Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

@Enhancement Shamans: Anything still needed to fix past problems?

If so, what is it? I would like to know the problems. Maybe even suggest a way to address the problem.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: @Enhancement Shamans: Anything still needed to fix past problems?

* Threat from magical attacks
    * WF cooldown
    * Totems still at 20y range base (especially now that they're going raid-wide)
    * Sham Rage being too short, especially for it's PvE purposes
    * Hex not being a constant CC

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    * WF cooldown
    * WF procs used to proc off special attacks (Stormstrike/weapon procs)
    * WF procs used to proc other WF procs.

i want those back :'(
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    * WF procs used to proc off special attacks (Stormstrike/weapon procs)
    * WF procs used to proc other WF procs.

i want those back :'(
    windfury still procs from stormstrike... i just doesnt proc for other poeples instant attacks.
    3 second cooldown was put in to counter the effect of a constant windfury chain. however id like them to give both main and offhand sepperate cooldowns, this will disable the whole "offhand stealing from mainhand" stuff that alot of people are still going on about, and in terms alowe shamans to equip more varius weapons and not be compleetly screwed over by the 3 sec. rule.

Not just an enh shaman problem, but a general shaman problem. Totems only having 5 hp and being eliminated by automated pet macros. This is especially painful for Resto shamans. Imagine having 6 talent points and a 5min cd (5 in imp mana spring just so you can get 1 in mana tide) eliminated by a pet macro or a rank 1 moonfire/whatever spell macro. I know that priests would start a riot if people could do that to their shadow fiend (which doesn't even take talents).

Having to spam tremor and windfury totem is very hard on an Enh shamans manapool, yet he is required to keep them down (else why bring a shaman?)

This has received no blue response ever since it was brought up.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    windfury still procs from stormstrike... i just doesnt proc for other poeples instant attacks.
    3 second cooldown was put in to counter the effect of a constant windfury chain. however id like them to give both main and offhand sepperate cooldowns, this will disable the whole "offhand stealing from mainhand" stuff that alot of people are still going on about, and in terms alowe shamans to equip more varius weapons and not be compleetly screwed over by the 3 sec. rule.
    Just no CD at all tbh.
    The CD was initially put in so it could not proc from itself.
    But with the changes they have made with e.g. Windfury Totem only proccing from white dmg, they can't do that for Windfury Weapon.
    Windfury currently does not proc ANYTHING!! Not even the Darkmoon Card, since the WF hits themselves are considered procs nowadays. (And procs don't proc procs)
    They have to either make WF an ability that can proc things such as Judgements etc AND/OR remove the cooldown so it's infact a 20% proc rate, not 15%

Imo there are only two problems:
    Totems -> range and above mentioned 5hp thingy :L
    Threat

Damage is fine... realy. Got shaman, maybe not godly geared and not playing it anymore but 61 lvl 2k windfury's with fist of reckoning are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

They should just make the WF timer based on MH weapon speed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrus
    Imo there are only two problems:
    Totems -> range and above mentioned 5hp thingy :L
    Threat

Damage is fine... realy. Got shaman, maybe not godly geared and not playing it anymore but 61 lvl 2k windfury's with fist of reckoning are fine.
    my suggestion for a totem fix is that it should be melee damage only (ie totems are immune to spell damage)

Damage wise yes, shaman is fine, but our damage is too spikey. with removal of WF cooldown damage can be even'd out a bit. Making a WF cooldown the same as weaponspeed would help with both problems of the WF proccing more WF's.. and Offhand eating WF cooldowns.
    It's just a game.

Like others have said our dps is fine considering we are a support class. The health and range of totems could be better and getting weapons as a shaman is tough, having to make sure its slower than 2.6 for WF procs so they should do something with WF to allow any weapon speed

I dont get what the problem is with shamanistic rage? To me it seems all fine.
    Only problem i see is that it is pretty difficult getting a propper weapon for DW if you are enh. since most weapons is quiet fast.
    Totems works fine aswell totems are ment to be 1hitted and have lesser range, else it would be way to overpowered.
    Imo shamans always have been as a support class whos primary target is to buff other players. And they are still quiet easy soloing with compared to some other classes.

In a way to get the weapons with the right attack speed you could get a kind of abitlity which would like ½ the attack speed but deal extra damage with hits and then make some restrictions with it so you couldn't deal to heavy burst damage on a WF procs (like making it only able to use on weapons with between 1,5-2,5 base speed)

As of what they've done now in talents i cant say im too happy to be honest... we still have worthless talents like Anticipation %5 dodge.... really do we need dodge?.... Toughness %10 armor and %50 less slowed... ok lets up this up a bit... make it %20-40 to resist stuns/snares in 3-5 talent points then were talking. Or earths grasp for that matter... worthless talents bloated trees dont help enh shammies when it comes to pvp.

Maelstrom is gonna suck for PVP there's nothing that's been said atm to consider it to be good or even decent at the moment.... we all know we wont have a chance in hell to keep those charges up on pvp so we'll most likely end up using a small quick cast to get the full benefit.

5 points to increase int by %10... so we get 1ap per int thats cool... but 5 points just for that... rather steep price... and of course none of us know whats the deal with the spirit wolfs will they suxxorz or rulz we wont know.
    The only thing i only want from them is a small stun (used to either stop a cast when ES is down or when someones running away) and a small snare %30-50 slowed perhaps stack able with earthbind totem and we got ourselves a OP'd talent
    seeing how we'll have them out for 45 secs out of 2 min meaning roughly %40 of the time they will be out so we can breathe easily if they just have a stun and a snare

Quote Originally Posted by zulida
    I dont get what the problem is with shamanistic rage? To me it seems all fine.
    Only problem i see is that it is pretty difficult getting a propper weapon for DW if you are enh. since most weapons is quiet fast.
    Totems works fine aswell totems are ment to be 1hitted and have lesser range, else it would be way to overpowered.
    Imo shamans always have been as a support class whos primary target is to buff other players. And they are still quiet easy soloing with compared to some other classes.

In a way to get the weapons with the right attack speed you could get a kind of abitlity which would like ½ the attack speed but deal extra damage with hits and then make some restrictions with it so you couldn't deal to heavy burst damage on a WF procs (like making it only able to use on weapons with between 1,5-2,5 base speed)
    You are either not a shaman, a very inexperienced shaman, or just an idiot.

Shamanistic Rage is a 2 sided talent. It's PvE use is to restore mana for long fights in raids. It's PvP use is to reduce dmg by 30%. This is a 41 pt. talent. It should last longer than 15secs, give a bigger benefit, or just be changed to be exactly like Beast Within. Hunters did not need Beast Within to keep range...and they sure as hell don't need it now.

It is difficult to get good DW weps...this is the only shred of sense your posts makes. This problem seems to be adressed in WotLK so although it is a sensible argument...it is moot at this point. Anyone with half a brain and 30 mins to play a week can get S1/S2 weps and be just fine.

Totems are not fine. In PvE yes they are ok. The range is small which can be troublesome during highly mobile fights; so that may be something to look at for PvE. For PvP they are just about the most worthless abilities in the game. They can be the one thing that turns the fight in our favor during PvP...unfortuantely they are the one thing that can be dealt with just as fast as we can use them. Furthermore they are VERY mana intensive for enh. A SoE or GoA totem costs 2xx mana and can be killed by 1 push of a macro....that means no effect, no point, and 2xx mana lost for NOTHING!.

I have no idea wtf you are talking about with your last statement...why in the world do we want to cut our atk speed in half? Might as well nerf our dps by half and make us totem spam spec and not do anything else. Why would you want to limit WF to a wep range speed? By doing so you eliminate 2h weps altogether and put a max speed range on what we can use...."OMG Look at that awesome new 1h'er....crap it's 2.8 speed and WF caps at 2.7 guess I gotta keep using my "Green Fist of WTFRUTHINKING!"

You have got to be kidding me about wanting to limit Enh burst dmg.....ummm it's kinda what we do. Our entire basis is procs and Chance on Hit's. Enh Shaman are slaves to the RNG. Take away our burst and we are just war's with less armor and no MS....

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    As of what they've done now in talents i cant say im too happy to be honest... we still have worthless talents like Anticipation %5 dodge.... really do we need dodge?.... Toughness %10 armor and %50 less slowed... ok lets up this up a bit... make it %20-40 to resist stuns/snares in 3-5 talent points then were talking. Or earths grasp for that matter... worthless talents bloated trees dont help enh shammies when it comes to pvp.

Maelstrom is gonna suck for PVP there's nothing that's been said atm to consider it to be good or even decent at the moment.... we all know we wont have a chance in hell to keep those charges up on pvp so we'll most likely end up using a small quick cast to get the full benefit.

5 points to increase int by %10... so we get 1ap per int thats cool... but 5 points just for that... rather steep price... and of course none of us know whats the deal with the spirit wolfs will they suxxorz or rulz we wont know.
    The only thing i only want from them is a small stun (used to either stop a cast when ES is down or when someones running away) and a small snare %30-50 slowed perhaps stack able with earthbind totem and we got ourselves a OP'd talent
    seeing how we'll have them out for 45 secs out of 2 min meaning roughly %40 of the time they will be out so we can breathe easily if they just have a stun and a snare
    Yes we need dodge...Warrior's are getting nerfed...Overpower is not reactive to dodge and does not deal any extra dmg....

Please, please, do not ever bad mouth Toughness. Extra armor and 50% less time on snares is huge. Thats 2x the amount of hamstring spam. 5 less seconds a hunter can get range....5 less seconds a mage can get range....1/2 time is huge...don't talk about it.

Earth's grasp being worthless is about the only thing you got right. Although for leveling it is very nice to have. If you didn't learn how to use Stoneclaw while leveling don't knock the guy who did.

Maelstrom effects our next SPELL. So you get insta heals in pvp...what else needs to be said about it? If you can't land 5 crits in 1 min of fighting then lord help you. Yea 15 sec duration...it refreshes everytime you crit...think please. Maelstrom is probably the one singular ability that will help boost our class the most.

5 points=1ap/int....yea I'll spend 5 points for an immediate 250ish atk pow increase. 5 points is SO worth the extra atk pow...if you don't think so maybe you haven't been paying attention the last couple of years....

We don't need stuns, and we have enough snares just learn to use them.

It's people like the two I have responded to that give Enh a bad name and create a world of craptastic talents/abilities for us due to a misunderstanding of the class and game mechanics...and these are the same people who get to represent the Enh Sham comm. in the Beta....WTG Blizz on random beta invites.

Maelstrom Weapon Rank 5 "When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you reduce the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds."

Hmm... can I get 5 crits in 15 seconds? Yes! Instant cast! And with flurry automatically up (crit crit crit) that cast will be cheaper.

Spectral Transformation "You have a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when you transform into a Ghost Wolf, and your Spirit Wolves to have a 100% chance to be immune to all stun, snare and movement Impairing effects when summoned."

Zomg... I'ma Druid!

Are these not OP?

Also... I had understood that the Windfury Totem is becoming a character buff instead of a weapon buff, which should mean you will be able to drop the windfury totem, and have the windfury weapon on, and get the benefits of both. (which would be nice, I always feel lame dropping a totem that doesn't benefit me as well as the rest of the melee in the party.)

Maelstrom is AMAZING for PVP, it's probably even overpowered in its current form. Every 5 crits, you get an instant cast spell. That means we basically get free NS/HW combo after every 5 crits you get. Or, if you're not taking too much damage, a free CL or LaB for when your target gets low and you need that extra bit of burst to get him down before he gets a heal, or gets low and then CCs you and runs away.

Totems do need to be changed somehow. 5hp that can be killed with a pet or wand macro is a joke. Either give the totems a % of the shamans base hp (5% perhaps?) or somehow make them so that they can't be targeted using a macro. Then if people want to kill our totems, they'll actually have to expend some effort.

Windfury cooldown would be my only other gripe. Either put each hand on a different cooldown like it used to be, or shorten the cooldown. 3 seconds is not needed to prevent chain procs, even 0.5 seconds would be fine, hell, 0.1 would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    Yes we need dodge...Warrior's are getting nerfed...Overpower is not reactive to dodge and does not deal any extra dmg....

Please, please, do not ever bad mouth Toughness. Extra armor and 50% less time on snares is huge. Thats 2x the amount of hamstring spam. 5 less seconds a hunter can get range....5 less seconds a mage can get range....1/2 time is huge...don't talk about it.

Earth's grasp being worthless is about the only thing you got right. Although for leveling it is very nice to have. If you didn't learn how to use Stoneclaw while leveling don't knock the guy who did.

Maelstrom effects our next SPELL. So you get insta heals in pvp...what else needs to be said about it? If you can't land 5 crits in 1 min of fighting then lord help you. Yea 15 sec duration...it refreshes everytime you crit...think please. Maelstrom is probably the one singular ability that will help boost our class the most.

5 points=1ap/int....yea I'll spend 5 points for an immediate 250ish atk pow increase. 5 points is SO worth the extra atk pow...if you don't think so maybe you haven't been paying attention the last couple of years....

We don't need stuns, and we have enough snares just learn to use them.

It's people like the two I have responded to that give Enh a bad name and create a world of craptastic talents/abilities for us due to a misunderstanding of the class and game mechanics...and these are the same people who get to represent the Enh Sham comm. in the Beta....WTG Blizz on random beta invites.
    So im a crap enh because i disagree with the fact that:

* 5 points for %10 int isn't worth it and they had it right when it was 3 points...
    * 5 Points to get %5 dodge when we dont need dodge as much as other things or for that matter just change it to reduce dmg all together like many other classes have?
    * I never said toughness was crap but it could use a boost with resisting instead of shortening durations
    * Maelstrom is still crap in pvp when it can be dispelled or did you miss that part? oh it refreshes itself when you crit great! now try to keep critting to stack it faster while you're stunned gg
    * and lastly i didn't say we needed a stun but the wolfs better have a stun even if it has a long cooldown

You're right i am a crap enh because you said so lawlz

So im a crap enh because i disagree with the fact that:

* 5 points for %10 int isn't worth it and they had it right when it was 3 points...
    * 5 Points to get %5 dodge when we dont need dodge as much as other things or for that matter just change it to reduce dmg all together like many other classes have?
    * I never said toughness was crap but it could use a boost with resisting instead of shortening durations
    * Maelstrom is still crap in pvp when it can be dispelled or did you miss that part? oh it refreshes itself when you crit great! now try to keep critting to stack it faster while you're stunned gg
    * and lastly i didn't say we needed a stun but the wolfs better have a stun even if it has a long cooldown

You're right i am a crap enh because you said so lawlz
    You have fucking travel form be happy, you don't need fucking 50% immunity to everything, if you got that I want your healing removed in Enhancment form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    * Threat from magical attacks
    * WF cooldown
    * Totems still at 20y range base (especially now that they're going raid-wide)
    * Sham Rage being too short, especially for it's PvE purposes
    * Hex not being a constant CC
    * Why shouldn't a magical attack cause threat? We just need a talent that reduces threat from all attacks, not just physical.
    *The WF cooldown is fine, we do good dps & in wotlk we will get the windfury totem buff + our self buff
    *I'm fine with 20 yards, we are buffing melee classes and we all are pretty close.
    *Sham rage is fine, I never run out of mana even totem twisting
    *Hex isn't supposed to be a constant cc, I'm fine with that. Its just to make shamans more viable for 5mans on the big pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by d8abyte
    Bit confused here

Maelstrom Weapon
    When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you reduce the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds.

In a previous post someone said that this effects our next spell meaning insta heals. But the description states otherwise.

Can anyone confirm that you will be able to insta heal or are people just misunderstanding the talent?
    The tooltip just hasn't been changed, its any spell

15+ Year Old Account

I might be abit confused, but I thought WF was getting changed in Wrath to 20% haste and if so why all discussion?