Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoTLK 2v2, RET & Enh Shammy

I'm wagering these 2 combo will be the scariest you can find.

CC:
    ret has 1 min repentance
    potential 30 sec CD HoJ
    enh has 30 sec hex
    pet fear

burst:
    ret has CS, divine storm, JoC, SoC proc, HoW
    enh has storm strike + ES, windfury weap

general white dmg from both class

reactive dmg:
    ret has ret aura that benefits shammy as well
    ret E4E
    shammy has lightning shield

defense:
    ret has sacred shield, DS, DP, HoP, plate
    shammy has mail. Can get the benefit from pally

kite:
    shammy has frost shock (also deals dmg), and earthbind totem
    ret has JoJ for slowing druid's travel form

anti-kite:
    cleanse, HoF

spell protection:
    grounding totem, earth shock (spell interrupt)

general buffs:
    BoM, WINDFURY TOTEM, mana spring, JoW, HEROISM

heals:
    pally/shammy general healing spells + divine storm

PURGE + CLEANSE. yes. you take out priests like slicing butter with a hot knive.

I can't think of another class that will give more synergy than a shammy. MS war is good, but they can be rage starved, lack CC and depend heavily on pally's HoF, while shammy can break movement impair with ghost wolf.

The only thing unknown is ret + DK.

Re: WoTLK 2v2, RET & Enh Shammy

beta is beta.
     KJ killed 8-7-08

Resto druid / Warrior would outlast their mana easily. Once the enhance shaman and Retadin are OOM, its game over. Their only hope would be a huge burst on 1 target before it got healed which would be relying on a lucky WF hit from both the shaman and pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Resto druid / Warrior would outlast their mana easily. Once the enhance shaman and Retadin are OOM, its game over. Their only hope would be a huge burst on 1 target before it got healed which would be relying on a lucky WF hit from both the shaman and pally.
    No such thing anymore as a lucky wf crit from pallies, check out the new windfury totem.

A Resto. Druid would actually have a pretty hard time versus a two melee team. Especially with a Paladin restriction the Druids movement with Judgement of Justice, and the fact that he can pop Avenging Wrath to ignore 50% of the armor the Druid gets from bearform.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    No such thing anymore as a lucky wf crit from pallies, check out the new windfury totem.
    Yeah I keep forgetting about that. Gonna be weird actually wanting to drop WF totem on my shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    A Resto. Druid would actually have a pretty hard time versus a two melee team. Especially with a Paladin restriction the Druids movement with Judgement of Justice, and the fact that he can pop Avenging Wrath to ignore 50% of the armor the Druid gets from bearform.
    So as you attempt to burn through the HoTs from the druid you are doing what with the MS warrior raping your Shaman?

So as you attempt to burn through the HoTs from the druid you are doing what with the MS warrior raping your Shaman?
    A Druid in caster form verus two melee? Oh yes please.

I'm not saying it's easy for the Paladin / Shaman, but it certainly won't be easy for the Druid either.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    A Druid in caster form verus two melee? Oh yes please.

I'm not saying it's easy for the Paladin / Shaman, but it certainly won't be easy for the Druid either.
    It will depend on which spec he is, but he'll either be an armored tree or an armored chicken vs a double melee team ... or just bear.

I'd like for him to be bear, and have half his mitigation gone, coupled with my Holy Damage, yes, please, be bear.

HoTs will get purged, and the shaman can hex the MS warrior. Paladin can also repentance the war. The druid will go byebye. He can't run, JoJ will be on, and get frost shocked in the face. His HoTs will be purge spammed. 1 HoJ + a combined rocking burst will bring the druid to death. The war simply can't do jack.

Let alone, pallies can spec 18 points in prot for 30 sec HoJ CD. Not sure if the PvP gear will still give us 10 sec HoJ CD reduction, but if it does, man.

Even with the nerf of shamanistic rage, enh shammies will still have a tough time running oom, thanks to the new pally judgements. The pally can switch between debuffs with JoW and JoJ and still have the dmg, thanksto no cousumption of seals.

HoJ + burst + windfury totem proc + SoC + windfury proc + CS + earthshock + divinestorm + zomg, my head assplode.

hex > berserker rage. lololololol

Quote Originally Posted by briany
    hex > berserker rage. lololololol
    thats where you trinket mate. and keeping spamstring up 24/7 on both, sweeping you etc. Your choice but good Warr/Dru will be happy taking your rating :>

3 posts above him guy writes about wf change and again he writes
    HoJ + burst + windfury totem proc + SoC + windfury proc + CS + earthshock + divinestorm + zomg, my head assplode.
    seroisuly .
    And in your case u are counting that u can get fast nuff to druid which u wont be able if he is smart tbh.
    regrowth from distance hots and hide behind pillar warrior can trinket hex and use berserker rage to break repentence. It aint easy for neither of two teams but its far from free win u make it be

CC:
    ret has 1 min repentance
    potential 30 sec CD HoJ
    enh has 30 sec hex
    pet fear
    Please tell me you don't seriously think repentance will last 1 minute in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA
    Please tell me you don't seriously think repentance will last 1 minute in pvp
    Rofl 1 Min CD, Common Sense Wat CC has 1 Min effect in arena/pvp :P

is this someone from the past ? no more pally oom with judgment of the wise , evocation and 2 min lasting seals which you dont have to recast every 8 seconds ! also try to survive as a drood in a 6 sek stun while a ret pally and a enh shammy are raping you from behind in caster or travel form

HoTs will get purged, and the shaman can hex the MS warrior. Paladin can also repentance the war. The druid will go byebye. He can't run, JoJ will be on, and get frost shocked in the face. His HoTs will be purge spammed. 1 HoJ + a combined rocking burst will bring the druid to death. The war simply can't do jack.

Let alone, pallies can spec 18 points in prot for 30 sec HoJ CD. Not sure if the PvP gear will still give us 10 sec HoJ CD reduction, but if it does, man.

Even with the nerf of shamanistic rage, enh shammies will still have a tough time running oom, thanks to the new pally judgements. The pally can switch between debuffs with JoW and JoJ and still have the dmg, thanksto no cousumption of seals.

Briany, Windfury doesn't proc for the Paladin, it's just 20% Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekz
    thats where you trinket mate.
    Shaman throws a hex, paladin throws Judgement of Justice to "slow" the druid. Warrior trinkets. Paladin uses Repentance (and assuming it doesn't resist).

Yeah, trinket's on cooldown. Shaman might be able to re-hex in 10 seconds (not sure about the cooldown). And a smart retnub will save the HoJ for locking up after a repentance, especially with a mild 30 second cooldown, leaving the warrior still stunned while the druid's hots are purged and frost shock (and JoJ, kinda) keeping him slowed. With more CC available to both classes/specs in the expansion, it will be very interesting to see what happens, given two smart players.

Also, does 'zerker rage break incapacitate? Ret might lead of with a stun to scare the warrior into trinketing, or if he just sits through the stun then they can try to scare him with Repentance. Even still, the hex is still available in that rotation. Given a Stun -> Repentance (zerker break) -> Hex -> trinket setup, the druid will still be chased and might be a little scared. Oh, before I forget, Hand of Protection + Divine Shield.

Not an easy win for either side.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

the second day of s4 i played ret paladin enhance shammy up to 1688. The way this team works is based on RNG. We pretty much could beat any druid /warrior team because our random > warrior mace stun. But then there were a few games Warrior whirlwind + mace stun > then us.

Frostmage rogue = hard
    druid healer / dps = easy mode
    other double dps = easy mode
    warlock / paladin = hard. we'd have to get lucky to RNG burst the warlock or RNG burst pally to buble and reset the fight while keeping ourselves healed.

In the end you really cant go too far with this comp in live because it is all random and luck