Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    all our abilities now scale with AP AND SD, thus current gear will still be usefull whilst leveling.

    Str is king now as AP scales all of our abilities and we get 2str 1BV. BV ofc being good for both taking less damage and doing better holy sheild bashes.

    Thus we scale from AP and SD, like both stats and are generally more synergistic

  2. #22

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    In most likeliness tps will scale well enough with stam and straight up block value that we wouldn't need any str (or spelldmg) on our gear. I'd only take items with str on them if it is absolutely necessary (because for some unfathomable reason I'd lack tps)
    For that case str is of course a nice option. But as a rule I'd look items with stats:
    stam, def, dodge/parry/block rating, block value.

    Edit: and ofc hit rating and expertise ^_^
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  3. #23

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by zox
    In most likeliness tps will scale well enough with stam and straight up block value that we wouldn't need any str (or spelldmg) on our gear.
    Kiss Block Value goodbye. It's yet to be seen on a Beta server.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

  4. #24

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    Kiss Block Value goodbye. It's yet to be seen on a Beta server.
    Stay tuned, we yet to see end game gear...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  5. #25

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    ap = threat = making it were ret paladins can emergency tank amiright?

  6. #26

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    ap = threat = making it were ret paladins can emergency tank amiright?
    Yeah, in 5-mans.


    Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    Consecration doesn't, and JoR doesn't scale with AP either.
    If you are referring to judgement of righteousness, you are wrong. It does scale with AP.


  7. #27

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2
    Yeah, in 5-mans.


    well yea
    considering most players never see end game raids it would be nice for heroics and what not

  8. #28

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    well yea
    considering most players never see end game raids it would be nice for heroics and what not
    Blizz stated previously that they trying to make it possible for non-tank spec tank classes to tank "low" content just fine.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  9. #29

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    You don't need a lot of SP as a Prot paladin you do though need a lot of stam and str. Stam for the conversion to Spell power and str for your avoidance and melee damage with your 1her.

    Look at some of these new bs Patterns. They are ideal for Prot with the new talent changes come wotlk.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=763
    Those bad boys are the reason i am dropping tailoring now in advance (just, don't ask how i got it in the first place!)

  10. #30

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthraz
    Those bad boys are the reason i am dropping tailoring now in advance (just, don't ask how i got it in the first place!)

    lol don't drop ur tailoring for some obscure lvling gear just yet. chances u wont even make most (if any) of those for urself anyway.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  11. #31

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    agreed. wait for the epic patterns/sets to come out before you decide what to switch to. Inscription will have some sic stuff, as well as some of the new passive abilities from stuff like Alch.

    Back to main topic:
    I'm glad to see the itemization being streamlined and the spell co-efficients reflecting it. Unfortunately, it also makes the prot tree more bloated than ever.

  12. #32

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Hows it going to be with intelect, will we have enough intelect regen from the spirtual attunment or what ?

  13. #33

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by gibberish
    Hows it going to be with intelect, will we have enough intelect regen from the spirtual attunment or what ?
    Intellect never played any part in spiritual attunment.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  14. #34

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    i ment ofc mana regen. and you know what i ment also so dont be clever with me! :P

  15. #35

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    To zox,

    You keep saying that BV will still scale better with tps than strength, even with our new AP spell scaling, I really dont know how you can justify this anymore.

    BV increases one spell's threat, while strength increases all of them. Unless you can make it hit for a billion damage with block value only, Shield of the Righteous wont be compensating for any of the tps lost from the other spells.
    I wont even bother to come up with calculations, because you can easily tell that AP scaling on our spells through your BV itemization out the window.

    Just wondering if you have changed your position on the matter yet.

  16. #36

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    To zox,

    You keep saying that BV will still scale better with tps than strength, even with our new AP spell scaling, I really dont know how you can justify this anymore.

    BV increases one spell's threat, while strength increases all of them. Unless you can make it hit for a billion damage with block value only, Shield of the Righteous wont be compensating for any of the tps lost from the other spells.
    I wont even bother to come up with calculations, because you can easily tell that AP scaling on our spells through your BV itemization out the window.

    Just wondering if you have changed your position on the matter yet.
    I'm not saying that straight up bv scales better tps-wise than str. I'm saying that our tps scales well enough with stam+bv(+br) for not to need str at all. I'm saying I rather focus on stam, mitigation, hit/expertise than having any str on my gear.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  17. #37

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by zox
    I'm not saying that straight up bv scales better tps-wise than str. I'm saying that our tps scales well enough with stam+bv(+br) for not to need str at all. I'm saying I rather focus on stam, mitigation, hit/expertise than having any str on my gear.
    Except now strength will give you so much more tps that you can probably stop focusing on threat a lot sooner than if you used BV, leaving you more stats to spend on avoidence and stamina. I really dont see how you can still be trying to back this up lol.

  18. #38

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Except now strength will give you so much more tps that you can probably stop focusing on threat a lot sooner than if you used BV, leaving you more stats to spend on avoidence and stamina. I really dont see how you can still be trying to back this up lol.
    I'm trying to say I don't want to spend a single point on str. Nothing. The inherent stam/mitigation stats will do for threat.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  19. #39

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Quote Originally Posted by zox
    I'm trying to say I don't want to spend a single point on str. Nothing. The inherent stam/mitigation stats will do for threat.
    Except that by spending the extra points on mitigation for the same threat strength will provide, you will lose stats on avoidence. Which, so far, which seems still to be a far better trade.

  20. #40

    Re: Elimination of spell damage from tanking?

    Also take into account the insane tps buffs we get in raids:
    totems: str of earth, flametongue, windfury (requiring only 1 shaman)
    buffs: fortitude, imp spirit, kings, might, sanctuary
    auras: retri
    group buffs: commanding shout, battle shout, unleashed rage, ferocious inspiration
    raidwide debuffs: imp hunter's mark, expose weakness, misery

    probably missed out some too...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •