Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Feral Raid Spec - WOTLK - Obvious

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

for a raiding feral. Enough said. Idk what changed to let us do this, but I am glad it did.

I more than welcome back the tiger's fury massive buff!

Re: Feral Raid Spec - WOTLK - Obvious

Ehhh, i dont agree.

Missing out on Primal precision is just too much.

Seems a little more likely, though im still not completely certain with it.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd be willing to sac two points in thick hide for the expertise talent, but honestly, it is not THAT great. If you are hit capped, the secondary part of the talent is pointless, and you can get a lot more expertise from 1 gem rather than spending 2 talent points on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    I'd be willing to sac two points in thick hide for the expertise talent, but honestly, it is not THAT great. If you are hit capped, the secondary part of the talent is pointless, and you can get a lot more expertise from 1 gem rather than spending 2 talent points on it.
    You kidding me? Can't sacrifice thick hide for just about anything when raiding.

MAYBE if youre dead set on Master shapeshifter though it doesnt seem especially worth it. You get more value out of putting the same amount of points in Predatory Instincts for both Bear and Cat form IMO

15+ Year Old Account

I'm already near the raid boss cap for armor, that should EASY sauce in WOTLK. Armor is not a problem:P

Er... The Armor cap for a level 83 boss is going to be far more than the mediocre armor you have right now buddy.

Also, if you're posting talent builds for tanking you're clinically insane. Will edit this with a proper build soon.

That is what you should use to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocita
    Er... The Armor cap for a level 83 boss is going to be far more than the mediocre armor you have right now buddy.

Also, if you're posting talent builds for tanking you're clinically insane. Will edit this with a proper build soon.
    Agreed, though the problem for me is not building a spec for purely tanking, but building a spec to balance being good for tanking and pumping nice DPS in kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Agreed, though the problem for me is not building a spec for purely tanking, but building a spec to balance being good for tanking and pumping nice DPS in kitty.
    If you're raiding then your guild is going to be more concerned with your survivability than how high you can push your kitty on the dmg meters.

That is what you should use to tank.
    Thats pretty obvious what you should use if your just purely tanking, but everyone knows that feral druids when raiding are DPSing just as often as they are tanking usually, so you generally need to balance the DPS talents with the Tanking talents.

Im pretty clueless at the moment on deciding what talents to use to do just that. I just really dont feel that master shapeshifter is worth it to sacrifice the really good lower feral talents that you would have to sacrifice to get it.

Alubob

i would go for nearly ur build Velocita.. but remove 2 pts from rend and tear and stick in major shape shifter amd get rid of shread as i dont really use cat.. Druid is my tank not my melee dps toon

works better for me

6% to maul on bleeding target and 4% damage in bear.. rather than the 10% to maul on bleeding

better to have a universal +4% damage than just on maul on bleeding target... yeah u lose out on the FB crit but in my experince your more likely to be tanking than dps'ing and besides master SS gives you 4% to crit.... so u lose 20% on FB and gain 4%

Alubob

feral druids when raiding are DPSing just as often as they are tanking usually, so you generally need to balance the DPS talents with the Tanking talents.
    this is the thing with the new talent tree.. ur either DPS cat or Tank in feral.. you cant really be both like before

If you're raiding then your guild is going to be more concerned with your survivability than how high you can push your kitty on the dmg meters.
    Well yeah, but survivability isnt that big a problem as long as you have the core defense talents in feral. (Thick Hide, Feral Swiftness, Imp LotP, etc.)

I personally like the balance my talents to give be above average DPS in kitty, and as survivable in bear as possible. This is very doable, but i just havent decided as of yet on which talents to choose.

This is a personal choice, and while it may not be optimum if im MTing in a raid, its very good if im OTing in a raid or MTing in a 5man, which is what i would be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alubob
    this is the thing with the new talent tree.. ur either DPS cat or Tank in feral.. you cant really be both like before
    Not true, you can still do both, just not as optimally as possible.

Alubob

Not true, you can still do both, just not as optimally as possible.
    thats essentially what i mean, sorry i have problems getting out what i mean some times >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Alubob
    i would go for nearly ur build Velocita.. but remove 2 pts from rend and tear and stick in major shape shifter amd get rid of shread as i dont really use cat.. Druid is my tank not my melee dps toon

works better for me

6% to maul on bleeding target and 4% damage in bear.. rather than the 10% to maul on bleeding

better to have a universal +4% damage than just on maul on bleeding target... yeah u lose out on the FB crit but in my experince your more likely to be tanking than dps'ing and besides master SS gives you 4% to crit.... so u lose 20% on FB and gain 4%

Um.. I didn't have any points in Rend and Tear for my build, and I do have the 2 points in Master Shapeshifter for the universal 4% damage, thats a given.

The reason for the 2 points in Shredding Attacks isn't so much for the decreased Shred cost, its for the decreased Lacerate cost as thats the second most spammed ability when you're single target tanking, which happens alot if you have good CC. Lacerate should be used and not ignored, anything that reduces its rage cost is great.

The only reason you dont use Lacerate is when your swipe ability does more than 336 damage per swipe, and for you to be able to obtain that you need some fkn pimp gear with truckloads of attack power on it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=7507

Check out the "Offensive Tanking Practice: How To Generate Threat" section, very useful and informative.

This will likely become the raiding spec. You have all of the major DPS and Tanking talents, you've sacrificed some of you utility talents but, honestly, they aren't that a big deal. Talents I didn't take:

Infected Wounds- If I'm not mistaken, attack speed debuffs don't stack so imp thunderclap is better than this anyway.

Imp LOTP- Nice buff, but hardly anything that would be required. Especially with AE healing getting buffed out through the roof.

Feral Charge- Another "nice to have" talent but not a must have.

What do you think about:

Its my build for feral DPS in raids, so its made for shred and new version of FB.
    I dont need additional healing from LotP, this is healers job.
    I dont have reduced cost of mangle, because Ill use it only to keep bleeding bonus on bosses.

i can tell you one thing - none of these talents will be raiding spec. why? cause beta has just started and all talent trees will be rebuild 16725 times before wotlk hits shop shelves. i dont rly understand why do ppl even bother to make those funny trees now when every few days some talents completely disappear, new ones appear and others change their functionality by 100% or 200%. and when there is any change done ppl already QQ
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    i can tell you one thing - none of these talents will be raiding spec. why? cause beta has just started and all talent trees will be rebuild 16725 times before wotlk hits shop shelves. i dont rly understand why do ppl even bother to make those funny trees now when every few days some talents completely disappear, new ones appear and others change their functionality by 100% or 200%. and when there is any change done ppl already QQ
    It is for feedback so that blizzard/others understand the way they should (in the opinions of others) be doing with the specific type of setup of talents for their class/spec. Regardless of whether or not these talents last or not, it gives us general ideas and knowledge on what would/might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    It is for feedback so that blizzard/others understand the way they should (in the opinions of others) be doing with the specific type of setup of talents for their class/spec. Regardless of whether or not these talents last or not, it gives us general ideas and knowledge on what would/might happen.
    ^ Pretty much. At the moment talents as you said are volatile and will certaintly change. The fact that we're testing out which talent builds will be viable and which ones will not, what skills will you be able to pick up and the different combinations available with the new allotment of talent points is our way of finding out if there are any serious problems with the way the class is headed.

If people sat back and didn't question what Blizzard did the classes would be alot worse off for it.