Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The obvious issues with Holy palas

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    This thread is full of fail. /ignore thread.
    gz on the post count +1...

back on topic, holy paladins are getting tons of buffs to make them more viable in 5 mans than they are now.. and everyone knows if you're a pally that's worth a shit, you can do any five man without a problem as it is now.. so quit cryin

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon

Thx for linking the fact that FOL has been nerfed.
    and if holy light mana cost has been reduced by 2/3 like you said then guess what!?! ZOMG its like priest's greater heal but better! stfu quit whining and wait till wrath comes out and you test it yourself before you bitch and moan without firsthand experience. jeez

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

if you cant heal a 5 man in paladins in there current state then please reroll a aoe healer now. i acctually think paladins in the beta build are better suited then ever to heal 5 mans and the fact that you think with hop + bol added to are artillery we will be doing less?

Daedalon, do you even have a beta key? Nevermind answering that, I have no trouble figuring out the answer for myself.

On the beta realms there are plenty of people already grouping and running content, and from what I have seen and heared Paladins have no issues healing trough any of it.

I suggest people stop getting their panties in a bunch. Stop complaining on things that are not even final yet, this is not called a beta without a reason.

And for you Daedalon, stop theorycrafting, please... You suck at it.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Less mana efficiency? You mean I'm gonna have to bring water to 5-mans now? Oh this is a sad, sad day.

And yeah, I agree with whoever said that if the OP can't heal a 5-man as a holy pally, he should just reroll an aoe healing class. Or better yet, quit the game period.

Having a 70 holy pally I will agree that IMO they are the hardest healing class to use currently in 5-mans, hands down. That being said, it means you just need to be a decent/good player to heal heroic 5-mans in certain instances where everyone is taking a decent amount of damage at the same time. Whereas other classes you just roll your face across the HoT keys (a pun ) (also have a 62 resto shaman and a priest).

So as long as your a good player, healing 5 mans (while at times can be a friggin nightmare as a holy pally right now) arent impossible. And when WotLK, Beacon will help in these rare occasions in which everyone is getting hit...so I dont think that healing 5 mans is impossible. Yes HoTs are much easier, but beacon while kind of pricey, should do just fine.

I just cant believe this made it to 3 pages.

/facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    Having a 70 holy pally I will agree that IMO they are the hardest healing class to use currently in 5-mans, hands down.
    Evenj if holy pallys are the worst 5man healers .... it just means it easy for them to heal heroics, unlike the other 3 healers who have it on freaking easy. The only issue with holy pallies right now is that its boring as hell to heal a 25man. Let's hope the beacon of light, holy shock an judgement changes will help that part.

The worst change so far .... we actually need to buy water for grouping.

I just cant believe this made it to 3 pages.

/facepalm.
    Believe it will go to around 5-6 pages atleast untill the OP is gonna get majorly flamed.

@Daedelon:
    Why don't you do that heal-comparing thingy again with Shamans instead of Priests?
    I'ld love to see what numbers you end up with then.

Oh wait, since you'ld never have the nerf to post them;
    FoL 7: 3,27-3,66 HPM
    FoL 8: 1,95-2,18 HPM
    FoL 9: 1,87-2,08 HPM

LHW 7: 2,36-2,69 HPM
    LHW 8: 1,72-1,96 HPM
    LHW 9: 1,66-1,90 HPM
    And that's WITHOUT Illumination.

FoL mana costs are fine, all classes lose mana efficiency, if you actually did some research rather then rushing to the forums blaming Blizz of conspiracy theories you'ld have noticed that.
    And unless you have actually BEEN to beta and healed some instances, you can't possibly comment on how much AoE there is and how hard it is for a Paladin to heal those instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Believe it will go to around 5-6 pages atleast untill the OP is gonna get majorly flamed.

@Daedelon:
    Why don't you do that heal-comparing thingy again with Shamans instead of Priests?
    I'ld love to see what numbers you end up with then.

Oh wait, since you'ld never have the nerf to post them;
    FoL 7: 3,27-3,66 HPM
    FoL 8: 1,95-2,18 HPM
    FoL 9: 1,87-2,08 HPM

LHW 7: 2,36-2,69 HPM
    LHW 8: 1,72-1,96 HPM
    LHW 9: 1,66-1,90 HPM
    And that's WITHOUT Illumination.

FoL mana costs are fine, all classes lose mana efficiency, if you actually did some research rather then rushing to the forums blaming Blizz of conspiracy theories you'ld have noticed that.
    And unless you have actually BEEN to beta and healed some instances, you can't possibly comment on how much AoE there is and how hard it is for a Paladin to heal those instances.
    lol - bet u base this stats on MMO-champion.... get a clue maybe and actually play beta ?

Besides - Do shamans use anything other than chain heal these days ? No news of that beeing nerfed is it ? Or maybe take a look at your new 51 talent ? OH wait... AA and you dont even have to heal is it ? .... You do know that all mail armors have crit raiting now ?

We palas actually have to use FOL cause u know what ? We dont have multiheal - and BOL is scaled for 25 mans. Maybe u should have read this post to start with ?

Do some real research !

erm my 5 cent worth is that.. that is what is all about.. the harder and more challenging with the instance, the more fun u get... if holy pally is a nerfed class the more i think it will be fun to play.. imagine no holy pally can do this instance w/o wiping in ur realm and u r the only one that can do it.. i agree with previous poster that Illumination is the main mana mechanism of holy pally. i think it is a nice touch to be different as holy pally is spec-ed for crit, just like elemental shaman. It had always fun for me to heal heroic 5-man. for example the Magisters' Terrace seem hard for holy pally... actually it is not.. hahha

lol - bet u base this stats on MMO-champion.... get a clue maybe and actually play beta ?
    From Wowhead actually. And like you play beta?

Besides - Do shamans use anything other than chain heal these days ? No news of that beeing nerfed is it ? Or maybe take a look at your new 51 talent ? OH wait... AA and you dont even have to heal is it ? .... You do know that all mail armors have crit raiting now ?
    The 51-point talent is mostly a PvP-ability.
    Furthermore, there currently is no new rank of Chain Heal and no talent buffing the ability.
    The fact that all mail armor will have crit rating is even more of an incentive to step away from Chain Heal. Getting 60% extra healing on crits on who needs it + Mana Shield proc + Healing Way if you use Healing Wave means you'll mostly want to use (Lesser) Healing Wave to heal.

We palas actually have to use FOL cause u know what ? We dont have multiheal - and BOL is scaled for 25 mans. Maybe u should have read this post to start with ?
    Holy Light 13: 2,60-2,90 HPM and that's excluding Sanctified Light and Illumination combo.
    Maybe that's a hint from Blizzard?
    And with Infusion of Light talent you can even get it instant (just like Holy Shock itself, which is getting a major boost)
    Holy Shock itself even has a mana efficiency of 2,20-2,83 HPM, again excluding Sanctified Light.
    All together Blizzard is moving Holy Paladins towards using Holy Light as their main heal and FoL more of a quick heal or fast heal together with Holy Shock, just like every other class has a slow efficient heal and a fast heal and instant emergency-button.
    Sure, every class has an AoE raid heal, Paladins will get BoL, Priests will have CoH/PoM, Druids will have Flourish (and Tranq on major CD), Shamans have Chain Heal & AA.
    So what is the problem?

Do some real research !
    Lawl, I do about 3 hours of research & theory crafting every day (boring summer holidays FTW). So where is your research?

Do some real research !
    Could say the same to you.

The reason allot of healing spells look nerfed in terms of health per mana is that the efficiency of spell power will be much greater then +healing is now.

//end of discussion

Funny thing about the OP is that he doesn't even try to support what he says... but asks proofs for what others say.
    It's not even a discussion, whatever people say to you, Daedalon, you don't even take them into account and laugh at them.

Somehow this reminds me of Priests @ patch 1.10

"OMG!!! They nerfzs deh FLash hEalz!"

yeah... looks like pallys will be moved from fol/flash heal spamming to actually having to use their brains + hl/greater healing.

like priests had to do quite some time ago...

guess what: some people will NEVER understand the change and will ALWAYS suck hereafter.

Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    Somehow this reminds me of Priests @ patch 1.10

"OMG!!! They nerfzs deh FLash hEalz!"

yeah... looks like pallys will be moved from fol/flash heal spamming to actually having to use their brains + hl/greater healing.

like priests had to do quite some time ago...

guess what: some people will NEVER understand the change and will ALWAYS suck hereafter.

Been there, done that.
    You do know that holy priests were the weakest healers for long part in TBC ? U wonder why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khayman
    Funny thing about the OP is that he doesn't even try to support what he says... but asks proofs for what others say.
    It's not even a discussion, whatever people say to you, Daedalon, you don't even take them into account and laugh at them.
    Alot of the ppl that are talking know absolutly nothing about the game - the mecanics or even the paladin class at all. Try to reason with such ppl is like trying to point out to you why I dont bother and just laugh at them. It has same effect...

Figure out what I just said... Gratz !

Daedaelus...You still fail...-smiles.- figure I might as well get my +1 in here.

This thread is full of fail. /ignore thread.
    QFT

my pally has no problem healing through H:MGT since the first day it came out. I've done it with no wipes and no deaths before.

With these coming changes, infusion of light, haste buff from judgement, becon of light, or hell, sheath of light, these are all changes that will help us in 5 man.

stop failing.

Quote Originally Posted by briany
    QFT

my pally has no problem healing through H:MGT since the first day it came out. I've done it with no wipes and no deaths before.

With these coming changes, infusion of light, haste buff from judgement, becon of light, or hell, sheath of light, these are all changes that will help us in 5 man.

stop failing.
    I bet you havn't died in WOW yet...