Question for the holy pvp pallys

Ive been seeing people say that SoL pallys are gonna be the new pvp healing spec, and im just wondering why?

You seem to be sacrificing the 6% less dmg RF talent, as well as 30% stun resistance, a 30 second HoJ, and Divine Guardian. Is a hot that can be dispell and only works on crits gonna be worth getting completely locked down by rogues still?
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Khody

Re: Question for the holy pvp pallys

Either way, we get pretty locked down. Atleast with this spec due to our high grit chance we can ensure that the hot will be up most of the time while we are getting shut down.

the sheath of light healing over time dosent stack, it's completly useless as holy.

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Lori
    the sheath of light healing over time dosent stack, it's completly useless as holy.
    Hahaha. Have fun sitting in those 1500's come WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    Ive been seeing people say that SoL pallys are gonna be the new pvp healing spec, and im just wondering why?

You seem to be sacrificing the 6% less dmg RF talent, as well as 30% stun resistance, a 30 second HoJ, and Divine Guardian. Is a hot that can be dispell and only works on crits gonna be worth getting completely locked down by rogues still?
    Problem with most of the perks in prot are they all mostly dispellable. RF gets eaten, purged, dispelled and is very expensive to reapply. It's no longer 30% resistance, its 30% duration. I've honestly never stuck Imp HoJ in any of my builds even in my current 41/20 holy prot spec. Just gets resisted too often. Divine guardian will likely only see one use per match and how long its even up will depend on if theres a priest around. If your bubble goes pop so does this talent.

Anyways, it's not just about the HoT on Sheathe, by going down ret you'll pick up conviction which will directly help you with illumination regen, and more crits = more HS crits = more insta-HLs. Not to mention the judging talents from early ret has great synergy with the deep judging talents in holy.