Thread: Shockadin

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Shockadin

    Greets, the name's Galtheris playing currently on Ravenholdt. I'm not that up to date to WOTLK but I've got some questions which I want to clear up. I've got pointed to MMO-Champion, so here I am. Let's get to the point.

    +Healing will be gone and spellpower will get in its place. With S4 out I was thinking of respeccing Shockadin but with Wotlk so close:

    Will +healing on all existing sets get +spellpower? For example: Full vengeful ornamented will get spellpower and not +healing.

    If so, lamellar ( Shockadin gear ) has for example: +40 spellpower, ornamented has +80 healing. Will this mean that ornamented will have +80 spellpower, making lamellar not worthy of buying?

    Last but not least, with WOTLK will the Shockadin concept be gone, since all Paladins will have Spellpower?

    I hope you can clear this up for / with me. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Re: Shockadin

    Good question. I believe the Shockadin PvP set will just get more crit or something. Thats if it doesnt get removed.

    We may now just get 2 sets.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

  3. #3

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Galtheris
    Greets, the name's Galtheris playing currently on Ravenholdt. I'm not that up to date to WOTLK but I've got some questions which I want to clear up. I've got pointed to MMO-Champion, so here I am. Let's get to the point.

    +Healing will be gone and spellpower will get in its place. With S4 out I was thinking of respeccing Shockadin but with Wotlk so close:

    Will +healing on all existing sets get +spellpower? For example: Full vengeful ornamented will get spellpower and not +healing.

    If so, lamellar ( Shockadin gear ) has for example: +40 spellpower, ornamented has +80 healing. Will this mean that ornamented will have +80 spellpower, making lamellar not worthy of buying?

    Last but not least, with WOTLK will the Shockadin concept be gone, since all Paladins will have Spellpower?

    I hope you can clear this up for / with me. Thanks in advance.
    1) Healing and spell DAMAGE are both gone, replaced with just Spell Power.

    2) If the item is currently a plus damage item that is what the spell power will be in WotLK

    3) If the item is currently a plus healing item the Spell power will be changed to a lower value. Not sure the amount off the top of my head.

    4) The Shock-a-din is NOT going anywhere, and in fact is even better in WotLK with the new talents / move to Spell Power / unified crit, hit, etc.

  4. #4

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidseeker
    1) Healing and spell DAMAGE are both gone, replaced with just Spell Power.

    2) If the item is currently a plus damage item that is what the spell power will be in WotLK

    3) If the item is currently a plus healing item the Spell power will be changed to a lower value. Not sure the amount off the top of my head.

    4) The Shock-a-din is NOT going anywhere, and in fact is even better in WotLK with the new talents / move to Spell Power / unified crit, hit, etc.
    Unfortunately, a staple of the shockadin spec, Sanctity aura, is gonna get removed. But they're upping the damage/healing on holy shock, aren't they? So I guess it'll be better anyway.

  5. #5

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    Unfortunately, a staple of the shockadin spec, Sanctity aura, is gonna get removed. But they're upping the damage/healing on holy shock, aren't they? So I guess it'll be better anyway.
    it's more than that. They also increased the chance for holy shock to crit through talents (got another 6% from santified light). with a 48/0/23 build, you will get another 5% through conviction, another 3% from judged seal and AP > sdmg through sheath of light.

    holy shock CD is reduced to 6 sec, and judgement range can be increased to 30 yards.

    All these changes sum up to be more than santity aura. YOu simple won't miss it. + you are getting imp conc aura in holy. Everytime you crit with holy shock (dmg/heal), you will get an instant holy light. So, if you are getting blasted by a mage, you don't have to shift auras, stop and cast. But instead, you just keep running, cleansing yourself, judging and holy shocking while you can instant heal yourself to near full HP.

    We lost santity aura for a huge buff to our game interaction and survivability. shockadin will be a force to be reckoned.

  6. #6

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh
    what the hell IS a shockadin? :P
    i have never figured it out what it means

    a paladin with a tesla coil

    NEED A SHOCK?





    aka holy shock paladin.

  7. #7

    Re: Shockadin

    It is paladin with Holy Shock and all the talents needed to buff it
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  8. #8

    Re: Shockadin

    So far with the gear changes it seems that shockadins (aka holybuild spelldamage paladins) are becomming quite viable again.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

  9. #9

    Re: Shockadin

    48/0/23 with sheath of light is going to rock. I intend to level that way and PvP that way!

  10. #10

    Re: Shockadin

    Why go 48/0/23 and lose judgements of the wise? a 43/0/28 build gets you there.

  11. #11

    Re: Shockadin

    I actually posted this in the Holy Pally Discussion post, sorry for double posting, this thread is more appropriate.

    How about 31/0/40? Seems to work out 50 times better, check it out and lemme know your thoughts yea?

    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...03513105000000

    1. Notice how Conviction increases BOTH spell and melee crit by 5%? Instead of just melee crit like it is currently?

    2. Sanctified Light increases Holy Shock crit by 6%

    3. 5% from Holy Power + 6% from Sanctified Light + 5% from Conviction + 3% from Sanctified Seals + 3% from Imp JotC = +22% crit for holy shock and 16% for all holy spells.

    4. Fanaticism has been increased to +25% crit for judgements that can crit, which means JoR will have a 25% + 16% = 41% + base spell crit, chance to crit.

    5. Sheath of Light coupled with Imp BoM will add more spell dmg than Holy guidance ever can. Applying these WotLK talents to lvl70 stats, I have 512 ap unbuffed in holy gear, Wotlk Imp BoM adds 330AP based on the current max rank BoM, which equates to 842 AP, which in turn translates to ~252 extra spell dmg. Compared to Holy Guidance which barely hits 180 extra spell dmg in full t6.

    6. Taking a full s2 lamellar geared pally(~915sp), and add 252 to it, u get 1167 sp. Also such a pally would have about 20% base spell crit.

    So lets sum it up, in this spec, you get:

    - a 6 second cd Holy Shock that has a [22+basecrit]% = 42% chance to crit.
    - an 8 second cd judgement that has a [41+basecrit]% = 61%chance to crit.
    - regular SoR procs if u are in melee range.
    - typical 70% pushback resist
    - 3 second cast time Holy Light with a [22+basecrit]% = 42% chance to crit.
    - 1.5 second cast time Flash of light with a [16+basecrit]% = 36%chance to crit.
    - HoT's for every heal crit.
    - almost constant fully stacked Vengeance, so +15% dmg.
    - Seals cannot be dispelled.
    - Repentance.
    - 30% reduction of fear and disorient.

    I don't know about you guys, but this sure as hell seems really, really badass.

  12. #12

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Smackthat
    I actually posted this in the Holy Pally Discussion post, sorry for double posting, this thread is more appropriate.

    How about 31/0/40? Seems to work out 50 times better, check it out and lemme know your thoughts yea?

    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...03513105000000

    1. Notice how Conviction increases BOTH spell and melee crit by 5%? Instead of just melee crit like it is currently?

    2. Sanctified Light increases Holy Shock crit by 6%

    3. 5% from Holy Power + 6% from Sanctified Light + 5% from Conviction + 3% from Sanctified Seals + 3% from Imp JotC = +22% crit for holy shock and 16% for all holy spells.

    4. Fanaticism has been increased to +25% crit for judgements that can crit, which means JoR will have a 25% + 16% = 41% + base spell crit, chance to crit.

    5. Sheath of Light coupled with Imp BoM will add more spell dmg than Holy guidance ever can. Applying these WotLK talents to lvl70 stats, I have 512 ap unbuffed in holy gear, Wotlk Imp BoM adds 330AP based on the current max rank BoM, which equates to 842 AP, which in turn translates to ~252 extra spell dmg. Compared to Holy Guidance which barely hits 180 extra spell dmg in full t6.

    6. Taking a full s2 lamellar geared pally(~915sp), and add 252 to it, u get 1167 sp. Also such a pally would have about 20% base spell crit.

    So lets sum it up, in this spec, you get:

    - a 6 second cd Holy Shock that has a [22+basecrit]% = 42% chance to crit.
    - an 8 second cd judgement that has a [41+basecrit]% = 61%chance to crit.
    - regular SoR procs if u are in melee range.
    - typical 70% pushback resist
    - 3 second cast time Holy Light with a [22+basecrit]% = 42% chance to crit.
    - 1.5 second cast time Flash of light with a [16+basecrit]% = 36%chance to crit.
    - HoT's for every heal crit.
    - almost constant fully stacked Vengeance, so +15% dmg.
    - Seals cannot be dispelled.
    - Repentance.
    - 30% reduction of fear and disorient.

    I don't know about you guys, but this sure as hell seems really, really badass.
    Like it. I just wish Enlightened Judgements was lower in the tree, make it easier to catch those pesky Druids ^_^. Also, I'm not sure about not speccing Judgements of the Wise. I see that you either lose undispellable buffs, and 10% Judgment crit chance, but it could be an extremely useful talent for a Shockadin. Not gonna bother coming up with numbers or anything, but I'm just a little iffy about it. Feel free to correct me.

  13. #13

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Like it. I just wish Enlightened Judgements was lower in the tree, make it easier to catch those pesky Druids ^_^. Also, I'm not sure about not speccing Judgements of the Wise. I see that you either lose undispellable buffs, and 10% Judgment crit chance, but it could be an extremely useful talent for a Shockadin. Not gonna bother coming up with numbers or anything, but I'm just a little iffy about it. Feel free to correct me.
    Yep I definitely see where u are coming from, Im sure we could survive with 10% less judgement crit chance in return for insane mana regen, but its all subject to testing, cos tbh Judgement of the Wise seems too good to be true, 60% of total dmg cause recovered in mana, up to 3 group or raid members. From my understanding that means its 15% dmg>mana returned per person, including yourself. Lets use a very very conservative number of 1.5k, 15% would be 225 mana per pax, and that's considering u actually have 3 others around u. Is this to say if you are alone u get back 900 mana for a 1.5k dmg judgement? I mean im completely clueless, need confirmation.

  14. #14

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Smackthat
    I don't know about you guys, but this sure as hell seems really, really badass.
    ^ this

  15. #15

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Smackthat
    Yep I definitely see where u are coming from, Im sure we could survive with 10% less judgement crit chance in return for insane mana regen, but its all subject to testing, cos tbh Judgement of the Wise seems too good to be true, 60% of total dmg cause recovered in mana, up to 3 group or raid members. From my understanding that means its 15% dmg>mana returned per person, including yourself. Lets use a very very conservative number of 1.5k, 15% would be 225 mana per pax, and that's considering u actually have 3 others around u. Is this to say if you are alone u get back 900 mana for a 1.5k dmg judgement? I mean im completely clueless, need confirmation.
    Actually, it's 60% to all effected targets, not divided. ZOMG lol. Yes, this talent is amazing, but we have to consider why it is so. Ret Paladins will be recieving 0 intellect on gear. Like, literally 0. So basicly what they have turned our Mana bar into is a blue energy bar that both drains and fills slower.

    What does this mean for Shockadins? Never running out of mana. Ever. ^_^

    This will be a huge buff since if specced, we can instantly heal ourselves every 16 seconds or so with base crit chance, giving us huge survivability without ooming ourselves.

    I, personally, cannot decide between instant heals or Fanatacism, but I am leaning towards Infusion of Light; the survivability gained is just too much for a Shockadin.

  16. #16

    Re: Shockadin

    imo ret judgadins (just made that up /flex )

    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...13533135201351


    looks bad ass.

    uber judges

  17. #17

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    imo ret judgadins (just made that up /flex )

    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...13533135201351


    looks bad ass.

    uber judges
    Isnt this a Shockadin thread? =P haha. I personally cant wait to see how Shockadin damage stacks up against Ret damage. We'll see come release, I guess.

  18. #18

    Re: Shockadin

    This will be the Shock-a-din Build for those that plan on PVP along with normal PVE: 37/0/34 (yes, it may change depending on talent changes):

    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...13033100000000


    Why? Working from the bottom up:

    Holy Talents-
    Infusion of Light: HS crit (heal or damage) = instant cast HL. WIN!
    Holy Shock: duh & 40yard range for heal, 20 for damage. Solid.
    Holy Power: MOAR crits.
    Divine Favor: A for sure, “oh s#!t” crit + HS (yay macro) = instant cast HL. Win again.
    Sanctified Light: Look, moar crits!
    Blessed Hands: My Hand spells cost less and go puff less.
    Pure of Heart: DKs are nothing but disease, and screw curses. Less time = less pain.
    Imp. Con. Aura: 1/3rd less silence time for everyone, screw melee hits stopping my spells
    Illumination: Look! Mana for all my mad crits! Win.
    Aura Mastery: It’s cool, you can go to max range and not worry about losing the aura dudes.
    Unyielding Faith: F’ fear.
    Divine Int: more mana, more crit, more win.
    Spiritual Focus: your melee swings mean nothing to my spell casting skills.


    Ret Talents –
    Sanctified Seals: Cannot purge/dispell shit from me, ok, well, my seals/auras at least. 3% MORE CRIT!!
    Repentance: Yeah, that’s right, the healer can bring the stun. Think on your sins for ONE MINUTE while we kill your team mates.
    Judgements of the Wise: Yes, I will be judging, doing sick damage and getting mad mana back from the crits for me and all my mana using brethren.
    Sanctified Retribution: 3% more damage by everyone (party/team/raid) is win! All about options on the auras.
    Sheath of Light: My HL crits add a HoT for 60%? Have you seen how much crit I have? Oh yeah, spell power added from Attack Power as well? SWEET free bonus.
    Crusade: Personal choice, feel free to move points where you would.
    Eye for an Eye: Oh yeah, crit me for 6K and watch 2K hit you back, followed rather quickly by my crit shock to your face and then an instant HL heal on me. Care to repeat this cycle?
    Seal of Command: 2X damage on stuned targets? I have two stuns & by the way have you seen my crit stat?
    Pursuit of Justice: Oh yeah, love the speed, and -2% chance to be hit is solid. But personal choice, feel free to move points.
    Heart of the Crusader: 3% extra chance to crit for everyone for targets that I have Judged? I guess that targets was found unworthy. Better hope they are not stunned any time soon…
    Improved Judgements: My righteous decrees must be meted out faster!
    Imp. Bless Might: I am not really worried about mana cost anymore, and this gives me more Spell Power + makes my swings harder when I am out and about.


    Pure PVE Shockadins will have a different build. Maybe something more like this:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...03530000000000

  19. #19

    Re: Shockadin

    Disclaimer: Nothing useful to say, please do not read this.

    I find shockadins to be useless. That is all.

  20. #20

    Re: Shockadin

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidseeker
    This will be the Shock-a-din Build for those that plan on PVP along with normal PVE: 37/0/34 (yes, it may change depending on talent changes):

    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...13033100000000


    Why? Working from the bottom up:

    Holy Talents-
    Infusion of Light: HS crit (heal or damage) = instant cast HL. WIN!
    Holy Shock: duh & 40yard range for heal, 20 for damage. Solid.
    Holy Power: MOAR crits.
    Divine Favor: A for sure, “oh s#!t” crit + HS (yay macro) = instant cast HL. Win again.
    Sanctified Light: Look, moar crits!
    Blessed Hands: My Hand spells cost less and go puff less.
    Pure of Heart: DKs are nothing but disease, and screw curses. Less time = less pain.
    Imp. Con. Aura: 1/3rd less silence time for everyone, screw melee hits stopping my spells
    Illumination: Look! Mana for all my mad crits! Win.
    Aura Mastery: It’s cool, you can go to max range and not worry about losing the aura dudes.
    Unyielding Faith: F’ fear.
    Divine Int: more mana, more crit, more win.
    Spiritual Focus: your melee swings mean nothing to my spell casting skills.


    Ret Talents –
    Sanctified Seals: Cannot purge/dispell shit from me, ok, well, my seals/auras at least. 3% MORE CRIT!!
    Repentance: Yeah, that’s right, the healer can bring the stun. Think on your sins for ONE MINUTE while we kill your team mates.
    Judgements of the Wise: Yes, I will be judging, doing sick damage and getting mad mana back from the crits for me and all my mana using brethren.
    Sanctified Retribution: 3% more damage by everyone (party/team/raid) is win! All about options on the auras.
    Sheath of Light: My HL crits add a HoT for 60%? Have you seen how much crit I have? Oh yeah, spell power added from Attack Power as well? SWEET free bonus.
    Crusade: Personal choice, feel free to move points where you would.
    Eye for an Eye: Oh yeah, crit me for 6K and watch 2K hit you back, followed rather quickly by my crit shock to your face and then an instant HL heal on me. Care to repeat this cycle?
    Seal of Command: 2X damage on stuned targets? I have two stuns & by the way have you seen my crit stat?
    Pursuit of Justice: Oh yeah, love the speed, and -2% chance to be hit is solid. But personal choice, feel free to move points.
    Heart of the Crusader: 3% extra chance to crit for everyone for targets that I have Judged? I guess that targets was found unworthy. Better hope they are not stunned any time soon…
    Improved Judgements: My righteous decrees must be meted out faster!
    Imp. Bless Might: I am not really worried about mana cost anymore, and this gives me more Spell Power + makes my swings harder when I am out and about.


    Pure PVE Shockadins will have a different build. Maybe something more like this:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...03530000000000
    This post is full of win! XD

    Anyway, for PvP I cant decide if I want Vengeance instead of Sanctified Seals. The no dispells is awesome, but that's just so much God damn damage <_<.

    Otherwise full of win, and very entertaining.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •