with your play style. adds a little uniqueness. hopefully i can dump more focus too. my pet can not burn its focus fast enough right now... i always feel it is wasted potential.

could they have done this better? probably. is it a change in the right direction? i say yes.
    not REDidculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellstrom
    I want a Druid like my exotic pet!! :

Hunters get to solo 2v2 arena via taming MS warrior?

MS warrior bestial wrath GO

well i was wrong. what would be the point to get the last bm talent if my pet tree looks like this? http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=0md00scz0hoo

extra hp/armor/resistances? pet self rez/pet self heal? these don't really seem worth it to me.

the self rez i kind of want because then i don't have to use my mana but the health is usually a non-issue as it's almost full at all times from chain heals.
    not REDidculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MistiQ
    I want a Druid like my exotic pet!! :
    I'm so gonna tame me a Bear for Swipe anyway, gonna name him the same as a Feral Druid friend.
    Hope he gets one of those Glyphs that change him into a Polar Bear though, they look much 'cooler'

depends on wat u want your pet to do

for me im gonna have
    1. PvE tank bear for farming --> http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=0R0G0rMzbzo
    2. one PvE full dps raid cat.. that would be..-->http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=0mbz0rc0zhoo
    3. a pvp pet most likely a ravager for the stun

and if there are more pet slots im so trying out the utility tree though i dont think it will fit with my SV spec.. dps all the way ftw!!

let me just say that also.. a tanking bear.. is just INSANELY GOOD!! wthell +16% stam,+16% bonus armor, and + 4%hit and +6% dodge? WHAAAAAAT?!?!?! and wat about the insane roar of sacrifice? dear god bear tanks are gonna be great!

and initially i wouldnt have taken the Call of the Wild Talent and just put it into the pet revive one without sacrificing 3% dmg becos of the crappy range but this new buff is insane...

but still as mentioned many times.. these are just BETA and all u can do now is speculate and pray for the best. hopefully these changes will stay because daaaaamn..... thats gonnabe the sex

well i was wrong. what would be the point to get the last bm talent if my pet tree looks like this? http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=0md00scz0hoo

extra hp/armor/resistances? pet self rez/pet self heal? these don't really seem worth it to me.

the self rez i kind of want because then i don't have to use my mana but the health is usually a non-issue as it's almost full at all times from chain heals.
    i would actually take out 1 from spiked collar into blood thirsty. think about it.. opportunity cost! suppose your pet doesnt get its heals.. that means 2 things:
    1. you have to mend pet thus wasting more mana
    2. your pet dies..even with the free rez.. the chance of it dying again on a boss fight may still occur and if so you have to rez it and so you waste even more mana rezzing it.