Thread: Mages in WotLK

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mages in WotLK

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Is it just me or have the mages gotten very few good things from WotLK so far?
    I've been following WotLK since F&F Alpha, and been very excited, but the talents and new spells just kinda killed it...

Am i the only one feeling like this, or are many of you other mages here also sitting with the same feeling? :-\

Re: Mages in WotLK

There are quite a few topics like this around on many forums. It's not just you.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Ah, ok sorry for posting another thread of same type then. But really, I just hope they realise that we would need a few buffs in the patches following WotLK release.

Abit like they realised Feral mangle in Bearform was op in BC and changed it ^^

Oh it's definitly up in the air right now.

Played a mage since original beta up until about 3 months into BC. Rerolled, and havn't looked back.
    Just havn't felt any strong buffs headed there way for a while now since Iceblock.

Hopefully the new talents will bring something new to the table, or prove to be more efficient then what the beta testers are posting
    Horde
    80 Shaman, 80 Death Knight, 70 Warlock, 70 Hunter, 70 Mage
    Alliance
    80 Rogue, 70 Mage

Well, i really hope living bomb will be buffed in damage abit, cause if it is, then it would be a nice addition to AoE damage output

But i will be off for some hours ^^. Gonna play abit of wow.

- ZeroFlame

Had to chuckle a bit at your name there, Rasmus! ;D

Anyways... If they actually decide to go through with the Living Bomb idea, they need to at least do something about how it works. The only use I can see with this spell is if you get into close combat in PvP (which does happen quite often), you AoE in close range with this and AE, or boosting a friend. But with the amount of damage it does right now, it's just not worth it. That, along with the mana cost. That coupled with the riskyness of using it close to mobs and melee-PvPers as Mages are quite squishy as it is. But maybe if you used it timely with Shatter Shield (look at the Wowhead WotLK site and look for Shatter Shield if you don't know what it is), you could rack up some nice damage along with making the enemies around you immobile/stunned/ignited which might give you a small advantage.

I hope they actually consider changing it for something else, though. Maybe they could make Living Bomb a trainable talent or not a 51-pointer, but with a cooldown added because of that. But it's still useless if it doesn't do decent damage.

Well, i actually don't mind Living Bomb. I think it will be used also in PvE aswell as PvP. Cause if it's damage gets raised abit (Of which i hope.) it would be a fine addition to use while casting Arcane Explosion.

Had to chuckle a bit at your name there, Rasmus! Grin
    And yes... My name is kinda silly, but "Balle" is sadly my middle name xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmusballe
    Well, i actually don't mind Living Bomb. I think it will be used also in PvE aswell as PvP. Cause if it's damage gets raised abit, it would be a fine addition to use while casting Arcane Explosion.
    Yep, that's true. However, with it's current mana cost and damage, it's simply not worth it. That, and the aggro will be colossal.

And yes... My name is kinda silly, but "Balle" is sadly my middle name xD
    Oh snap, that must suck... But luckily, not everyone knows what that is.

Well, i just hope it gets changed.
    I must say i had hope for something more usefull in PvE in the fire tree, since i use a arcane/fire spec for raiding in TBC and most likely will in WotLK too.

As a 51 talent, I would have loved something like a summonable Phoenix instead of a yet another AoE in fire.
    But i guess i will wait and watch what will happen with it. ^^.

However i think, the most needed fix atm is the terrain bug with blink. xD

But im gonna go to bed now. Cya tomorrow

- ZeroFlame

a Phoenix as a fire spec pet would be awesome. What if you summon a phoenix that is like Kael's which does like a LB effect, and that way you could send it into the mobs on AoE pulls where it does it's own damage and uses its own mana pool. That way they could hold onto this silly LB idea that have and not make us waste mana on it.

I would rather prefer a Phoenix pet that we would have control of. Like the water elemental.

Then instead of frostnova it should have dragon's breath or something like that.
    Now THAT would be cool. :P

i was thinking something like kael's pheonix in magister terrance....

comes with a permanent aoe and egg mode....
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

No pets. I didn't roll a Warlock, I rolled a MAGE. Bump up coefficients, give us more synergy (hoping Winters Grasp turns out well), do SOMETHING about Arcane, but for the love of god no pets.

Just make it a buff/debuff you can cast on someon.

Put it up on a tank or a mob
    Would be cool if the mob could get agro that way now that's AOE farming
    -The world has moved on-

Not QQing here but I really don't like the direction of this class and the new talents. Arcane finally looks like fun but I won't know that until I either get in beta or release. Seeing as frost and fire both have rather shitty PvE 51 Point talent we may see a return to elemental mages with this frostfire bolt business. Because looking at both trees, I do not feel like speccing deep into either tree.

If frostfire bolt does indeed benefit from talents used in the fire/frost trees then it could be quite a powerful tool with an elemental build but yeah. Just my thoughts, I don't like how mages are turning out.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    No pets. I didn't roll a Warlock, I rolled a MAGE. Bump up coefficients, give us more synergy (hoping Winters Grasp turns out well), do SOMETHING about Arcane, but for the love of god no pets.
    Amen brother. I already didn't like having to adapt to the water elemental even though it is an amazing pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silebak
    I think those who crying about mage just dont know how to play good as mage, and i realy dont think so that skilled mages going on forums and Q_Q about class.
    Bet you neither raid (Kara is not raiding) nor play a mage...
    /thread

While it is true 99% of mages are horrid in pvp, the class does have some serious problems and wotlk isnt looking too good atm.

Shelved my mage a few weeks ago till they address some issues.

15+ Year Old Account

Why mages Q_Q... in pre-tbc they owned, in tpc they were pretty good too, they have a lot of spells, and in wotlk they still got some spells but all started cry.
    I think those who crying about mage just dont know how to play good as mage, and i realy dont think so that skilled mages going on forums and Q_Q about class.
    roflmao... yea, all the other classes have all of their prewotlk skills and spells removed from game, good for us that we can keep em !! ;D

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Why mages Q_Q... in pre-tbc they owned, in tpc they were pretty good too, they have a lot of spells, and in wotlk they still got some spells but all started cry.
    His logic is flawless.

Lol make a Mage and level him to 70 not lvl 10 and come back and tell a mage why they should not be complaining about crappy damage compared to other classes.....
    Kthnxbai.