Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral Raid Spec - WOTLK - Obvious

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Thats the Talentbuild i would prefer for tanking. In my raid 90% of the time i'm tanking and not dps'ing, so i build my talents only for tanking.

Because of that you don't need:

Brutal Impact - PvP or Solofarming Talent, but not for tanking designed.
    Savage Fury - No Bear-Talent included!
    Imporved Leader of the Pack - The generated Heal over ImpLotP is not realy necessary. Your Healers can bring this also.
    King of the Jungle - Nice Talent, but as Feral you shoud reserve the Berserk Talent for Enrage or Low-Heal-Phases, where a Defwarrior would use Laststand. And thats why you don't need 15% more Damage done.
    Rend and Tear - Maul you don't use very often while tanking, because it uses GCD and interrupts your Whitehits. Your normal Tank and Aggro rotation is 1x Mangle 3x Lacerate and then again Mangle / 3x Lacerate.

The saved points you can put into

3/5 Feral Aggression - Warrior demoshout only is better when the warrior has improved demoshout and sometimes you dont have a warrior with improved demoshout in your group or raid.
    3/3 Primal Tenacity - 30% less time to be feared and 30% less damage when stunned. good tank-talent

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uzulia
    3/5 Feral Aggression - Warrior demoshout only is better when the warrior has improved demoshout and sometimes you dont have a warrior with improved demoshout in your group or raid.
    3/3 Primal Tenacity - 30% less time to be feared and 30% less damage when stunned. good tank-talent
    Ew, like the two worst talents to put points in. Gg. Now, I am someone who runs around with primal tencity right now, but it is definitely not necessary, and still wont be in WOTLK especially at what you are sacrificing to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    It is for feedback so that blizzard/others understand the way they should (in the opinions of others) be doing with the specific type of setup of talents for their class/spec. Regardless of whether or not these talents last or not, it gives us general ideas and knowledge on what would/might happen.
    i referred to posts like "this will be raiding spec in wotlk".
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    Ew, like the two worst talents to put points in. Gg. Now, I am someone who runs around with primal tencity right now, but it is definitely not necessary, and still wont be in WOTLK especially at what you are sacrificing to get it.
    a yeah, you are one of those druids who allways needs support from other classes(e.g. antifear-buff/totem, imp demoshout from warriors, nice heal when stunned, because you can't dodge attacks when stunned) and have to count at the talentbuilds from other classes. in my eyes its the easy, but wrong way...

15+ Year Old Account

a yeah, you are one of those druids who allways needs support from other classes(e.g. antifear-buff/totem, imp demoshout from warriors, nice heal when stunned, because you can't dodge attacks when stunned) and have to count at the talentbuilds from other classes. in my eyes its the easy, but wrong way...
    No, hence why I have the talent now. It is just not worth it anymore.

Here is my suggestion of leveling and cat/offtank build for PvE.

Leveling: http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Cat/offtank for pve: http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    You kidding me? Can't sacrifice thick hide for just about anything when raiding.
    Unless your a T6 raider with 36k armor and don't need anymore.....
    All spec's will vary for each player depending on what kind of progression they are going to see in LK

Quote Originally Posted by Thanntos
    Unless your a T6 raider with 36k armor and don't need anymore.....
    All spec's will vary for each player depending on what kind of progression they are going to see in LK
    Okay, do us a favor and go back to Vanilla WoW, get yourself a set of T3, spec 0/3 for Thick Hide and then go tank Kara.

Go on, we'll wait for you.

Congratulations, you now understand why everyone else is snickering at you when you say you don't need it if you're a T6 raider.

You're going to be uncapped against the first lvl74 mob you meet while leveling. Using the same armor formulas as Burning Crusade you're going to need ~50k armor to be capped against raid bosses in WotLK. In all likelihood, you're going to need more since they upped the formula when BC came out and they'll probably do it again when WotLK comes out.

You're not going to see gear that will get you anywhere near the armor cap for at least a year after WotLK. Bears will all be taking Thick Hide for quite a while yet.

The problem I have with Primal Tenacity (both in the current BC form and WotLK beta form) is that I have to plan for it not to work. If I count on it saving my ass all the time I'm going to wipe a lot, so I still have to ask Shammys to drop tremor totems whether I have the talent or not - it doesn't change my playstyle one bit. In fact, I consider the WotLK slightly worse than the current one. If my group can survive me being feared for 8 seconds, then they can probably survive me being feared for 12 seconds. If my healers can heal me if I don't dodge by chance 4 times in a row, then they can heal me if I get stunned and can't dodge for 6 seconds. It doesn't change anything much really.

My personal preference is to take talents that benefit me every fight, rather than talents that only give me a slight benefit on some fights. Which is why I (still) wont be taking this talent*. Your mileage may vary.

*Unless there are some gimmick fights which involve excessive amounts of groupwide stuns that make it almost impossible to survive without this talent. Even then, I'll be unspeccing out as soon as I've finished the run.