Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wheres the mana talent?

Blizz said non holy pallies would not need intellect on their gear in WoTLK because ret and prot would have talents that added to their mana pools based on other stats. Well, we got the +spell power in each, which is good for healing (not to mention the damage), but with no intellect gear, wer're gonna have enough mana for like 2 holy lights before going OOM.

Will this talent be forthcoming or will there still be int on pally gear?

Re: Wheres the mana talent?

To start off a Prot. Paladin does not really need an ability to gain mana because we already have two -- Blessing of Wisdom and, ofcourse our Paladin passive ability.

Next to that I believe Blizzard is trying to accomodate Ret. Paladins with the new "Judgement of the Wise" talent, although i'm a bit sceptical on it's results in actualy combat, hopefully it'll get buffed some.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I think we will still have intellect on our arena/PvP gear.

As Seal of Blood is available to both Alliance and Horde now no ret paladin will need to wear int gear in PvE raids.
    You can actually use hand of sacrifice as a kind of mana potion , too.

So you won't go oom on raids but the PvP-Situation is still unclear.
    English isn't my first language. I'm still trying my best.

Yes, but I'm not referring to mana regeneration, I'm referring to a talent that increases the size of the mana pool, which Blizzard did say was coming, and that Ret Pallies would share gear with wars and DKs

Quote Originally Posted by kraeden
    Yes, but I'm not referring to mana regeneration, I'm referring to a talent that increases the size of the mana pool, which Blizzard did say was coming, and that Ret Pallies would share gear with wars and DKs
    Ah, sorry about that.

In that case, it's actually a damn good question... Hmm.

Retri pally here. Had to create an account just to answer this one. :P
    Check the tool tips, the retri spells and abilities says "X% of base mana cost", which means the mana cost will scale with the amount of mana you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykel
    Check the tool tips, the retri spells and abilities says "X% of base mana cost", which means the mana cost will scale with the amount of mana you got.
    The term "Base Mana" refers to how much mana your character has before it is modified by intellect and enchantments.

As an example, a simple Repentance will cost 266 mana (2953 Paladin base / 100 * 9%).

Maybe they'll imply sth like ... The Freethinker's Strength: Increases your intellect by 7/14/20% of your total strength.

A "normal" PvP Retribution Paladin would gain (with 600 Strength unbuffed) 120 intellect through this.
    Which means that he gains about 1800 mana. This would basically scale VERY GOOD with BoK.
    Dunno if it would be too overpowered =o

Could be 5/10/15% too.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykel
    Well that's not true (unfortunately) ...

The base mana is the mana that you have without any +intellect gear.
    A Human level 70 Paladin has about 3000 basemana.

Quote Originally Posted by October#EU
    Maybe they'll imply sth like ... The Freethinker's Strength: Increases your intellect by 7/14/20% of your total strength.

A "normal" PvP Retribution Paladin would gain (with 600 Strength unbuffed) 120 intellect through this.
    Which means that he gains about 1800 mana. This would basically scale VERY GOOD with BoK.
    Dunno if it would be too overpowered =o

Could be 5/10/15% too.
    Oh no, please no, not more talents in the Retribution tree .

wer're gonna have enough mana for like 2 holy lights before going OOM.
    Nuff said.

http://chuckg.org/dump/2008/loljoc.jpg

Judgement of wisdom grants tons more mana than it previously did, not to mention Judgement of the Wise.

Khody

I'm curious, what's this judgement of the wise. Haven't been on all day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    Nuff said.
    I yearn for the days of level 60 when ret pallies could do damage and actually throw some healing without burning all their mana. There seems to be some healing boost talents in ret so we know blizz wants that somewhat as well.... but with enough mana for 2 heals those talents wont do much good.

You already heard about Ret and Prot's mana regen. Also, Hunter's crit shot can now restore mana for you. Shadow priests, as always, will restore mana for you. Shaman's totem is now raid wide, and will restore mana for you. And there's always Innervate, although without SPI that really isn't that good.
    If that's not enough as a Prot/Ret, you might want to consider enchanting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    You already heard about Ret and Prot's mana regen. Also, Hunter's crit shot can now restore mana for you. Shadow priests, as always, will restore mana for you. Shaman's totem is now raid wide, and will restore mana for you. And there's always Innervate, although without SPI that really isn't that good.
    If that's not enough as a Prot/Ret, you might want to consider enchanting for it.
    dont forget the warlocks mana regen talent lawl
    This user has been banned.

Warlocks have a raid mana regen talent now? Sweet! I'll definitely have to check it out later.

Quote Originally Posted by olicon
    People keep talking about regen... I'm not talking about that.

I mean for pvp, when you have to heal, it would be nice to not be OOM after casting 2 heals. This requires a bigger mana pool, not more regen talents (and most of the ones you talk about only apply in pve). Blizzard said we were getting a talent to increase MANA POOL, not MANA REGENERATION. And that way we wouldnt need intellect on our gear.

People keep talking about regen... I'm not talking about that.

I mean for pvp, when you have to heal, it would be nice to not be OOM after casting 2 heals. This requires a bigger mana pool, not more regen talents (and most of the ones you talk about only apply in pve). Blizzard said we were getting a talent to increase MANA POOL, not MANA REGENERATION. And that way we wouldnt need intellect on our gear.
    15% intelect from divine intelect = increse.

Quote Originally Posted by StormScion
    15% intelect from divine intelect = increse.
    The +15% Intellect talent is not new, it has been buffed though which is nice.