Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The new mage talents

Did anyone else notice the updated talent "World In Flames"?
    According to the description it ...
    "Increases the critical strike chance of your Flamestrike, Blast Wave, Dragon's Breath, Living Bomb, Blizzard and Arcane Explosion spells by 6%"

Maybe i'm way behind on the times here... but since when did Blizzard critically hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Araneatrox
    Your forgetting something about that change aswell... Master of Elements is still in the Talent Build. Which Refunds 30% Of the base mana cost of a critical, This way you only get 25% back for an extra 25% crit damage. Thats something i can live with.
    I did some basic theorycrafting, and the extra crit damage bonus actually more than compensates for the 5% increase of mana cost, regardless of whether you have Master of Elements or not. With the new Burnout, you will get better damage-per-mana than you would without it. You'll obviously be running out of mana faster, but you'll have done slightly more damage by the time that happens. Think of it as a crit-based haste talent.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muse
    "Increases the critical strike chance of your Flamestrike, Blast Wave, Dragon's Breath, Living Bomb, Blizzard and Arcane Explosion spells by 6%"

Maybe i'm way behind on the times here... but since when did Blizzard critically hit?
    Blizzard will crit in WotLK. In fact, it's criting right now on the beta servers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by auren
    They are crap. Don't suck up the shit Blizzard through at us again. Its a sugar coated turd and your licking it if u like em.

The things we needed, that we didn't actually get:

Better spell coefficients
    Anti-pushback talents for arcane and frost
    Shorter cooldowns (Arcane Flows is good, but other trees need shorter cooldowns)
    Better Armors to complete with locks

Unless you wish to continue to bow to your semi-god warlocks, don't be a sucker and do some research.

Only PvP mages will be happy...

Proof that there's just no satisfying the most devout mage-whiners. You would be a BE..
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Yeah first glance at the new talents make them look pretty good. At least we finally got some "new" stuff.

Knockback on blastwave will be very interesting considering blastwave is an AoE spell and mages do most their AoE damage when mobs are clumped closely together b/c of cone spells like Dragons breath or small radius like flame strike, so what good does the knockback do?

Is what I get out of this is spreading attacking mobs out = lower every party/raid members aoe damage, as well as possibly pulling more mobs if not used with extreme caution...

What if you are in an area which has cliffs or drop-offs and you knock a mob off of it, and it has to run a long way back to the raid, pulling a ton of other mobs on the way? I can definitely see this happening.

Also, making Pyro a 1.5 sec casts under 35% health is a very...very very interesting move on Blizz's part. Sub-35% health for a mage means that you may only have a second or two left to live. It wouldn't be worth the points to spec that way, though it would be nice to have it should the situation present itself.

In a raid I would much rather stay topped off and have consistent DPS then to have 1%-35% life and throwing 1.5 sec pyros...it's just way too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius

In a raid I would much rather stay topped off and have consistent DPS then to have 1%-35% life and throwing 1.5 sec pyros...it's just way too risky.
    On the other hand, it would give me something to do with all these Dark runes I've been saving from scholo...

So uh.... "World in Flames" states that it increases the critical strike chance of Blizzard. Am i missing something here, or are they going to make it finally be able to crit with those awesome blue shards of doom?

gna... its posted just 5 posting above... read...

Blizzard will crit in WotLK. In fact, it's criting right now on the beta servers!

They are crap. Don't suck up the shit Blizzard through at us again. Its a sugar coated turd and your licking it if u like em.

The things we needed, that we didn't actually get:

Better spell coefficients
    Anti-pushback talents for arcane and frost
    Shorter cooldowns (Arcane Flows is good, but other trees need shorter cooldowns)
    Better Armors to complete with locks

Unless you wish to continue to bow to your semi-god warlocks, don't be a sucker and do some research.

Only PvP mages will be happy...

Did you actually LOOK at the Arcane changes?

First of all i'm happy about these changes as Blizzard is getting in the right way however :

Improved Scorch - More damage types added, now your Scorch spells have a 33/66/100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Fire, Frost and Arcane damage, increasing damage taken by 2/4/6/6/10% and lasts 30 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.
    Very, very cool. Now we have mages who support each other with different specs in a raid. THIS is what we need more of.
    If i understand very well, we have earned something great, a wonderfull synergy with other specs as we give them a 10% damage bonus which is wonderfull .... at the cost of loosing 5% damage bonus for the fire tree :/

What do you think about that plz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Proof that there's just no satisfying the most devout mage-whiners. You would be a BE..
    This shows how little you know of mages. They are PvP changes, nothing big has changed to fix scaling with other classes on PvE terms.

One day that lil brain of yours might figure it out.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    Did you actually LOOK at the Arcane changes?
    LOOK again

Arcane Blast - nerfed

Spell rotations wont be solid since Missile Barrage is ONLY a 15% proc, meaning 7-8 casts on average before it procs.

I find it sad that almost every mage creamed their pants with the changes, but didn't realise that they are mostly utility changes.

LOOK again

Arcane Blast - nerfed

Spell rotations wont be solid since Missile Barrage is ONLY a 15% proc, meaning 7-8 casts on average before it procs.

I find it sad that almost every mage creamed their pants with the changes, but didn't realise that they are only utility changes.
    They removed the added mana cost from AM. And reduced (talented) the cooldown on AP. This allows for more AM use. I envision Barrage when it's up, Blast when it's not, and Missles on procs (or more often depending on mana comsumption). Looking at some of the gear, it seems our mana pools will increase a fair amount, and the added spirit will help out Arcane mages much more than any other spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    They removed the added mana cost from AM. And reduced (talented) the cooldown on AP. This allows for more AM use. I envision Barrage when it's up, Blast when it's not, and Missles on procs (or more often depending on mana comsumption). Looking at some of the gear, it seems our mana pools will increase a fair amount, and the added spirit will help out Arcane mages much more than any other spec.
    1 - Arcane Missiles doesn't scale all that well
    2 - Arcane Blast got nerfed
    3 - One of the best Arcane mages gave up - Fireangel
    4 - Your speculating I bet

O, gee, speculating about beta changes?! OMG NO WAI!

I find it sad that almost every mage creamed their pants with the changes, but didn't realise that they are mostly utility changes.
    not almost as sad as every-change-whining-mages...

1 - we'll see how coeffs will be when LK goes live...
    2 - sure, the haste effect is gone... but as arcane mage ab gains 6% crit, 9% bonus dmg, 6% haste, 6yd range besides the new 15% dmg effect (let the theorycrafter calculate how much of an dps/pm nerf this is... or give me numbers pls...)
    3 - seriously... who cares?
    4 - hey... speculating is allowed in beta ;-)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by eXit
    since when is it 1.5 second cast? pyro = 6 sec cast, it reduces cooldown of pyro 3.5

6 - 3.5 = ???

math please, and you are right though, idiotic to waste points in that talent.
    actually pyro seems to be 5 second cast, so 5-3.5=1,5 pyro
    but indeed that talent seems kinda waste, unless you can be alive with under 35% hp

Quote Originally Posted by JynX!
    not almost as sad as every-change-whining-mages...
    ZOMG, they redone mage talents. We must be good, right?? ...no. They are PvP orientated.
    Every newbie mage thought they are amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by JynX!
    1 - we'll see how coeffs will be when LK goes live...
    2 - sure, the haste effect is gone... but as arcane mage ab gains 6% crit, 9% bonus dmg, 6% haste, 6yd range besides the new 15% dmg effect (let the theorycrafter calculate how much of an dps/pm nerf this is... or give me numbers pls...)
    3 - seriously... who cares?
    4 - hey... speculating is allowed in beta ;-)
    Our Spell Coefficients will remain well below warlocks. They didnt change them in TBC, do you really expect them to now??

AB did not gain +6% crit, it only got moved. Although it did gain + 6% damage which u left out.
    New AB does less damage overall on a single target, but with the new arcane debuffs, it may be alright,...but will there be another stupidly good 2p t5 set bonus at lvl 80 ...?

raidin with below 35% health and spamming pyroblasts , thats the deal boyz !