Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sollution for Alt-BGs?

Hey there,
    eversince season gear has been available for honor I often get pissed at some people in the BG who join with their full green geared alts.

Why? Because it's the easiest way to get gear by far. I myself own a mage (main) and a alt pally. Although I like playing with the pally it's more fun BGing with the mage and I gain much more honor.

So, to get to the point: Why cant I transfer honor from my mage to the paladin? People would rather go in BGs with their mains than their alts (for pure honor farming), their better gear increases the chance of winning. To prevent honor-selling honor transfers should only be possible between chars of the same account (the chars should be the same lvl too).

imo, this would make BGs more "geared" and therefore more fun due to the bigger challenge (where's the fun in ganking greens)

whats your opinion?

Re: Sollution for Alt-BGs?

The reason for making an alt is diversity of play, doing this your would mean that you have to spent even more time on your main to gear your alt. Which is inlogical to me.

Fun in bg is meeting different geared people, some easy to kill some hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Boter
    The reason for making an alt is diversity of play, doing this your would mean that you have to spent even more time on your main to gear your alt. Which is inlogical to me.

Fun in bg is meeting different geared people, some easy to kill some hard!
    Exactly.
    The fun is in playing new things, different styles, earning your gear.

Yet more grinding with your main, doesn't make that fun.

Quit QQ'ing!!

I bet you didnt level your alt to 60, before any of the new quests.

I leveled 3 chars to 60 pre tbc, and it SUCKED and it was LONG, blizzard is already becoming a hardcore CAREBEAR CLUB!

Just suffer and play and pay monthly and give blizz more money...its the cycle of life
    “Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work”

"Power of Water, Wind and Earth, send the fire back to it's birth. Raise a spell to shield the flames, by the power that I have tamed"

As much as I would love to transfer the 75k honor I have saved on my 49 twink to my main so that I wouldn't have to suffer through L70 pugs ever again, thats exactly the reason why I think this change will never be implemented.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bolts
    75k honor I have saved on my 49 twink
    SS or it didn't happen.

Also, if you do have that much, why not start buying some of the gear you'd need at 70, then bg more, and get all of the gear you'd need then "twink" at 70 (not sure if buying them at level 49 works)?

Honestly, lower level twinks seem to only be for people who either cannot handle level 70 pvp or just like to overpower people with no skill involved. You'd probably at least get some challenge in higher level BGs, or even arenas.

Downward comparison is powerful. I love that just can't be bothered to twink. Thus I just wtfpwn in random BGs with my S3/S4 gear. So where is the difference? In terms of gear gap, the difference is often not that big actually, there are several twinks usually for all brackets.

As much as it sucks being pwnd in 10-19 Bgs when you want some fun while grinding your levels, its the same when you enter lvl 70 BGs and a S4 warrior twoshots you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    SS or it didn't happen.

Also, if you do have that much, why not start buying some of the gear you'd need at 70, then bg more, and get all of the gear you'd need then "twink" at 70 (not sure if buying them at level 49 works)?

Honestly, lower level twinks seem to only be for people who either cannot handle level 70 pvp or just like to overpower people with no skill involved. You'd probably at least get some challenge in higher level BGs, or even arenas.
    Running ST on the main for some guildies atm, so, if you actually want a screenie, you'll have to wait a bit.

As far as 70 being challenging, the only challenge is not killing myself out of boredom and not killing my PuGs out of frustration. Arena isn't anything near what I enjoyed about PvP back at level 60, which is what I found to be fun. 49 BGs are the closest I've found to how I remember 60 pvp.
    Before you ask, yes, I have played 19s, 29s, and 39s as well, and the only time I ever seriously arena'd was back in Season 1. Now, if I play 10 games a week, alright, if I don't, no big deal. I've got my 4/5 S3 and thats plenty good enough for whatever I need to be doing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert
    Downward comparison is powerful. I love that just can't be bothered to twink. Thus I just wtfpwn in random BGs with my S3/S4 gear. So where is the difference? In terms of gear gap, the difference is often not that big actually, there are several twinks usually for all brackets.

As much as it sucks being pwnd in 10-19 Bgs when you want some fun while grinding your levels, its the same when you enter lvl 70 BGs and a S4 warrior twoshots you.
    Yeah, but there is a difference in making spreadsheets and gear lists and spending hours and tons of gold trying to get the perfect twink gear, and just afking through AV for 2 weeks and being in full S2 and vind/guard. I have a twink, a hunter, and although I enjoy him, if he ever got that much honor, I'd level him very quickly, because 70 Arenas is where the real competition is (and occassionally 70 bgs)

15+ Year Old Account

As far as 70 being challenging, the only challenge is not killing myself out of boredom and not killing my PuGs out of frustration. Arena isn't anything near what I enjoyed about PvP back at level 60, which is what I found to be fun. 49 BGs are the closest I've found to how I remember 60 pvp.
    Which is, as has been said many times, a lot of people in some pvp gear or lower gear and then people in T2/T3 1 shotting people, which is I am assuming the enjoyment that you are getting from twinking. 1 shotting people with less gear than you. If anything good has come out of the welfare epix system, it is that, that gap is not so huge between the massively hard core and "casual" meaning you may actually have to have some skill to kill an inexperienced person in full welfares.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    Hey there,
    eversince season gear has been available for honor I often get pissed at some people in the BG who join with their full green geared alts.

Why? Because it's the easiest way to get gear by far. I myself own a mage (main) and a alt pally. Although I like playing with the pally it's more fun BGing with the mage and I gain much more honor.

So, to get to the point: Why cant I transfer honor from my mage to the paladin? People would rather go in BGs with their mains than their alts (for pure honor farming), their better gear increases the chance of winning. To prevent honor-selling honor transfers should only be possible between chars of the same account (the chars should be the same lvl too).

imo, this would make BGs more "geared" and therefore more fun due to the bigger challenge (where's the fun in ganking greens)

whats your opinion?
    you act like people don't get almost auto t6'd when a high end guild needs that class/spec

I have 5 70's, and one that is in the mid 60's. I don't really like PvP with my main, nor do I like it with my Priest, or even my 3rd 70. My Moonkin is who I like PvPing with, and I personally wish I could transfer the Arena points I got on my Warrior (main) and my Priest so that I would be done, or near done with getting the arena points required for my Moonkin to buy all the S3 gear (I got the S4 gloves, and S2 shoulders in the last couple days).

What I personally hate are the people who will make fun of me on my Moonkin for having crappy gear, and then go about chasing people on the roads of AB, or somehow having 1 Horde take the flag out from under 10 Alliance all sitting near the Stables in AB..yet somehow it's my fault because I have bad gear, but I'm able to guard a flag with another guy against constant rushes at Lumber Mill..yet 10 guys can't seem to hit someone trying to grab a flag.

I'm sorry that you suck so bad at the game that the only thing you can do is whine at people that don't have the degree of welfare epics that you have. Yes, I am getting welfare epics myself, but I am earning those welfare epics by not being completely terrible at the game. I did PvE enough to buy out all the blue PvP vendor items, and now I have the S2 staff, S2 shoulders, S4 gloves, S3 ring..and I think that's it so far..but at least I am trying to win.

There's more to BGs than killing people. Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, and Eye of the Storm are more about DEFENSE than it is about all out OFFENSE. Killing people won't win AB or EotS when you are too stupid to hit the guy creating red swirlies around the flag, or if you are too terrible at EotS where you are running off on your own somewhere and dying, or fighting to the north of the flag between the two bases.

In other words..

LESS QQ MORE PEW PEW.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paranitis
    I have 5 70's, and one that is in the mid 60's. I don't really like PvP with my main, nor do I like it with my Priest, or even my 3rd 70. My Moonkin is who I like PvPing with, and I personally wish I could transfer the Arena points I got on my Warrior (main) and my Priest so that I would be done, or near done with getting the arena points required for my Moonkin to buy all the S3 gear (I got the S4 gloves, and S2 shoulders in the last couple days).

What I personally hate are the people who will make fun of me on my Moonkin for having crappy gear, and then go about chasing people on the roads of AB, or somehow having 1 Horde take the flag out from under 10 Alliance all sitting near the Stables in AB..yet somehow it's my fault because I have bad gear, but I'm able to guard a flag with another guy against constant rushes at Lumber Mill..yet 10 guys can't seem to hit someone trying to grab a flag.

I'm sorry that you suck so bad at the game that the only thing you can do is whine at people that don't have the degree of welfare epics that you have. Yes, I am getting welfare epics myself, but I am earning those welfare epics by not being completely terrible at the game. I did PvE enough to buy out all the blue PvP vendor items, and now I have the S2 staff, S2 shoulders, S4 gloves, S3 ring..and I think that's it so far..but at least I am trying to win.

There's more to BGs than killing people. Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, and Eye of the Storm are more about DEFENSE than it is about all out OFFENSE. Killing people won't win AB or EotS when you are too stupid to hit the guy creating red swirlies around the flag, or if you are too terrible at EotS where you are running off on your own somewhere and dying, or fighting to the north of the flag between the two bases.

In other words..

LESS QQ MORE PEW PEW.
    And that is what I said is one of the good things, by adding more resilience readily available to people, it comes down more to skill, rather than idiots overpowering others for the hell of it, like it is in twinkville.

And that is what I said is one of the good things, by adding more resilience readily available to people, it comes down more to skill, rather than idiots overpowering others for the hell of it, like it is in twinkville.
    You seem to be working under the assumption that when I queue for WSG its me and 9 L40 nontwinks fighting 10 L40 nontwinks, because I'm obviously the ONLY person in the entire US Cyclone Battlegroup who twinks 49s, and as such, I never fight other 49 twinks.

Also, because you asked for it

http://i33.tinypic.com/2mhx253.jpg

15+ Year Old Account

Very cool, still say you should buy level 70 gear with it and enter competitive pvp though.

And no, I am not suggesting that there are 9 level 40s, but I bet the majority of them (and I know this, because I am in BG9 with my twink) even if they are level 49, are not twinks.

Nice reply :P

Very cool, still say you should buy level 70 gear with it and enter competitive pvp though.

And no, I am not suggesting that there are 9 level 40s, but I bet the majority of them (and I know this, because I am in BG9 with my twink) even if they are level 49, are not twinks.
    I don't see why you keep saying twink pvp isn't competitive. I love to play against other twinks.

I also don't see why so many 70 pvpers feel the need to tell twinks how they ought to play the game. We don't go around telling you that twinking is the only way to play.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not talking to all twinks, but the one who has spent enough time in twinkville that they have 75k honor, and am merely suggesting that, that amount of dedication to pvp would be better suited in the 70's bracket, which for the most part, tends to be more competitive and challenging.

I'm not talking to all twinks, but the one who has spent enough time in twinkville that they have 75k honor, and am merely suggesting that, that amount of dedication to pvp would be better suited in the 70's bracket, which for the most part, tends to be more competitive and challenging.
    I already addressed this. I don't find 70 pvp challenging, its just too terribly boring.

edit - This is what I call challenging - http://i36.tinypic.com/dwc0np.jpg - Cyclone Horde against Bloodlust Alliance on PTR. I didn't take this screenshot, but I was in the game (someone on PTR got my name :'( )
    Games like that one are when I really enjoy twinking.