Thread: Shockadin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Shockadin

Quote Originally Posted by Voidseeker
    1) They have not tuned the melee DPS of Paladins - expect a huge nerf to Ret very shortly after they get done with the mechanics and start working on where all the classes will line up on DPS. There will not be the same nerf to Shock/Holy spells.

2) Only worry about AP if you are going RET. If you are going to go holy/Shock builds go ALL Spellpower and just treat AP as a bonus. If you are going Prot worry about STAM & STRENGTH and treat AP/SP as a bonus on gear.

3) Shockadins WILL go sword & board or Mace & Shield, NOT 2H. You are not going to be smacking people to death with your 1H, you are going to Judgeing and Shocking them to death while healing your whole team/group/raid.

4) Shockadins WILL go up Retribution to get Judgements of the Wise as the Mana return is stupid good, helps to fight against Mana Burn/Drain, and is just plain 100% win. The amount of downtime as a Paladin of any spec is cut dramatically with that talent.
    You missed the point of the other posts. We see from the bonus spell power from Sheath of Light that stacking attack power, combined with our spells now scaling off AP and SP, to give a higher total dps. A Ret Paladin in equal gear to a Shockadin that is in SP instead of AP gear will do far superior damage even with judgements.

We say this because AP grants SP which converts into even more damage, where as SP doesnt recieve the same bonus to damage, but has much higher healing.

I'd like to take this chance to reiterate, that Shock-a-Dins should not be able to match Ret DPS sustained, but be able to put out some heavy burst

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    I'd like to take this chance to reiterate, that Shock-a-Dins should not be able to match Ret DPS sustained, but be able to put out some heavy burst
    Personally, I realy wish we could. Yes, it would be an overall step back for Paladins, since Ret would again become useless in PvE, but, god damn I love Shockadins. It makes me sad that I will never be able to bring a Shockadin spec to PvE, except to be a healer that can CC. (Which is actually pretty cool.)

or you can always specc ret and be more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Haha, Ret useful?!?! Joking.

Anyway, I play all Paladin specs frequently, and it's not that I feel Shockadins should be toe to toe on DPS, but the gap being this big kinda disapoints me. Death Knights have 4 specs (3 dps and one multi tanking) so it makes me sad that a spec that many Paladins used to love will be reduced to the likes of a resto-kin from simply being out paced.

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    or you can always specc ret and be more useful.
    To this I say that Shockadins are still more useful in 2v2 and 3v3, depending on the group. =P

S3 and S4 doesn't have spell damage sets, so no it's not useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

sorry guys, i like ~shockadins~ too but...

what do you exept from this spec... there would be A LOT advantages NOW if that build would be availbe for bc...

but @ 80... a ret well played + geared will~ kick more ass with that:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

specc than your/this shockerdin... even if you got more heal potential, a ret will also fine with healing since we got a amount of spell power... and kinda "blue energy" imho *haha

but its to early to be sure what specc will get a paly nasty :x - fact: pala will be fine *GG

and ret will be definitely > shockadin............. =/ and as i said,this is not mention to dumb this thread but thats it :-*

and to Utal... s3+4 does have spell dmg sets.... where do you live... =//

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    S3 and S4 doesn't have spell damage sets, so no it's not useful.
    I believe we are talking about WotLK in this thread, am I wrong? haha

Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Æika
    sorry guys, i like ~shockadins~ too but...

what do you exept from this spec... there would be A LOT advantages NOW if that build would be availbe for bc...

but @ 80... a ret well played + geared will~ kick more ass with that:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

specc than your/this shockerdin... even if you got more heal potential, a ret will also fine with healing since we got a amount of spell power... and kinda "blue energy" imho *haha

but its to early to be sure what specc will get a paly nasty :x - fact: pala will be fine *GG

and ret will be definitely > shockadin............. =/ and as i said,this is not mention to dumb this thread but thats it :-*
    I meant to imply that "current beta" shows that Ret will have far superior DPS, while Shockadins will have great off healing while DPSing. I just wish the gap in DPS had not been quite this much.