Although not mentioned on the front page of MMO-Champion, mages did get some tweaks during last nights patch as far as I understood it. The american community manager Nethaera updated her post with the underlined mage and shaman changes. I'll copy the ones I find the most interesting: (that being mostly the PvP-oriented changes.)
- Arcane Subtlety now reduces the chance your spells will be dispelled by 15/35%, and no longer reduces the resistance of targets. (Used to be only 30%, didn't it? More dispell resistance for the win nontheless, even if it was 35% from the beginning.
- Arctic Reach now also affects Deep Freeze. (Awesome. Staying too close to a target as a mage is always scary. Every extra range is a godsend.)
- Elemental Precision moved to tier 2. (Not sure about this change. It's somewhat a nerf, as going deep fire won't let you pick both this one and Focus Magic anymore. You'll have to chose one of them.)
- Empowered Fireball reduced to 3 ranks, now increases damage by 5/10/15% of spell power. (2 extra talent points to put wherever you feel like. Awesome.)
- Empowered Frostbolt reduced to 2 ranks, increases damage by 5/10% of spell power and increases critical hit chance by 2/4%. (My jaw practically dropped when I saw this. Since they changed the frost tree some days ago I felt that I didn't have enough talent points to put around. This is three talent points being freed up. This is awesome.)
- Ice Floes renamed Cold as Ice, now reduces cooldown of Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, Summon Water Elemental, and Deep Freeze by 10/20%. (This one is rather interesting. Water Elemental as well. Paired up with Imp. WE, we'll like run around with a Water Elemental up constantly unless killed. Less cooldown on Deep Freeze is nice as well.)
- Improved Frost Nova renamed Ice Floes, moved to tier 1, increased to 3 ranks, now reduces cooldown of Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Ice Block, and Icy Veins by 7/14/20%. (Less cooldown on Icy Veins is -also- a godsend. Should've stayed 2 ranks (10/20%) in my opinion though, but still a strong talent in my opinion.)
- Shatter no longer has a prerequisite. (Doesn't change much for me, but I guess this might help some speccs get more interesting talents than -cooldown on FN.)
Some of you might want to know that Fiery Payback is changed to give Pyroblast a 5 second cooldown. No more spamming, but this was honestly bound to happen. It was too strong as it was, and it is still a good talent. It's changed to decrease ALL damage (not only physical and fire) by 20%, and still decrease pyroblast's casting time by 3.5, but now it gives Pyroblast a 5 second cooldown as well.
Full list of changes here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...69973&sid=2000
Talent calculator also somewhat changed, although some talents are bugged (for example Emp. Frostbolt): http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talents2.html
And I'm sorry if this has been posted already. I briefed through the forums rather fast but couldn't find anything. Feel free to slap me if it's been up and discussed before.