Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: The new mage talents

gonna throw you a heal just to be nice<3

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Esra
    raidin with below 35% health and spamming pyroblasts , thats the deal boyz !
    That would be like in Za while stealing flamecasters lovely buff <3

Quote Originally Posted by uniq
    frost looks pretty bomb to me, can't wait for some more pvp.

As for fire, again a lot of AOE bs talents, Fiery Payback looks interesting, I would hope that the reduced pyroblast cast would work for a lil bit even if your toped off after the 35%, otherwise i don't think a mage should sit at 35% for too long :O
    In my imagination, so far teh fire tree dosen't have anything "omg op". It's either give us to be the top casters, or give us something to bring to the raid =[ Even tho, now we buff the fire locks tho? =o
    Wow, buff firelocks. very many out there.
    Most end-game guilds dosnt use them. Since Shadow locks are generally better.
    I hope blizzard do something to mage, so they dont have to me the most usesless class in PvE raiding.
    The only thing mage is good for, is sheep and food rly

All the endgame interviews says mage is the most unneeded class aswell, so don't bother telling me any other class is more useless
    There is no truth.

Quote Originally Posted by tranmet
    actually pyro seems to be 5 second cast, so 5-3.5=1,5 pyro
    but indeed that talent seems kinda waste, unless you can be alive with under 35% hp
    Damn this should've gone live when sunwell came, we would have dominated brutallus meters ;D
    Put mage outside the soakgroups and do 1,5s pyros the whole fight lololol. Might cause some manaissues I guess but that'd be some ridiculous damage
    Desktop Rig: Intel i9-10850K, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

My question is wtf?
    Gives your Arcane Blast, Fireball, Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolt spells a 15% chance to reduce the channeled duration of the next Arcane Missiles spell by 2.5 secs and fire missiles every .5 secs.
    New spell? I can't find that:/

Deleted

I quess those fire missiles means like fireball and pyroblast, I can be wrong tho

"fire missiles" means that your Arcane Missile spell will fire a missile every .5 seconds during the channeled duration.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ZaHuBa
    My question is wtf?
    New spell? I can't find that:/
    I was confused also, but then I read it again and it made sense. It should say launch missiles or release missiles, instead of fire missiles.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by auren
    ZOMG, they redone mage talents. We must be good, right?? ...no. They are PvP orientated.
    Every newbie mage thought they are amazing...
    I didnt say that... you did...
    (every mage, who likes one of the new talent changes regarding pve is a noob... lol... you are funny... seriously.)
    but (without pointing every change out again) several changes aren't only pvp related and mages aren't done yet.
    just stop whining around... nobody cares.

Our Spell Coefficients will remain well below warlocks. They didnt change them in TBC, do you really expect them to now??
    now, you're speculating...

Quote Originally Posted by JynX!
    I didnt say that... you did...
    (every mage, who likes one of the new talent changes regarding pve is a noob... lol... you are funny... seriously.)
    but (without pointing every change out again) several changes aren't only pvp related and mages aren't done yet.
    just stop whining around... nobody cares.
    now, you're speculating...
    You have a lot of faith in Blizzard, probably more then most mages.

We'll be seeing the new mage talents soon too...
    So we'll see if they are going to live up to this "raw, unadulterated damage" remark.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

hehe, nerfed....
    fire tree lost damage and got gimmicks and lost crit on some fire skills by 2%, and they gave some gimmicks to frost too and nerfed its decent talent to make it a 10% to treat as frozen till a frost spell hits it next attack which seems like someone else might even use your debuff aswell.
    mages now appear to only have one trained ability....

So the buff that would of made mages damage fairly good has been nerfed into something pretty crap in frost so they are now a worthless pve vending machine probably to make them more pvp suitable but come on one in 10 shots would give the debuff now it just gives one shot 50% crit from shatter a shot that could crit on it's own anyway and even with the debuff still may not it's pretty poor now.
    putting frostfire bolt into the chilled to the bone talent is good, however
    Brain Freeze
    Your Frost damage spells have a 15% chance to cause your next Fireball spell to be instant cast and cost no mana.
    (3 Ranks)
    WTF is a fireball proc deep in frost? it's rather apparent why it's called brain freeze.
    needs to have frostfirebolt added to the description.
    So anyway deep fire lost damage and deep frost lost damage how nice and shiny
    FEAR the polish pass ppl

Improved Flamestrike moved to tier 2, renamed World in Flames, now increases the critical hit chance of Flamestrike, Blast Wave, Dragon’s Breath, Living Bomb, Blizzard, and Arcane Explosion by 2/4/6%.
    Since when Blizzard was able to procc a crit?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thes
    Since when Blizzard was able to procc a crit?
    Try to read the whole topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

AB did not gain +6% crit, it only got moved. Although it did gain + 6% damage which u left out.
    New AB does less damage overall on a single target, but with the new arcane debuffs, it may be alright,...but will there be another stupidly good 2p t5 set bonus at lvl 80 ...?
    arcane blast did pick up 6% crit or so it looks
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

its just you have to put some points in to the fire tree to get it.Its probably a typo,of the 4 spells listed on the 1st tier fire talent in the middle of the bracket 3 are AoE and one is single target,im figureing they ment to add the extra crit to arcane explosion.If its not an error and arcane blast has a +12% chance to crit from 6 points in 2 talents in 2 trees that should offset the damage lost in the haste nerf.as an arcane mage currently(40-0-21 with bt and hyjal on farm and kalygos to 10% on both forms after 2 full nights of raid attempts)the haste change seems beneficial,that spell gets to such a low cast time with icy veins and the skull of guldan you dont have time to think ,let alone remember to cast arcane missiles when clearcast procs,by the time you realize you can take advantage of the missiles and clearcast combo you have already cast an arcane blast and started another one.

the above build was what I would go with for pve raiding if the expansion went live today.If the ruemors about having 2 specs available to swap back and forth on ,the other would be elementalist.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00030050200000

the changes announced this morning havent hit the mmo champion talent calculator,but seem to make the elementalist build more accessable(better placement of talents to avoid wasting points just to climb higer for better talents.)

You have a lot of faith in Blizzard, probably more then most mages.
    ;-)
    I didn't say, i like all changes... i appreciate some, i dislike some others...
    seriously, i wanted to reroll after i first saw the first alpha tree ;-)
    i'm patient... and if mages suck in pve endgame as much as they do now, i probably will abandon my mage...
    but, i will not cry over unfinished things... i'm still hoping blizz will fix some... (like blink... oh wait... f$§k! )