Deathknight Spec & Spell Rotation

First of all, I know there are lots of threads about Specs, but in none of them, the Spell Rotation is discussed with the Spec. And with the Specs posted, there's no saying of where to start in the Spec, so I'll post that too.

First the Spell Rotation:
    Since we got 2/2/2 i'm thinking we're gonna use a bit of all, so the rotation looks like (assuming we had a fight just before):

(The Time is for Runes) Deathcoil (Runic Power)
    (00:00.0) Plague Strike (1 Blood & 1 Unholy)
    (00:01.5) Blood Strike (1 Blood)
    (00:03.0) Icy Touch (1 Frost)
    (00:04.5) Icy Touch (1 Frost)
    (00:06.0) Deathcoil (Runic Power)
    (00:07.5) Death Strike (1 Unholy)
    (00:10.0) Blood Strike (1 Blood)
    (00:11.5) Waiting 0.5 Seconds to Plaguestrike Debuff go away to refresh it.
    (00:12.0) Plague Strike (1 Blood & 1 Unholy)
    (00:13.5) Icy Touch (1 Frost)
    (00:15.0) Icy Touch (1 Frost)
    (00:16.5) Deathcoil (Runic Power)
    (00:18.0) Death Strike (1 Unholy)

Atm i don’t know how long a fight will take, so you might want to end the fight with Death Strike Debuff for extra Health.

Now the Spec I have in mind and the why behind every Talent:

Unholy:
    3/3 Improved Deathcoil - We’re using Deathcoil as a starter.
    2/3 Vicious Strikes - Because of Plague Strike in the rotation.
    5/5 Ravenous Dead - For the Strenght, which gives us Attack Power.
    5/5 Necrosis - For bypassing the Armor and for a bit of extra Damage.
    1/1 Shadow of Death - For the fun of ressing as Ghoul and the Strenght.
    3/3 Improved Plague Strike - Because of Plague Strike in the Rotation.

Blood:
    2/2 Butchery - Runic Power for the next mob. (Pulling with Deathcoil)
    3/3 Improved Blood Strike - Because of Blood Strike in the Rotation.
    5/5 Bladed Armor - Extra Attack Power.
    3/3 Death Rune Mastery - Because we use all the runes.
    5/5 Dark Conviction - For the Critical Chance of cause.

Unholy:
    2/2 On a Pale Horse - We will do a lot of running, and 20% Mount Speed is a lot.
    5/5 Impurity - For extra damage to all our abilities.

Frost:
    5/5 Improved Icy Touch - Because of Icy Touch in the Rotation.

Unholy:
    3/3 Vicious Strikes - For the Plague Strike.

(Looks like this Deathknight Spec at level 59)

Please say if I made a mistake in the Spell Rotation

Now, comment and post some other Specs please

Ahildan

Re: Deathknight Spec & Spell Rotation

Pretty nice ^^

Would be great with some alternatives..
    I see a lot of people posting Deep Frost, Blood and Unholy Specs (In other threads) and i fail to see which abilities you can possible use effectively with the Runes locked to 2 Frost, 2 Unholy and 2 Blood..
    Could somebody please enlighten me ?
    (At least about Blood being the best leveling Spec)

This is the spec I'd probably be using as of level 70 for levelling. I'm basing off level 70 because you've acquired all your abilities at that point. Obviously at lower levels you have to change things a bit such as substituting Death Strike for Degen as you did in your original post.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

I don't think Imp Icy Touch is worth it unless you're going full frost.

Soloing:
    Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> Degen -> Obliterate (Bloodstrike/Icy Touch before you get Oblit) -> Death Coil

Grouped with even one additional DK:
    (I can't be sure, not having actually been able to play one yet, but I'm guessing that Blood Strike is going to be more efficient if there's more than one stack of diseases up.)

Cycle 1:
    Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> Degen -> Blood Strike -> Icy Touch -> Death Coil
    Cycle 2:
    Icy Touch -> Blood Strike -> Degen -> Degen -> Blood Strike -> Icy Touch -> Death Coil

Also, in your rotation you waited for the plague strike disease to wear off before reapplying, I wouldn't do that. The disease does not tick for nearly enough to justifying wasting time when you have the runes up.

I see your point about Icy Touch, so as an afterthought, i'll replace it with 3/3 Veteran of the Third War and 2/2 Vendetta.
    I actully like the spec you posted, but i don't understand why you picked Epidemic? And why Sudden Doom, i see Crit on Deathcoil fine, but the Runic Power cost less..? What should we use Runic Power for then?

I changed it a bit, removing Scent of Blood (It's not that often that Mobs around your own level crit), Sudden Doom (I can only see half of it working, so i prefer what i changed it too), Might of Mograine (Nice talent though) and removed 1 point in Subversion. Additionally i moved Epidemic to Improved Deathcoil and added Improved Plague Strike, On a Pale Horse, 3 in Impurity and Unholy Rune Mastery.
    (Yours and Mine)

I guess it's a bit about taste

Nice with some feedback anyway

Gah, i want to make my own spell rotation, or at least try one...go go opt-in invites!

Well, i can't play Beta.. But it's fun trying to come up with that stuff

zadok0

You actually want to spam Deathcoil whenever it becomes available assuming you aren't blocking an other ability using runes. Runic Power is easily generated and Deathcoil almost becomes available within the first 3 opening strikes without any starting Runic Power.

Quote Originally Posted by zadok0
    You actually want to spam Deathcoil whenever it becomes available assuming you aren't blocking an other ability using runes. Runic Power is easily generated and Deathcoil almost becomes available within the first 3 opening strikes without any starting Runic Power.
    So what you're saying is, that everytime after i used a few (3?) Runes i can use Deathcoil?

zadok0

Just about, though I don't think its about the amount of runes used, but rather each ability has a set runic power return.

Sounds cool, then the Spell Rotation will be changed, to whenever you can use Deathcoil, do it.. Which leaves us with no actual rotation, just a priority.. Sounds fun 8)

zadok0

Might also want to open with Icy Touch. Long range and allows for the Plague Strike and Blood Strike during the cooldown.

I really don't know what to do with Death Coil until I actually have my hands on a Deathknight and can see what the runic power generation is like. I'm pretty sure that you're going to want to get all the runes on cooldown before you resort to it, except possibly frost depending on how icy touch damage compares to death coil. Also, in a group situation you'll want to get up a full runic power DRW (if you have it) as soon as the tank establishes a good aggro lead.

Scent of Blood is on hit, not on crit. Epidemic would be good for raiding, so you don't have to reapply Plague Strike as often, but for levelling, yeah those points would be better spent in Imp Death Coil.

My Tank is a DK Frost. This site is pretty good for a good start lots of useful info and instead of telling you how to plays gives you the tools to learn how to play.

http://www.squidoo.com/ThatTanksthecake

This is a almost 1 year old thread... why oh why do you reopen it? :S
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!