Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Kick off global cooldown

    I think this change is very good. I always used to say that rogues were basically fine and if I were to find a change (besides lolvanish) it would be with kick and taking it off the GCD like a mage and counterspell. I'm very happy to see this change. It was quite annoying having to slow my DPS when expecting a heal soon, and hope I don't trigger a GCD by the time i kick.

    For example, fighting a shaman, it's imperative to stop him from healing, but if I use a special attack as he begins casting a heal, by the time I can kick his heal goes off and I kick him without interrupting anything.

    Well deserved change imo. Warriors, too, will be happy.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Mortisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Same country as Radek Zelenka
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic
    I think this change is very good. I always used to say that rogues were basically fine and if I were to find a change (besides lolvanish) it would be with kick and taking it off the GCD like a mage and counterspell. I'm very happy to see this change. It was quite annoying having to slow my DPS when expecting a heal soon, and hope I don't trigger a GCD by the time i kick.

    For example, fighting a shaman, it's imperative to stop him from healing, but if I use a special attack as he begins casting a heal, by the time I can kick his heal goes off and I kick him without interrupting anything.

    Well deserved change imo. Warriors, too, will be happy.
    Rogues deserve to be buffed.
    /sarcasm off

    I wish they remove GCD from warriors' pummel.

    "Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

  3. #3

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia
    Rogues deserve to be buffed.
    /sarcasm off

    I wish they remove GCD from warriors' pummel.
    they did remove gcd from warriors pummel. I hope earthshock is next in line.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

  4. #4

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia


    I wish they remove GCD from warriors' pummel.
    Gj at not reading, they did take pummel of the gcd.

  5. #5

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    they did remove gcd from warriors pummel. I hope earthshock is next in line.
    would be a bit OP considering that earthshock does some nice dmg.and ppl will start using it for dmg

  6. #6

    Re: Kick off global cooldown


    Nice change but again a nerf to all casting healers. :<

    don't get me wrong its totally ok but classes like warlocks and druids won't care and they are the unbalanced "caster"classes imo...

  7. #7

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    great change, makes the game more reaction skill based. Hope this trend continues Reactionairy abilities that dont do much if any dmg, should all be off the gcd to let you react to your opponent. kick, vanish, clos, paly bubble, iceblock, pain suppression, tremor totem, to name a few.


  8. #8

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    I don't really think it's a fair change. It's not hard to lock down a caster as a rogue. Between kick, gouge, kidney shot, and deadly throw rotating through cooldowns, it's impossible to land a cast.

    And from a rogue's perspective, this takes some of the little skill involved in playing a rogue out. When fighting rogues, you can always tell which ones know what they're doing, and which are just mindlessly spamming hemo and burning cooldowns. Whether or not they can consistently land kicks is one of the things that sets a good rogue apart from a bad rogue. Dumbing down a class to further improve it, while already being extremely strong is a waste of time imo.

  9. #9

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Ya, honestly when I played a rogue, I never really thought this was a necessary change, with a 1 second GCD and a ton of other tools to take care of casters, you shouldn't have a problem in PvP or PvE. As a warrior currently, this is a much welcomed change. The amount of difference from a 1.0 GCD to a 1.5 GCD when it comes to interrupts is HUGE.

    In places like Mechanar, trying to interrupt the big mech guys fist cast is a royal pain with a 1.5 sec GCD as a furry warrior.

  10. #10

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    To be honest take also the energycost from Kick... im always unlucky with my energy that needs to tick. But with the new energyrefund it should be better

  11. #11

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    take manacost and gcd from earth shock 2.

  12. #12

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Uhm I don't know if this sounds such a good idea since rogue already has 1 second gcd in all their skills for some odd reason. Other's will have to stick with the 1.5sec gcd excluding druid in cat form, and shaman totems.

    But it will propably happen sooner or later anyway.

  13. #13

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    Nice change but again a nerf to all casting healers. :<

    don't get me wrong its totally ok but classes like warlocks and druids won't care and they are the unbalanced "caster"classes imo...
    lol yeah, especially when it comes to rogues


    This post caused a high amount of sarcasm.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

  14. #14

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora
    To be honest take also the energycost from Kick... im always unlucky with my energy that needs to tick. But with the new energyrefund it should be better
    Also take GCD off of all caster spells and reduce cast time of each spell by 1 second atleast. Also cut mana cost by half. Im always unlucky with my mana that cant tick but always goes down.

  15. #15

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by kilssii
    take manacost and gcd from earth shock 2.
    and damage, then it will be fair.

  16. #16

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar
    would be a bit OP considering that earthshock does some nice dmg.and ppl will start using it for dmg
    It's already used for damage rotations.
    And it's also on a 6 sec cooldown.
    So it wouldn't affect that much, just makes it easier to do a rotation.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  17. #17

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    pve wise a huge help
    would love to see swiftmend off the gcd too, but yet again it would affect pvp and therefore never happen ^^

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Darkjounin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the mountains
    Posts
    528

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Finally I can take out these Resto shamans that spam Lesser Healing Weave..

    GCD, and then when I use Pummel, it's already done and they have started with next Lesser Healing Weave, and by some reason, my pummel must have landed just between them.. ;/ This was needed
    Hoiy kille ignata skee!

  19. #19

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalu
    and damage, then it will be fair.
    shamans are already forced to use rank 1 in arenas because of mana issues, so you're not really scaring any shamans by suggesting that the dmg is removed completely at the trade of no gcd.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

  20. #20

    Re: Kick off global cooldown

    take earth shock off GCD plx, I mean what's unfair about 1k hitting counterspell without GCD =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •