Thread: Mind control?

Mind control?

Just looking at the wotLK priest spells, and I could only spot the 1st rank of Mind Control listed in shadow spells (which only allows you to MC someone up to lvl 32).

I'm gonna assume that they'll add in higher ranks of this at some time to let you control mobs up to lvl 80 but has anyone heard anything official about why it's not there yet?

Is it just that they can't decide whether to just change the highest current rank to include mobs up to lvl 80 or whether to introduce a new higher rank for these mobs?

Or are they thinking of doing something more radical - like switching it to a talent instead? As a holy priest, I would be very peeved if they did this....

Re: Mind control?

well im not 100% sure ad i cant link u any source but i think i have read that they gonna leave only 1 rank for this spell with no level cap or with caster's level cap
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Yeah, they're gonna make it a 'rank-less' spell (like Levitate)

Go go level 1's MC'ing 80's :b

i too remember reading a while ago (1.5 weeks ago? ) that they are gonna remove ranks from MC and Mind Soothe, might prolly be affected by spell hit/penetration...(this is speculation on my behalf) ...so...yeah...gogo lvl 1s MCing lvl 80s

Hmm, interesting.

So, with Mind Control, it's a channelled spell that's, I think, not resistable (or at least, I've never had it resist that I can tell). It only breaks when the channel runs out - either just timing out, or because you're getting hit by something else that breaks your concentration.

So, would that mean that they'll make it resistable to stop low levels mind controlled high levels? Would you need DPS gear to ensure that it works? Or would MC only work on mobs that are equal or below your current level? that'll be a pain because I often use it when I'm levelling and there's a good chance that mobs are one or two levels above me...

uhm afair it always was resistable, and breakable as well. i still remember those whipes when priest's mind control was resisted pulling aggro on whole party or mobs breaking from mc too early 2 shotting priest before anyone could notice
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

you can only MC people 2 levels above you.

thats why it says level 32.. since you learn it at 30. .. when youa re 31, you can MC level 33 .. etc.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    you can only MC people 2 levels above you.

thats why it says level 32.. since you learn it at 30. .. when youa re 31, you can MC level 33 .. etc.
    This guy speaks the truth. Also, MC was always affected by spell hit rating. Every few seconds during the mind control, your target is given a resist check. The more hit you have, the better your chance of landing the spell, and the better the chance that it'd last the entire duration. (And with most of the pve encounters, you really want it to last the whole duration, because you rarely have enough time to shield yourself and start that cast again if that dang dual wielding zerker gets its paws on you)

As for PVP, mind control is garbage in my experience. I usually cast it up on the lumber mill, and when someone stays in range long enough, and close enough to the edge long enough, and nobody is damaging me for long enough, and I actually LAND the spell, it usually breaks within a second or two, if not sooner.

If it was insta-cast and unresistable, well then >D