Spell Damage vs San Aura

Which seems better so far?

It seems to me that getting Spell Damage seems like a great thing, but we lost another great thing.(San Aura)

Ret now gets a Percentage of Spell Damage from Attack Power, but then a Fraction of that Spell Damage would be applied to Spells.

San Aura increased the damage of the Spells by Percentage.

I wouldnt have mind seeing them both, but one or the other, just seems like a nerf.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: Spell Damage vs San Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor

It seems to me that getting Spell Damage seems like a great thing, but we lost another great thing.(San Aura)

Ret now gets a Percentage of Spell Damage from Attack Power, but then a Fraction of that Spell Damage would be applied to Spells.

I wouldnt have mind seeing them both, but one or the other, just seems like a nerf.
    But with Talents, Retribution Aura gives 2% more damage and 3% haste resulting in 5% more damage (all damage, not just holy) for you AND your raid (everyone, caster and melee).
    I think this is huge buff for retribution raid viability and with the spell damage from attack power it makes up to the loss of san aura.
    The 10% holy dmg from san aura were pretty much useless for everyone else in the raid (except a prot paladin). Insteand of buffing 1 you're buffing 24 people now.

The only drawback is the shockadin spec looses the 10% holy boost.

you got art of war which is pretty nice.
    QQ less ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor

Spell Damage Co-efficients is what you need to look at.

Also, you need to take into consideration our Hybrid Possibilities with 30% Ap = Spelldamage

Ret Paladin, end-game, self-buffed 2100 AP (Easy to do, even for average end-game ret paladins) turns into 700 Spelldamage

Already here, they have +700 Healing

Not to mention the boost to Consecration (which we all know has a crazy Co-efficient) Couple that with our new Mana efficiency, Judgement of Blood/The Martyr and JoC, 30% AP -> Spell Damage is a lot better than the 10% Spell Damage we had from sanctity aura. Not to mention we now get to use Ret Aura, get 3% haste more than with Sanct aura, and have a tool that the Tank will love us for for extra threat generation...yeah, It's better, in every way possible.

Don't forget that our damaging seals and judgements (include SoR and JoR dmg) are now scaled with both AP and spell power.

For ret, our SoC/SoB/SoM and their respective judgement dmg will hit harder than we have now. Might have to do the calculation, but the overall might be just a 10% dmg increase without sanc aura.

BUT, ret aura got buffed + it actually gives you more raid utility and buffs your haste. So overall, it's a huge buff.

(ret never needs too much dps buff in raids anywayz, since it brings so much utility and damage already) But all these buffs will make ret very damn viable.