Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: @Enhancement Shamans: Anything still needed to fix past problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    would be an ENORMOUS benefit in all aspects of play...have you submitted this on the suggestion forums yet?
    I Have, but I suppose I could submit it again. Also something would need to be done about preventing an infinite Fire Elemental Totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Luk3ling
    You're an idiot.. that's basically the whole story about you.
    A) "Malescrapstrom"
    There is absolutely NOTHING bad about this talent in any respect, save for the fact that its effects MIGHT be dispellable. you are an idiot.
    B) "nothing guarantees you'll have those 5 crits in 10-15 secs"
    Actually, my Elemental Devastation build that gives me a 95% uptime of 48% crit is what guarantees that (at absolute most) every 18 seconds i'll have 5/5 maelstrom stacked. As it is now, I crit at least once every 4 seconds, and that's even more likely with the extra haste built in from Winfury Totem.
    C) "shammies"
    There are fewer keystrokes when typing "shaman" as opposed to "shammies". Not to mention "Shaman" provides a more fluid movement of your fingers across your keyboard Again, you're an idiot.
    A) seeing how its a magic effect hmm lets think about that for a while
    B) OH so you're pvp'ing @ 80 now? because were talking about pvp not PVE idiot
    C) since when does keystrokes matter or "fluid movement" LAWLz
    for real C has to be my fav by far lol only a fuckin idiot would bitch about 2 extra letters on a post someone else made HAHAHA

& Lazyjoe the issue is PVP not PVE everyone knows Malecrapstorm will be a godly pve talent thats not what were discussing here

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    * Why shouldn't a magical attack cause threat? We just need a talent that reduces threat from all attacks, not just physical.
    *The WF cooldown is fine, we do good dps & in wotlk we will get the windfury totem buff + our self buff
    *I'm fine with 20 yards, we are buffing melee classes and we all are pretty close.
    *Sham rage is fine, I never run out of mana even totem twisting
    *Hex isn't supposed to be a constant cc, I'm fine with that. Its just to make shamans more viable for 5mans on the big pulls.
    * That's what I meant. We get MORE threat from magical damage then from physical, yet the expansion pushes us towards more magical damage (In fact, there is no DPS boost BUT magical damage, and you'll prob want to give up OH WF for FT)
    * The WF cooldown is NOT fine. If Blizzard can make it so Swordspec doesn't proc itself or any yellow ability doesn't proc WF totem, they can do it for WF weapon to proc itself aswell. The current mechanic doesn't allow the CHOICE for a fast MH, which would be a boost with Maelstrom weapon & Static Shock.
    It's actually so that if you dual WF, your swings have 36% chance to proc WF, because the devs cba to make a unique ID for each weapon enchant and the game doesn't know which WF buff is for what weapon and will try to proc both. Amazingly, the other 3 weapon enchants don't have such a problem.
    * 4 totems an Enh sham will drop: WF, FT, Mana Spring, SoE. All ranged will want the 2nd and 3rd totem, Hunters would like 1st, 3rd & 4th probably. If you don't have a Resto Sham around, the Enh sham will be the only one dropping FT.
    * If Hex is just meant as a boost for PvE like Sap, where is the (anti-)CC for PvP? Hex currently is nothing but a silence, which can BREAK ON DAMAGE. I would've expected something far better from a lvl 80 skill

just so you know....

considering hex is a glorified silence, it might not be trinketable.

just a thought. after all, it doesn't impair the control of your character - it just silences you for 8 seconds (pvp).

if this turns out to be the case... that's freakin hot.

Insta Cast 100% crit LaB which triggers a 9% melee crit buff is ALOT better than 25% axe dmg...haste...or armor pen.
    IT's actually Armor reduction ... as in a debuff. It's free executioner for everyone in the raid, and you think that sucks?

Armor Pen. will be all over our gear by 80...we have a 24% haste totem and flurry and BL...25% axe dmg is the only thing that comes close but assuming it went live today:
    It's 16% base + 4% talented, that's 20%, not 24%.

My MH crits are 950 (averaged, lower before procs...higher afterwards) on regular lvl 70 mobs (all types just a raw average).

With an Axe that would give me 237.5 extra dmg per crit.

Comparing to Maelstrom over 5 crits I would receive 1187.5 extra dmg.

Scaling Maelstrom negatively to adjust for a lvl 70 spell and not a lvl 75 spell...and doing so without busting out an algorithm we can assume it would hypothetically do 600ish dmg average (say 500-700 on average).

Considering it is an insta cast after Maelstrom and deals 50% extra dmg for a crit we would see on average a 900ish crit.

So 900 dmg without adding any additional spell power/procs/buffs/totems. In the end it would almost weigh out.

***OMG Don't flame me about OH axe crits!!!****

I realize your OH crits would have to be taken into consideration...and they are by accounting that the dmg penalty for OH would be such a negative drawback against wep spec while simultaneously being a positive impact on stacking Maelstrom for the next insta LaB.

It would take hours and hours of theorycrafting to decide which is better....atm though we know which one we are more likely to get...Maelstrom...so quit whining about old news
    Weapon Spec is less mana-intensive. Equal damage for 100% less mana = Weapon spec wins. Even a 6y old can figure that one out. Oh, and weapon specs atleast got benefit from Spirit Weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    IT's actually Armor reduction ... as in a debuff. It's free executioner for everyone in the raid, and you think that sucks?
    Yes I do, I already give them crit, spell damage, agi/str, and haste why do I have to reduce armor for them too thats just over the top. I don't mind enhanceing my raid but I'd like to enjoy it while I do it. Removing maelstrom will return us right back to where we are now which is a flame shock > earth shock > storm strike > twisting rotation, accept the twist doesn't exist anymore even more boredom. The game gets boring after a while thats one of the reasons for making an expansion.
    Maelstrom is bad ass compared to a flat(boring ass) 25% damage on crits, Armor Pen and w/e the mace one is thats strictly pve cause who wants to have 10/15 seconds of haste when one you'll probably be stunned or CCd through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Weapon Spec is less mana-intensive. Equal damage for 100% less mana = Weapon spec wins. Even a 6y old can figure that one out. Oh, and weapon specs atleast got benefit from Spirit Weapons.
    Mana intensity hasn't been an issue in beta nor has it been in live so I prefer the extra rotation plus a free heal that all the dispelling classes can feel free to try and prevent by wasting mana and purging/dispelling...........also with Elemental Focus and Elemental Devastation being added into the mix mana will be even less of a problem since shaman focus stacks ontop of it.

BTW as of right now Lightning shield cost no mana for the person that said it will run us OoM or at least last time I checked.

Maelstrom is miles and beyond Wep Spec.

Insta Cast 100% crit LaB which triggers a 9% melee crit buff is ALOT better than 25% axe dmg...haste...or armor pen.

Armor Pen. will be all over our gear by 80...we have a 24% haste totem and flurry and BL...25% axe dmg is the only thing that comes close but assuming it went live today:

My MH crits are 950 (averaged, lower before procs...higher afterwards) on regular lvl 70 mobs (all types just a raw average).

With an Axe that would give me 237.5 extra dmg per crit.

Comparing to Maelstrom over 5 crits I would receive 1187.5 extra dmg.

Scaling Maelstrom negatively to adjust for a lvl 70 spell and not a lvl 75 spell...and doing so without busting out an algorithm we can assume it would hypothetically do 600ish dmg average (say 500-700 on average).

Considering it is an insta cast after Maelstrom and deals 50% extra dmg for a crit we would see on average a 900ish crit.

So 900 dmg without adding any additional spell power/procs/buffs/totems. In the end it would almost weigh out.

***OMG Don't flame me about OH axe crits!!!****

I realize your OH crits would have to be taken into consideration...and they are by accounting that the dmg penalty for OH would be such a negative drawback against wep spec while simultaneously being a positive impact on stacking Maelstrom for the next insta LaB.

It would take hours and hours of theorycrafting to decide which is better....atm though we know which one we are more likely to get...Maelstrom...so quit whining about old news

You better not be telling me to quit whining in the first place. I was just stating that people need to stop QQ'n about loss of weapon special

i wish they would make this talent work with healing spells too 8)
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i wish they would make this talent work with healing spells too 8)
    It does

Right now (at lvl 70) the Spirit Wolves are hitting level 68 caster mobs for 60-70.

Compare that to a Ice mage pet hitting for 600-700, at range, slowing you and casting a ranged frost nova (oh yeah, that only 41 points too, not 51).

Anyway, it's still beta, but I wonder why they wouldn't start with something relatively balanced in the first implementation rather than random numbers (just like the obviously overpowered druid infected wounds or warlock metamorphosis which just got nerfed to playble level).

Quote Originally Posted by dalkyn
    Right now (at lvl 70) the Spirit Wolves are hitting level 68 caster mobs for 60-70.

Compare that to a Ice mage pet hitting for 600-700, at range, slowing you and casting a ranged frost nova (oh yeah, that only 41 points too, not 51).

Anyway, it's still beta, but I wonder why they wouldn't start with something relatively balanced in the first implementation rather than random numbers (just like the obviously overpowered druid infected wounds or warlock metamorphosis which just got nerfed to playble level).
    If your talking about the video of the T6 shaman and the 1 spirit wolf she summoned, that was nowhere near the final creation of our 51 point talent :P theres definately more to it, plus she didn't look like she had much AP(which hopefully scales the with the wolves), the talent has a NYI next to it in the talent tree so the 60-70 hits should be stronger come time, however if the dogs get stuns and snares from what I read from the blue post, I won't even care about dps because between those and the push back I'd be fairly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    * Why shouldn't a magical attack cause threat? We just need a talent that reduces threat from all attacks, not just physical.
    *The WF cooldown is fine, we do good dps & in wotlk we will get the windfury totem buff + our self buff
    *I'm fine with 20 yards, we are buffing melee classes and we all are pretty close.
    *Sham rage is fine, I never run out of mana even totem twisting
    *Hex isn't supposed to be a constant cc, I'm fine with that. Its just to make shamans more viable for 5mans on the big pulls.
    They're readjusting the base threat of each class to help with the threat problem.

Our Wolves are [NYI], meaning Blizzard could erase the talent from the tree. I wouldn't be suprised if they did take out Feral Spirit and Spectral Transformation and put Weapon Specialization and Imp. Shamanistic Rage back in the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikaga
    They're readjusting the base threat of each class to help with the threat problem.

Our Wolves are [NYI], meaning Blizzard could erase the talent from the tree. I wouldn't be suprised if they did take out Feral Spirit and Spectral Transformation and put Weapon Specialization and Imp. Shamanistic Rage back in the tree.
    Im with you on the wep spec but not spectral transformation even if its a half ass travel form its still better than imp shamanistic rage... cause that was just broken

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    Im with you on the wep spec but not spectral transformation even if its a half ass travel form its still better than imp shamanistic rage... cause that was just broken
    I think they could do away with Guardian Totems and Anticipation to fit some better talents into the talent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigga
    It does
    not according to the tool-tip

Maelstrom Weapon Rank 5

When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you reduce the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    not according to the tool-tip

Maelstrom Weapon Rank 5

When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you reduce the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds.
    Maelstrom Weapon now reduces the casting time of any spell by 4/8/12/16/20% when you critically hit with a melee weapon. (Old version : was only affecting Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

scroll down just below half way of the front page

Maelstrom Weapon now reduces the casting time of any spell by 4/8/12/16/20% when you critically hit with a melee weapon. (Old version : was only affecting Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

scroll down just below half way of the front page
    With that in mind it MIGHT make it suck less for PVP since you can toss the highest rank heal you have when you're getting wtfpwnd (if you're not stunned of course) lawlz but will it matter in the end? probably not

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ3ster
    One thing I honestly think Blizzard could do to really help totems is someway of moving them and refreshing them.

"Restomp" (just a lingo name)
    20% of the mana cost of all Totems currently active from the Shaman.
    Moves all active totems to the feet of the caster also refreshing their timers.
    In all honesty, this would be a great, non-OP solution for totem managing.
    I hope you're gonna make a serious suggestion post on the right forums with that idea, cause that's exactly what I would love to see implemented.

unstopable mode made in to shamanistic rage would be way way way way too op ie against shadowpriest. It is already a dmg race to the max who can get who down quicker and big red shamans in unstopable mode with all their new fancy tricks would lead in to just one question, Do i die in 2 seconds or in 8 seconds?

Yes I do, I already give them crit, spell damage, agi/str, and haste why do I have to reduce armor for them too thats just over the top. I don't mind enhanceing my raid but I'd like to enjoy it while I do it. Removing maelstrom will return us right back to where we are now which is a flame shock > earth shock > storm strike > twisting rotation, accept the twist doesn't exist anymore even more boredom. The game gets boring after a while thats one of the reasons for making an expansion.
    Maelstrom is bad ass compared to a flat(boring ass) 25% damage on crits, Armor Pen and w/e the mace one is thats strictly pve cause who wants to have 10/15 seconds of haste when one you'll probably be stunned or CCd through it.
    We're a buffing class, if you just want to do DPS, roll a Fury Warrior or a Rogue tbh, you might get new interest in the game or something.
    And Weapon spec still very interesting, especially since you could combo 2 weapons and play with those procs (mace/fist combo for PvE for example. Or axe/other for PvP)

Mana intensity hasn't been an issue in beta nor has it been in live so I prefer the extra rotation plus a free heal that all the dispelling classes can feel free to try and prevent by wasting mana and purging/dispelling...........also with Elemental Focus and Elemental Devastation being added into the mix mana will be even less of a problem since shaman focus stacks ontop of it.
    Shamanistic Focus only works on Shocks and Elemental Devastation doesn't reduce mana cost of spells, it will only decrease the time in between instant, expensive Lava Burst/Lightning Bolts.

BTW as of right now Lightning shield cost no mana for the person that said it will run us OoM or at least last time I checked.
    It still costs 50mp5 for not being able to have Water Shield up. On top of the extra mana procs lost ofc.